The Little Mermaid 3D (Blu-ray) Official AVSForum Review - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 41 Old 10-05-2013, 06:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Excellent review that's spot on.Got my copy on Wednesday.The thing I always remember about "Mermaid" is that before the advent of DVD,Laserdisc copies were selling for $300 (plus).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 Old 10-06-2013, 08:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by listerone View Post

Excellent review that's spot on.Got my copy on Wednesday.The thing I always remember about "Mermaid" is that before the advent of DVD,Laserdisc copies were selling for $300 (plus).

I had a laserdisc copy (THX and Dolby Digital) and it only cost about $25.00!

post #33 of 41 Old 10-06-2013, 01:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by listerone View Post

I had the original pressing (P/S), which I "sold" for the LD box sets of The Abyss and T2 just prior to the THX LTBX version being released. I then turned around and bought the THX LTBX version for $29.95... not a bad trade, me thinks (the box sets were $125.00 each)...biggrin.gif

Peace... Vader

"Ya see, we plan ahead. That way we don't do anything right now. Earl explained it to me." - Valentine McKee

One sub to rumble them all. One sub to shake them. One sub to humble them all. And in the darkness break them....

post #34 of 41 Old 10-06-2013, 02:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 159
Got an email from Disney telling that they're aware of the issue, asking where, and what are the numbers on the shinny side of the disc are. So glad they're on top of this.

Djoel
post #35 of 41 Old 10-07-2013, 10:35 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djoel View Post

Got an email from Disney telling that they're aware of the issue, asking where, and what are the numbers on the shinny side of the disc are. So glad they're on top of this.

Djoel

I just called in to Disney. They wanted the number stamped on the shiny side of the 2D Blu-ray disc, and the number on the package spine. I was told that mailers for the DVD and 2D Blu-rays would go out this week. They still aren't saying what (if anything) they will do about the 3D Blu-ray.
post #36 of 41 Old 10-07-2013, 12:06 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader424242 View Post

Well, I have good news and I have bad news... shall we go in reverse alphabetical order and start with the good?

The good news is that I just got off the phone with Disney CS, and the exchange is legitimate. The lady I talked with knew exactly what I was calling about, and she took down my info (address, disc numbers, etc), and told me that they would be sending out a mailer for the return discs (the discs only; no packaging).

The bad news is that the exchange is indeed only for the 2D BD and DVD at this time, so those of us who shelled out the extra for the 3D are still kinda stuck with the errors (keep those calls coming, however...)

http://www.disneystudioshelp.com/ContactUs
800-723-4763 (U.S.)
888-877-2843 (Canada)

Thanks for posting the info. Just got off the phone with them and they are sending off the return material. Asked for spine code and serial number on ring of dvd.

TBMOTORING.COM - Thunder Bay Automotive Enthusiast Club
post #37 of 41 Old 10-08-2013, 09:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 203
+1 Thanks for posting info and the call was easy, peasy.

October HorrorFest Participant
post #38 of 41 Old 11-06-2013, 06:40 AM

I received the revised 2D Blu-ray disc and DVD from Disney on Monday (November 4). Haven't looked at them yet, but just wanted to report that new discs are being sent out. I had sent the original discs to Disney on October 15.

I plan to call them in the next day or two to see if there's been any decision yet on exchanging the 3D Blu-ray disc.
post #39 of 41 Old 11-06-2013, 07:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 458 Post(s)
Liked: 318
I too received mine earlier this week. From other reports it looks like they only fixed the most obvious flubs like the flipped scene in the POYW number. These various issues probably cropped up during their conversion process to 3D. A whole other team apart from the original TLM animation staff would probably not understand the ins and outs of their work and so mistakes would be made.

I had the opportunity to talk to an ex-Disney animator in the area (who actually worked on Little Mermaid, among others) and she mentioned that even some of the older classics have flipped scenes and other possible glitches from their original theatrical versions as Disney's animation department "tweaked" them over the years. This is just the latest. We didn't get into what her opinion was of these 3D conversions.

Listen up, studios! Just say "NO" to DNR and EE!!
post #40 of 41 Old 11-06-2013, 08:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 203
I received my discs yesterday as well and we just got done watching the 2D version of the film. No issues that I saw with the 2D version of the BD.

October HorrorFest Participant
post #41 of 41 Old 11-06-2013, 08:24 AM

FYI, I just called Disney to ask about any decision on an exchange program for the 3D Blu-ray. I was told they had no information on a possible 3D exchange at this time.
Reply Official AVS Blu-ray Disc Reviews

Tags
The Little Mermaid Three Disc Diamond Edition Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy Music

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page