Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

post #91 of 100 Old 02-02-2014, 08:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 54
I can confirm the 500 bitsreams ok (to my Yamaha ysp-2200) before and after the 1.63 firmware. The firmware update was not even necessary for this title. I did not have to turn off Chroma Process either.

This is Panasonic's best ever player!

- AVStefan
If you like someone's post, just use the Like button to give thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 100 Old 02-05-2014, 01:52 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVfile View Post

I can confirm the 500 bitsreams ok (to my Yamaha ysp-2200) before and after the 1.63 firmware. The firmware update was not even necessary for this title. I did not have to turn off Chroma Process either.

This is Panasonic's best ever player!

Finally hooked up my Panasonic BDT-500 - I left Chroma Process on Advanced and played the 3D disk and it played flawlessly - My 2D disc on the other hand is defective because it locks up the player at the 40 minute mark. I tried setting output to PCM and it did the same. I have ordered another 2D disc and hopefully it does not have issues!!!

EDIT: Gave the 2D disc a good cleaning and now it plays perfectly!!! The disc did not look dirty so surprised cleaning it worked
post #93 of 100 Old 02-05-2014, 07:35 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Nice. So it seems the Panasonic BDT-500 is the player to use, for now at least.

That being said, I received an email reply from Oppo customer service that stated they are working on a fix for this, and they are beta testing it. That's a LOT more hopeful, IMO. Granted, it won't work for my BDP-83, but at least there are a few options now for players that do NOT have (or won't soon, hopefully) this problem.
post #94 of 100 Old 02-06-2014, 05:31 AM

Liked: 82
I'm just really let down by this 3D blu-ray disc... Not only did I get the audio drop outs, but both my LG-Crappo and my PS3 froze numerous times. It is just fascinating to watch and listen to--man, the change of seasons, simply breathtaking!--but what a f....in' headache! mad.gif

I had been considering that Panny BDT500, but to hear Oppo, Sony, you-name-it-top-o'-the-line gear owners complain just boggles the mind... rolleyes.gif
post #95 of 100 Old 02-06-2014, 05:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Both my Pioneer Elite BDP-62FD, to a Pioneer Elite VSX-53, and Panasonic DMP-BT310, to a Yamaha RX-V765, bitstream MU just fine. My Oppo BDP-83, as documented in this thread, is a mess.

post #96 of 100 Old 02-06-2014, 11:06 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone have a digital copy code for this movie that they arent using? I threw mine out.
post #97 of 100 Old 02-26-2014, 04:36 PM

Apparently, Oppo solved the issue for their 103/105 players. Per the last firmware update : "Resolved an audio dropout issue occurring with "Monsters University (BD, 2013)", related to its Dolby TrueHD 5.1 and 7.1 audio tracks when the player's HDMI Audio Format was set to Bitstream. We worked with Dolby and our decoder chip maker to address this type of audio dropouts."
AVfile likes this.
post #98 of 100 Old 08-08-2014, 08:25 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Thumbs down Unacceptable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Potts View Post

Greetings,

This is related to the same issue associated with the audio dropouts using the Dolby TrueHD soundtrack bitstreamed from the player to your decoding device. It doesn't affect every brand of player so it's hard to know where to root the cause but solving it is simple enough. Set your Oppo to internally decode the signal (meaning set it the LPCM) while watching this film.

Regards,
I just put it on for my kids for the first time. The audio dropouts were insane! You couldn't even hear the movie. Oppo BDP-83 to Onkyo TX-NR 5007, the relays clicking sounded like a fireworks finale! The change to LPCM worked, but I find this fix utter bullsh1t. Having to jury rig the system just to watch a movie is unacceptable.

How does internally decoding the sound change it? Is it exactly the same??? I've never had to do this in the 5 years I've owned the BDP-83.
lgans316 likes this.

The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."
post #99 of 100 Old 08-09-2014, 04:02 AM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipervick View Post
I just put it on for my kids for the first time. The audio dropouts were insane! You couldn't even hear the movie. Oppo BDP-83 to Onkyo TX-NR 5007, the relays clicking sounded like a fireworks finale! The change to LPCM worked, but I find this fix utter bullsh1t. Having to jury rig the system just to watch a movie is unacceptable.

How does internally decoding the sound change it? Is it exactly the same??? I've never had to do this in the 5 years I've owned the BDP-83.
Greetings,

It's an issue with the bitstreamed lossless audio output. Having the player handle the decoding internally before output resolves it.

Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum
My Home Theater
My DVD/HD DVD/Blu-ray Collection
post #100 of 100 Old 08-09-2014, 06:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 54