post #1 of 46 Old 07-01-2013, 10:35 AM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 401
MARVEL’S IRON MAN 3

Early Debut of the HD Digital and HD Digital 3D on September 3, 2013

Followed by 3D Super Set, Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD, Digital Copy & On Demand September 24, 2013

Synopsis:

Marvel Studios’ Iron Man 3 pits brash-but-brilliant industrialist Tony Stark/Iron Man against an enemy whose reach knows no bounds. When Stark finds his personal world destroyed at his enemy’s hands, he embarks on a harrowing quest to find those responsible. This journey, at every turn, will test his mettle. With his back against the wall, Stark is left to survive by his own devices, relying on his ingenuity and instincts to protect those closest to him. As he fights his way back, Stark discovers the answer to the question that has secretly haunted him: Does the man make the suit or does the suit make the man?700

Cast:

Robert Downey Jr. (The Avengers, Iron Man, Sherlock Holmes) as Tony Stark/Iron Man, Gwyneth Paltrow (Se7en, Iron Man 2, Iron Man) as Pepper Potts, Don Cheadle (Crash, Iron Man 2, Hotel Rwanda) as Lt. Col. James "Rhodey" Rhodes/ War Machine, Guy Pearce (Memento, L.A. Confidential, The Hurt Locker) as Aldrich Killian, Rebecca Hall (The Prestige, Vicky Cristina Barcelona, The Town) as Maya Hansen, Stephanie Szostak (The Devil Wears Prada, Dinner for Schmucks) as Ellen Brandt, James Badge Dale (The Departed, Shame) as Eric Savin, with Jon Favreau (Iron Man franchise) as Happy Hogan, and Ben Kingsley (Schindler’s List, Hugo, Shutter Island ) as The Mandarin

Director:

Shane Black (Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Lethal Weapon 2)

Screenplay:

Drew Pearce (No Heroics, Lip Service) & Shane Black (Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Lethal Weapon 2)

Producer:

Kevin Feige (Marvel’s The Avengers, Marvel’s Iron Man, Marvel’s Thor)

Release Date:

HD Digital and HD Digital 3D: September 3, 2013

3D BD, BD, DVD, Digital Copy, On Demand: September 24, 2013700

Bonus Features:

Deconstructing The Scene: Attack On Air Force One: Jump into action with the stunt-team & skydivers in this close-up look at creating one of the movie’s most memorable scenes.

Exclusive Behind-The-Scenes Look – Marvel’s Thor: The Dark World—Experience the spectacular new worlds, unforgettable characters, and pulse-pounding thrills of the upcoming blockbuster movie.

Marvel’s Iron Man 3 Unmasked—Join cast and crew for a crash course in epic movie-making, Marvel style.

Gag Reel

Deleted & Extended Scenes

Audio Commentary—With Drew Pearce & Shane Black

And more…

Here is the trailer:

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum
My Home Theater
My DVD/HD DVD/Blu-ray Collection
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 Old 07-01-2013, 11:37 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Thanks, Ralph! I definitely intend to check this one out if the distributors should decide to make it affordable. cool.gif

oz
post #3 of 46 Old 07-01-2013, 12:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 40
i thought it would come out in late august...seems that iron man 3 will come out the same week that avengers came out on bluray...i went to see this in imax 3d at my local amc in rockaway...the 3d was pretty good for a marvel movie the way it was converted. The surround sound was amazing, and the plot was better than the last one although the main villian is pretty weak story wise. Wish it had some deleted scenes like Avengers did...since there won't be any more Iron Man movies..a trilogy boxed set bluray would seem likely...and i'm happy that RDJ is coming back in Avengers 2 and Avengers 3. No wonder why Disney's stock is at an all time high (in addition to Lucasfilm).
post #4 of 46 Old 07-01-2013, 06:48 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kascnef82 View Post

i thought it would come out in late august...seems that iron man 3 will come out the same week that avengers came out on bluray...i went to see this in imax 3d at my local amc in rockaway...the 3d was pretty good for a marvel movie the way it was converted. The surround sound was amazing, and the plot was better than the last one although the main villian is pretty weak story wise. Wish it had some deleted scenes like Avengers did...since there won't be any more Iron Man movies..a trilogy boxed set bluray would seem likely...and i'm happy that RDJ is coming back in Avengers 2 and Avengers 3. No wonder why Disney's stock is at an all time high (in addition to Lucasfilm).

