Studio and Year: Paramount - 2013
MPAA Rating: NR
Feature running time: 618 Minutes
Genre: TV Drama/Thriller

Disc Format: BD-50
Encoding: AVC (MPEG-4)
Video Aspect: 1.78:1
Resolution: 1080p/24

Audio Format(s): English Dolby TrueHD 5.1, French Dolby Digital 5.1, Spanish/English Dolby Stereo
Subtitles: English, English SDH
Starring: Michael C. Hall, Jennifer Carpenter, C.S. Lee, Lauren Velez, David Zayas, Desmond Harrington, James Remar, Colin Hanks, Edward James Olmos, Mos Def, Aimee Garcia, Josh Cook, Billy Brown
Directed by: Various
Music by: Daniel Licht
Written by: Various
Region Code: A

Blu-ray Disc release Date: November 12, 2013

"It’s a wrap…"

Film Synopsis:

Dexter is a crime drama about Dexter Morgan, a man who leads a double life as an incredibly likeable forensics expert for the Miami Police Department and as an emotionless vigilante serial killer. Taught by his foster father to harness his lust for blood and killing, Dexter lives by his own strict moral code - he only kills murderers who can't otherwise be brought to justice. Dexter is a killer who grapples with fitting into society while, at the same time, he struggles with his inability to feel emotion. The irony of Dexter's life is that he works closely as a blood splatter analyst with the very people who hunt his kind - the homicide departments.

My Take:

For those who may not be familiar with Dexter it is a crime drama about Dexter Morgan, a man who leads a double life as an incredibly likeable forensics expert for the Miami Police Department and as an emotionless vigilante serial killer. Taught by his foster father to harness his lust for blood and killing, Dexter lives by his own strict moral code - he only kills murderers who can't otherwise be brought to justice. Dexter is a killer who grapples with fitting into society while, at the same time, he struggles with his inability to feel emotion. The irony of Dexter's life is that he works closely as a blood splatter analyst with the very people who hunt his kind - the homicide departments.

Dexter is a dark and oddly entertaining program filled with interesting archetypes and characters. Fortunately for the innocent Dexter has channeled his penchant for blood into ridding Miami of the criminal element that have fallen through the cracks or who have failed to receive proper justice through the system. His work for the Miami’s Homicide Division puts him in close contact with those who would normally be on the hunt for him which allows him to keep them safely at arms length. While this plays a crucial role in the shows plot what I find just as interesting are the cases that he routinely gets involved in as a forensic analyst for the Miami PD and his struggles to try to appear “normal” in his daily interaction with the people in his life. He is a complex individual who has no illusions about who he is or what he is capable of. The series is based upon the novel “Darkly dreaming Dexter” by Jeff Lindsay.

In Season seven things heated up as Dexter, was finally forced to come clean to his sister, Deb, about his deadly ways. Meanwhile, a bizarre romance blossomed between Dexter and Hannah, a beautiful fellow murderer. Deb learned how difficult it was to keep her brother's secrets, Batista pursued a dream away from the force, Queen lost his heart, and LaGuerta got close, (unfortunately too close) to pinning the Bay Harbor Butcher killings on Dexter. The wash was soon hung out to dry....
Dexter The Final Season picks up six months after the shocking conclusion to season seven. Deb has left Metro Homicide, is working as a private investigator and is reeling over guilt as she ponders the finality and weight over her choices. Dexter continues to work at Metro but struggles to cope with his lost contact with Deb while continuing to maintain the balance of raising Harrison and managing his demons. A new killer that leaves his victims with part of their skull and a portion of their brain removed provides more work for the team.

Doctor Vogel a psychiatrist that specializes in psychopaths is brought in to assist the homicide division and her connection to Metro and Dexter’s past are quickly established as their story plays out over the entire season tying together events that date back to Dexter’s beginnings. In addition an old flame resurfaces, creating more complications for both Dexter/Deb and ultimately cause Dexter to reflect on just what IS important to him. Various subplots, including Dexter taking on an apprentice in need of guidance to control his thirst for murder, Vince’s discovery that he has a daughter, and Quinn and Jamie’s romance are interwoven amidst the central plot that surrounds Dr. Vogel, Dexter, and Deb.

