Iron Man 3 (Blu-ray) Official AVSForum Review - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 102 Old 10-01-2013, 07:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Am I the only one that thought this movie was flat and dull? Sequel mania finally getting to me perhaps. Nothing felt innovative compared to the last 2 movies. I thought the final battle scene was silly rather than exciting. There were no real technological challenges you felt were "Needed" to overcome. That was a main focal point in the other movies... he needed to improve his tech to beat this enemy, or overcome his health issues, etc. Here it was just... Hey I'm bored, lets make flying suit parts. Then the whole, "Hey here's my address" followed by the "OMG I can't believe someone came to my house!"... to me, Iron Man 3 made Iron Man 2 look a lot better. The original of course was great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 102 Old 10-01-2013, 10:49 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by damelon View Post

Am I the only one that thought this movie was flat and dull? Sequel mania finally getting to me perhaps. Nothing felt innovative compared to the last 2 movies. I thought the final battle scene was silly rather than exciting. There were no real technological challenges you felt were "Needed" to overcome. That was a main focal point in the other movies... he needed to improve his tech to beat this enemy, or overcome his health issues, etc. Here it was just... Hey I'm bored, lets make flying suit parts. Then the whole, "Hey here's my address" followed by the "OMG I can't believe someone came to my house!"... to me, Iron Man 3 made Iron Man 2 look a lot better. The original of course was great.

See my Post #70 .. eek.gif

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #93 of 102 Old 10-01-2013, 11:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

See my Post #70 .. eek.gif

haha.. oops, this is what happens when you don't read page 3!
post #94 of 102 Old 10-01-2013, 02:59 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by damelon View Post

haha.. oops, this is what happens when you don't read page 3!

Read page 2 while you are at it. tongue.gif You are not the only one!

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
post #95 of 102 Old 10-02-2013, 09:23 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Thanks for the review. I didn't particularly like the end, but it wasn't horrible. We rewatched it with some friends this weekend and overall it was definitely worth it. The 2D blu ray did look and sound great.

Robert Downey Junior is always entertaining to watch in this role. RDJ as Tony Stark is so good that I’d even watch a movie about him shopping at Costco. I’d see it twice if he was with Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner. I’d buy a copy if Samuel L Jackson was with them and he couldn’t get in because he didn’t have a Costco card. And I’d buy a copy for everyone I know if Jake Johnson as Nick from New Girl was the guy at the door who was checking everyone’s cards.
Ralph Potts and Taranteacher like this.
post #96 of 102 Old 10-02-2013, 09:39 AM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtus View Post

Thanks for the review. I didn't particularly like the end, but it wasn't horrible. We rewatched it with some friends this weekend and overall it was definitely worth it. The 2D blu ray did look and sound great.

Robert Downey Junior is always entertaining to watch in this role. RDJ as Tony Stark is so good that I’d even watch a movie about him shopping at Costco. I’d see it twice if he was with Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner. I’d buy a copy if Samuel L Jackson was with them and he couldn’t get in because he didn’t have a Costco card. And I’d buy a copy for everyone I know if Jake Johnson as Nick from New Girl was the guy at the door who was checking everyone’s cards.

Greetings,

Interesting indeed. biggrin.gif

Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum
My Home Theater
My DVD/HD DVD/Blu-ray Collection
post #97 of 102 Old 10-02-2013, 03:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland View Post

=Also, the movie was about a 1/2 too long.

So you're saying it should have been twice as long? tongue.gif
post #98 of 102 Old 10-02-2013, 03:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinmcfluffin View Post

So you're saying it should have been twice as long? tongue.gif

Yes but only half of the time biggrin.gif
post #99 of 102 Old 10-03-2013, 03:24 AM

Liked: 10
Thanks for the great review, Ralph!

Of course you had to give this BD highest marks, in the end you seem to be related somehow to Miss Pepper Potts and I can't get rid of the feeling that you are doing her and her boss a favor here. But you're right, better not upset a guy in a metal suit ;-)

Just kidding, keep up the great work!

Best regards from Germany,
Markus
post #100 of 102 Old 10-04-2013, 05:54 PM

Liked: 25
I watched Iron Man 3 last weekend and enjoyed it very much. I thought it carried along the story of the actual "Iron Man" (the person) very well. After all Iron Man isn't the metal suit, it's the man inside it. Which BTW Tony Stark was sure to mention many times in the movie.

I thought it had a good blend of humor and drama similar to the previous two movies. The action scenes were OK but lacking seriously in LFE. I'm not a big "LFE is everything" kind of guy but if I noticed it then it must have been pretty lacking.

I still like the first one best but overall IM3 is a good entertaining movie in my book. Now I just have to decide if I want to buy all 3 or wait to see if there's a 4th on the way. They did say Tony Stark will be back... confused.gif

post #101 of 102 Old 10-05-2013, 04:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishniknork View Post

I watched Iron Man 3 last weekend and enjoyed it very much. I thought it carried along the story of the actual "Iron Man" (the person) very well. After all Iron Man isn't the metal suit, it's the man inside it. Which BTW Tony Stark was sure to mention many times in the movie.

I thought it had a good blend of humor and drama similar to the previous two movies. The action scenes were OK but lacking seriously in LFE. I'm not a big "LFE is everything" kind of guy but if I noticed it then it must have been pretty lacking.

I still like the first one best but overall IM3 is a good entertaining movie in my book. Now I just have to decide if I want to buy all 3 or wait to see if there's a 4th on the way. They did say Tony Stark will be back... confused.gif

I agree and let's face it the first one was the best. But if your a fan you gotta buy it. Hey I own the Godfather 3 and it was nothing like the first two smile.gif
post #102 of 102 Old 10-08-2013, 06:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Just watched Iron Man 3 for the first time and agree with others here that this one wasn't as good as either of the first two, but it was still enjoyable and I'm still happy to have it in my own collection. Planning to watch it again within the next few weeks.

Thanks for the review, Ralph! smile.gif

oz
Reply Official AVS Blu-ray Disc Reviews

Tags
Iron Man 3 Three Disc 3d Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , Marvels The Avengers Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo In Blu Ray Packaging , Iron Man Blu Ray , Iron Man 2 Three Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page