Doing a quick Google search, it appears there may be an IM4 in 2016.

When movie studios make money on these franchises, it's unlikely they'll give up on them until they stop making the money and start flopping.
post #5 of 46 Old 07-01-2013, 07:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 407
Will definitely be buying this on BD to add to the first two. Thanks for heads up Ralph smile.gif
post #6 of 46 Old 07-01-2013, 08:24 PM

Liked: 10
Now if only they would bring out Ironman 1 in 3D!
post #7 of 46 Old 07-02-2013, 07:32 AM

Liked: 23
I really liked IM1, didn't like IM2 at all, and the 3rd one was decent--they at least redeemed themselves, but like another post said, the villain's story was pretty weak--extremely disappointing, cliche-ridden laziness. The villain was awesome BEFORE the big reveal. My wife will definitely pick this up on day 1, as she is a huge Avengers movie fan; Robert Downey, Jr. in particular.
post #8 of 46 Old 07-02-2013, 02:30 PM

Liked: 18
Saw IM3 in IMAX 3D when it came out on the big screen. This was the worst of the 3 by far. Don't think I'll be buying this one. I loved IM1 and really liked IM2. Just seems IM3 was not up to par. Hopefully they dont screw up the avengers sequels.
post #9 of 46 Old 07-02-2013, 05:01 PM

Liked: 14
My five year old cannot wait for this release!

post #10 of 46 Old 07-03-2013, 02:17 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I just hope they don't keep coming out with more and it denigrates into what Jaws eventually became. Or Raiders, for that matter.
post #11 of 46 Old 07-04-2013, 06:58 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 185
Ill still get it to add to my collection. Hopefully watching it the second time around I will enjoy it.

Frank

post #12 of 46 Old 07-05-2013, 04:36 PM

Liked: 11
Ugh, no thanks. I hated Iron Man 3. One of the worst movies I have seen in a long time. I couldn't wait for it to be over with in the theater. Such a huge disappointment.
post #13 of 46 Old 07-05-2013, 04:57 PM

I loved Iron Man 3 Mike from Neighbours came a long way i like 3 way more the the others the action was cool and i enjoyed the story a big thumbs up from me
post #14 of 46 Old 07-05-2013, 08:37 PM

Liked: 17
This was a terrible movie.
post #15 of 46 Old 07-06-2013, 03:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Agree'd. 1st was great, 2nd was ok, and 3rd was dismal. I did like seeing some vulnerability from Stark, but the story line sucked overall.

Achievement Unlocked

Psychotic Episode Averted

post #16 of 46 Old 07-07-2013, 09:41 AM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 410
I am going to rent first for part three. I thought the first was great, but IM2 was a letdown.

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
post #17 of 46 Old 07-07-2013, 10:11 AM

Liked: 13
This one, particularly the 3D, was an overall disappointment for me. It will likely not be worth a purchase for my home library.
post #18 of 46 Old 07-07-2013, 10:32 AM
AVS Special Member

If you have IM 1 and 2 how could you not add this to your collections? IMDB has it rated at 7.6/10 and I generally find most in this range are pretty good, should I excluded the godfather 3 because it wasn't nearly as good as the other 2? Not that IM is comparable it's just the point. Just my 2 penny's.
post #19 of 46 Old 07-07-2013, 11:26 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 40
Star trek into darkness was better than iron man three. The 3dwas well cconverted. I preordered it. Also world wa r z was decent.
post #20 of 46 Old 07-07-2013, 12:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by comfynumb View Post

IMDB has it rated at 7.6/10 and I generally find most in this range are pretty good,

Last time I checked, my library isn't stocked from IMDB ratings. They could rate it a 10, I still wouldn't buy it. Who cares if I do have the first two. I'm not going to buy a crappy movie, IMO, just so I can complete a set.
Quote:
If you have IM 1 and 2 how could you not add this to your collections?