As a fan of the series I felt that this final season was a bit of a letdown. I think that most of this resides in the writing as the established characters, their interaction and integration into the narrative threads is essentially the same. I just felt that what we saw had been done before, to better effect and the unfolding events never really proved eye opening. The iconic feel to the character of Dexter went out with a corny whimper rather than the flaming fireball I anticipated. The last episode was flat, predictable and in some respects lacking tenable drama. Regardless Dexter has been a superb TV product and has given us some of cable television’s truly memorable moments. I am sure that it will be missed by its adoring fans. Luckily we can revisit it anytime on Blu-ray/home video.

All 12 one hour Final Season episodes are spread out over three BD-50 Blu-ray Discs, with the bulk of the bonus material located on disc 3.

Parental Guide:

The show contains graphic violence, thematic material, sexual content and language.

AUDIO/VIDEO - By The Numbers:
REFERENCE = 92-100 / EXCELLENT = 83-91 / GOOD = 74-82 / AVERAGE = 65-73 / BELOW AVERAGE = under 65

**My audio/video ratings are based upon a comparative made against other high definition media/blu-ray disc.**

Audio: 90

(Each rating is worth 4 points with a max of 5 per category)

• Dynamics: attachment.php?attachmentid=109947&d=1210373692

• Low frequency extension: attachment.php?attachmentid=109946&d=1210373692

• Surround Sound presentation: attachment.php?attachmentid=109946&d=1210373692

• Clarity/Detail: attachment.php?attachmentid=109948&d=1210373692

• Dialogue Reproduction: attachment.php?attachmentid=109948&d=1210373692

Video: 92

(Each rating is worth 4 points with a max of 5 per category)

• Resolution/Clarity: attachment.php?attachmentid=109947&d=1210373692

• Black level/Shadow detail: attachment.php?attachmentid=109946&d=1210373692

• Color reproduction: attachment.php?attachmentid=109948&d=1210373692

• Fleshtones: attachment.php?attachmentid=109946&d=1210373692

• Compression: attachment.php?attachmentid=109948&d=1210373692

Dexter: The Final Season comes to Blu-ray Disc from Paramount featuring 1080p AVC encoded video that has an average bitrate of 20 Mbps and lossless Dolby TrueHD 5.1 channel audio that has an average bitrate of 1.4 Mbps.

Dexter has consistently looked and sounded great in high definition and this presentation is no different. Images are three dimensional, exquisitely detailed, and at times seem to visually transcend the boundaries of the camera’s lens to provide the looking through a window perspective. Colors are visually stimulating with rich, vivid highlights and natural rendering that looks superb. Fleshtones are delineated with enriching complexional structure and lifelike depiction. Contrast is strong without being distractingly overstated and blacks are dynamic, with deep, gradational quality and revealing detail in low lighting and shadowy backgrounds. This is a pristine and reference quality presentation that looks impressive and is sure to please regardless of the size of your display.

The Dolby TrueHD multi-channel soundtrack is presented similarly to previous Blu-ray releases and offers excellent lossless sound quality. Dynamics are robust without being ostentatious. Dialogue is rendered with clear intonation and deep room penetration which elevates the quality of Dexter’s running monologue through the center channel speaker. The front soundstage is nicely diffused with excellent separation and clearly articulated detail. The soundtrack doesn’t contain lots of discrete surround activity but there are moments that make great use of the platform via head turning off camera cues and involving spatial dimension/ambience through the rear channels. Bass response wasn’t room shaking however it appropriately supported the source elements and provided a tight, punchy low end.

Bonus Features:

• Full length episodes 1 & 2 of new series “Ray Donovan”

• (HD) From cop to killer - 3 minute featurette

• (HD) Dexter: The end begins Season 8 episode 1(with creators) - 3 featurette

• (HD) Season 8: episode 2 – Directed by Michael C. Hall – 2 minute featurette

• (HD) Season 8: episode 3 – Scene dissection (1 minute)

• (HD) Season 8: episode 4 – (with creators) – 2 minutes

• (HD) Season 8: episode 1 (with producer Scott Buck) – 2 minutes

Final Thoughts:

Dexter: The Final Season lowers the curtain on a dark, compelling and interesting crime drama that features Michael C. Hall in a role that is far and away his best. Over the course of its run the show features well drawn characters, stimulating writing and apt direction. Season eight (this final season) lacks the solid writing, depth and stimulating situations of the show’s stronger efforts leaving a mildly sour taste not befitting the character in my opinion. Its technical presentation on Blu-ray Disc from Paramount is top notch as it looks and sounds excellent. The bonus content doesn’t offer fans much in the way of interesting features and consists only of some brief featurettes that don’t represent much of a sendoff. Regardless Dexter has been a superb TV product and has given us some of cable television’s truly memorable moments and it will be missed by its devout fan base. If you have seasons 1 through seven in your collection this release belongs there as well. Thanks for the memories Dex…

attachment.php?attachmentid=109949&d=1210373731

Ralph Potts
AVS Forum Blu-ray Reviews

Reference Review System:

JVC DLA-RS55 3D Ready 1080p High Definition Front Projector
(Calibrated with Calman 5 & C6 Meter from Spectracal)
Stewart Filmscreen - Studiotek 130 G3 100” 16x9 Screen
Carada Masquerade Horizontal Masking System
Marantz AV8801 11.2 Channel Audio/Video Processor
Sherbourn Technologies - 7/200 Seven Channel Amplifier
B&K Reference 200.7 Series 2 Seven Channel Amplifier
Oppo BDP-103D Universal Disc/3D capable Blu-ray Player (With Darbee video processing)
Panasonic DMP-BDT310 3D capable Blu-ray Player (HDMI Audio/Video)
Toshiba HD-XA2 HD DVD Player (HDMI Audio/Video)
Sony Playstation 3 Blu-ray disc Player (HDMI Audio/Video)
System Controller: Apple iPad/iRule Pro HD Universal Remote Control
Canton "Ergo" Series speakers
Axiom Audio QS8 Quadpolar speakers
SV Sound PB-13 Ultra (Rosenut finish)
APC AV S15BLK Power Conditioner/Surge Protector
Wireworld, Better Cables (Silver Serpent) - Audio/Video/Speaker Cabling
Cool Components - CP-CP102 cooling package
yadfgp likes this.

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum
My Home Theater
My DVD/HD DVD/Blu-ray Collection
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 11-10-2013, 02:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Overall I thought this was a good season.

Considering that there's only so much you can do with a show like this that had started to kind of run it's course.

The ending I thought was perfect.

1 Mitsubishi WD-82642 82" TV
1 Onkyo TX-NR929 11.4 setup
2 Emotiva XPA-5's
1 Emotiva XPA-100
1 Definitive Technology CLR 3000 (Center)
2 Definitive Technology BP2004TL's (Mains)
2 Definitive Technology ProMonitor 1000's (Heights)
6 Definitive Technology BPX's (Rears Wides Sides)
4 CHT VS-18.1 Subs
post #3 of 30 Old 11-10-2013, 02:19 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 407
I'm dying to know (no pun intended) how season 8 concludes things. I have seen the first 7 seasons and hope Netflix sends disc 1 of season 8 out to me tom. Fingers crossed!

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
post #4 of 30 Old 11-10-2013, 04:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
For the most part, I enjoyed watching this season, but thought it was far from being worthy enough to finish out an epic series like Dexter. It just seemed like season 8 was too far removed from the rest of the seasons of Dexter. I thought the ending was about the worst I've seen in a TV series to date. Just the last 5 minutes almost made the entire 8 seasons feel like a waste of time.
lovebuzz#836 and bulls like this.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
post #5 of 30 Old 11-11-2013, 12:49 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Worse ending since the Sopranos.
post #6 of 30 Old 11-11-2013, 01:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Huge Dexter fan!! Loved all the seasons but the ending, as others have said, left alot to be desired. I mean come on it was like they through 20 ideas into a hat, picked out 3 than went with that for the finally. mad.gif

My wife and I were dissapointed with Mr. Dexter Morgans end to an epic journey let got screwed at the end by bad writing. Maybe even laziness. Its a shame considering how incrdible the journey up to this point was. Sigh

Ill be picking this up though cause I own every other season and Im a completionist.

JBL Pro Cinema
post #7 of 30 Old 11-11-2013, 07:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddig View Post

Huge Dexter fan!! Loved all the seasons but the ending, as others have said, left alot to be desired. I mean come on it was like they through 20 ideas into a hat, picked out 3 than went with that for the finally. mad.gif

My wife and I were dissapointed with Mr. Dexter Morgans end to an epic journey let got screwed at the end by bad writing. Maybe even laziness. Its a shame considering how incrdible the journey up to this point was. Sigh

Ill be picking this up though cause I own every other season and Im a completionist.