You are the type of people that the producers thrive on. Let's not release the extended edition/directors cut/etc the first go around. We know they'll buy each copy when it's released and we'll make our millions. cool.gif

Achievement Unlocked

Psychotic Episode Averted

post #21 of 46 Old 07-07-2013, 12:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bass addict View Post

Last time I checked, my library isn't stocked from IMDB ratings. They could rate it a 10, I still wouldn't buy it. Who cares if I do have the first two. I'm not going to buy a crappy movie, IMO, just so I can complete a set.
You are the type of people that the producers thrive on. Let's not release the extended edition/directors cut/etc the first go around. We know they'll buy each copy when it's released and we'll make our millions. cool.gif

Nope your totally wrong about me Mr BA and your comments. I buy movies one time but I happen to be an IM fan and will own it regardless of other opinions and personally i just think there's a couple comments from people that don't see this series of movies in the same light I do. Save the cool guy for the cool comments cool.gif
post #22 of 46 Old 07-07-2013, 12:15 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 410
Quote:

If you have IM 1 and 2 how could you not add this to your collections? IMDB has it rated at 7.6/10 and I generally find most in this range are pretty good, should I excluded the godfather 3 because it wasn't nearly as good as the other 2? Not that IM is comparable it's just the point. Just my 2 penny's.

I wish Iron Man 2 was not in my collection as I will most likely never watch it again and this is why I am renting the third. One watch will be plenty for me IF its only on par or worse than part 2. Also IMDB has no say as far as MY opinion and I prefer to watch and think for myself.

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
post #23 of 46 Old 07-07-2013, 12:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post

I wish Iron Man 2 was not in my collection as I will most likely never watch it again and this is why I am renting the third. One watch will be plenty for me IF its only on par or worse than part 2. Also IMDB has no say as far as MY opinion and I prefer to watch and think for myself.

Sell it, a lot of people put there's on eBay after they watch it once or twice. I have BD's I haven't watched in years but I like to keep them for my collection. I use IMDB all the time and although its not the movie bible it is a good guide. That said I have rented movies on their recommendation and been unhappy I also have rented ones that haven't gotten very good reviews and have been very happy with.
post #24 of 46 Old 07-27-2013, 06:51 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Wow - that's a pricey meatball! Might wait till it's closer to release to see if there are going to be any sales.
Aww, who am I kidding. I'll add it to my current Amazon order of ST: ID and keep an eye on the prices as the release date nears.

Ðave -
It was technically a single shenanigan, more like a hijink...

post #25 of 46 Old 07-29-2013, 03:19 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Im going to buy Iron Man 3 I need to see it again. I might enjoy it the second time around

Frank

post #26 of 46 Old 07-29-2013, 04:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Im going to buy Iron Man 3 I need to see it again. I might enjoy it the second time around

Yes, sometimes movies are better the second time around. With our new 8801 pre/pro I'm like a junky looking for any excuse to buy DTS MA biggrin.gif
post #27 of 46 Old 08-07-2013, 06:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
Interestingly IM3 has an Australian release date of 28th Aug, with that said im Wondering if the USA Release date is still @ 3 Sep ? eek.gif
post #28 of 46 Old 08-07-2013, 09:01 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinema mad View Post

Interestingly IM3 has an Australian release date of 28th Aug, with that said im Wondering if the USA Release date is still @ 3 Sep ? eek.gif

Definite buy for me

Frank

post #29 of 46 Old 08-07-2013, 03:06 PM

This movie was garbage.Only thing i enjoyed was the action scenes other than that this movie was a bore fest.It was more of a comedy movie than an iron man movie.Really enjoyed the first 2 iron man movies and couldnt wait to see this but the twist was really bad and pissed me off.But i will still have to pick this up to complete my iron man set.rolleyes.gif
post #30 of 46 Old 08-24-2013, 09:43 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Should be picking this up in the next couple of days hopefully watching it a second time Im able to enjoy it. Usually its the case, sometimes I find watching a movie at home I'm able to appreciate it more.

Frank

Reply Official AVS Blu-ray Disc Reviews

Tags
Iron Man 3 Three Disc 3d Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page