Reddig, I also own every season (and am a completionist), and I am actually torn on whether or not I want to buy it. It was enjoyable, as I said earlier, but the ending just makes it almost not worth watching again...
Reddig likes this.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
post #8 of 30 Old 11-11-2013, 08:11 AM
AVS Special Member

For me and my family who watched the final episode with me, we all were pretty much in agreement that the way it ended was really good. One of the better finales I can recall ever seeing.

We're all huge Dexter fans and have seen every episode together for the most part.

I can understand somewhat to an extent why some might have been let down by it. But for me, the way I see it, if you take into context the way the series was headed, and the way the final season played out, and then the final outcome for Dexter, I don't think they could have possibly ended it any better.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
There were always various ideas of how it could and would end. The primary 2 of course, always being, either him getting killed, or winding up in jail.

The ending I thought was very somber and depressing (in a good way), but also in a way, very thought provoking and also at the same time, unbelievably enough, a somewhat happy ending as well. tongue.gif
Ralph Potts likes this.

2 Emotiva XPA-5's
1 Emotiva XPA-100
4 CHT VS-18.1 Subs
post #9 of 30 Old 11-11-2013, 10:30 AM
AVS Special Member

SPOILER Alert!!!!!!!!
My biggest fault was Debs fate. She deserved to not go out that way. But this all subjective. My wife and I truly loved the series and morn it's end

Edit: added Spoiler alert

JBL Pro Cinema
post #10 of 30 Old 11-11-2013, 10:42 AM
AVS Special Member

^ ^ ^ ^ That might be considered a spoiler to some. eek.gif

Maybe you might want to spoiler tag that or delete.

Thanks
Reddig likes this.

2 Emotiva XPA-5's
1 Emotiva XPA-100
4 CHT VS-18.1 Subs
post #11 of 30 Old 11-11-2013, 11:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 114
I cant see how they could have ended it another way to be honest.

However this was far from Dexter's best season...I think that goes to either Season one or the season with John Lithgow

Trying to enjoy the simple things in life.

Steam: madbrayniak

post #12 of 30 Old 11-11-2013, 11:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimeran View Post

I cant see how they could have ended it another way to be honest.

However this was far from Dexter's best season...I think that goes to either Season one or the season with John Lithgow

Agreed. Trinity was such a creepy character and John L did wonderful. I loved that season, season with Miguel Prado, and season 1 the best.

JBL Pro Cinema
post #13 of 30 Old 11-11-2013, 12:06 PM
Advanced Member

Horrible series finale. Weird that Micheal C Hall has also starred in one of the greatest
series finales Six Feet Under.

post #14 of 30 Old 11-11-2013, 12:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Seems like there's alot of people who consider the finale to be horrible.

I thought it was a perfect ending.

Just curious how some of you would have preferred to see it end?

Thanks! smile.gif

2 Emotiva XPA-5's
1 Emotiva XPA-100
4 CHT VS-18.1 Subs
post #15 of 30 Old 11-11-2013, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by yadfgp View Post

^ ^ ^ ^ That might be considered a spoiler to some. eek.gif

Maybe you might want to spoiler tag that or delete.

Thanks

Greetings,

Tags added... smile.gif

Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum
My Home Theater
post #16 of 30 Old 11-11-2013, 02:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Okay, now that we got going, I am going to point out a few nitpicks about this season.
I would have been okay with Dexter dying in the hurricane (as was eluded to before the big surprise after the fact). I think that would have been better to leave it there than, "oh you think he's dead? Surprise!! He's a lonely lumberjack!!! (Every time I think of "Surprise" I think of Sgt. Doakes saying, "Surprise, M...F!")

Also, Dr. Vogel just seemed like such an afterthought in the entire scheme of things. Considering that she's known about Dexter from the get-go, it seemed just too coincidental, but VERY out of place, for her to show up in the final season. It should've happened earlier. I also did not like the introduction and lack of closure to Masuka's daughter. Seemed so pointless at the end of the series. They just introduced too much into the final season and left out too much in the ending.

I actually was fine with Deb dying out. I really liked her character, but it was one of the few things that definitely added to the finiteness of the series. I did like Hannah getting the responsibility of Harrison, but it didn't quite seem okay especially considering Dex was alive.

Again, all things considered, I enjoyed the final season for what it was.

post #17 of 30 Old 11-11-2013, 07:16 PM

We watched this show from the beginning, but this AWFUL ending can never be forgiven, and throws the whole series into doubt. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!! mad.gif
post #18 of 30 Old 11-12-2013, 12:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bukley View Post

We watched this show from the beginning, but this AWFUL ending can never be forgiven, and throws the whole series into doubt. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!! mad.gif

Agreed, show peaked with season 4. Clyde Philips who was the showrunner left the series after season 4, and the show kept dipping in quality. He recently shared how he would have ended the series had he stayed on and imo would have been a much better ending then the totally unbelievable ending they gave us, heres a link

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/23/former-dexter-showrunner-on-how-he-would-have-ended-the-series

post #19 of 30 Old 11-12-2013, 07:44 AM

Liked: 31
The final season (and final episode) of Dexter was so poor that it retroactively makes me regret ever loving the show....it was THAT bad. I wish I could simply pretend that the show ended with Trinity's storyline
Aetherhole likes this.
post #20 of 30 Old 11-12-2013, 07:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Mammoth View Post

Agreed, show peaked with season 4. Clyde Philips who was the showrunner left the series after season 4, and the show kept dipping in quality. He recently shared how he would have ended the series had he stayed on and imo would have been a much better ending then the totally unbelievable ending they gave us, heres a link

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/23/former-dexter-showrunner-on-how-he-would-have-ended-the-series

I like that idea of an ending better!

Trying to enjoy the simple things in life.

Steam: madbrayniak

post #21 of 30 Old 11-12-2013, 01:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 118
I wrote up some ideas on why I was somewhat disappointed by this last season and especially the finale, but I think it was really boring so I won't make you guys suffer lol. I think I would rate it right exactly where Ralph did, as I've been a fan since I first started binge-ing (what the heck, is binging a word or what? I get the darn red line every time...trying to say that I BINGED on Dexter!) on Season 1 and felt it's been relatively consistent from season to season. That being said, I really was hoping for at LEAST the 2nd half of this past season going in a whole new direction. Maybe Dex gets ratted out and has to navigate the legal system...maybe you get someone to pick up the Lundy trail and try to nail him to the wall....heck, maybe even just take the story line with his "mom" in a direction other than something that was so similar to the usual story arc.

I dunno...I'm definitely a fan of the show but I think I'm glad it's over.
post #22 of 30 Old 11-18-2013, 10:49 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Just finished the final episode of season 8 and I thought the ending was pretty damn perfect actually. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
It was ROUGH seeing Deb go and I was shocked by that one, but it made for depressingly great TV. Dexter winding up where he did in that final scene was very fitting all things considered.

I really enjoyed the whole season and it firmly capped one of the top two or three best all time series for me. Sucks that this and Breaking Bad had to end this year since shows of this caliber are very few and very far between for me. Both were amazing while they lasted though! cool.gif

4.5/5 Would be my vote for this season.

A/V was fine, but this is one of those rare cases for me where neither was a major focus as I was so glued to the actual show.

What the hell am I going to watch now that these two amazing shows are gone? frown.gif

post #23 of 30 Old 11-19-2013, 12:19 AM
AVS Special Member

I bought the first season of Person of Interest to watch, so I may give that a go. A buddy of mine told me it's his favorite show of the last five years, which sort of surprised me. Then I looked on Amazon at the reviews and quite a few people say that....so I'm going to binge on this next, I think. I've always been a Caveizel fan and the guy from Lost is a solid actor.

Also thinking about the Wire.
post #24 of 30 Old 11-19-2013, 09:14 AM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summa View Post

I bought the first season of Person of Interest to watch, so I may give that a go. A buddy of mine told me it's his favorite show of the last five years, which sort of surprised me. Then I looked on Amazon at the reviews and quite a few people say that....so I'm going to binge on this next, I think. I've always been a Caveizel fan and the guy from Lost is a solid actor.

Thanks for the Person of Interest rec and I just put disc 1 season 1 near the top of my que. smile.gif I had The Wire highly recommended to me by a few people a while ago and I gave it a shot, but it just did not do anything for me for whatever reason. A lot of people love that show though it seems, so you will probably enjoy it.

post #25 of 30 Old 11-19-2013, 12:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post

Thanks for the Person of Interest rec and I just put disc 1 season 1 near the top of my que. smile.gif I had The Wire highly recommended to me by a few people a while ago and I gave it a shot, but it just did not do anything for me for whatever reason. A lot of people love that show though it seems, so you will probably enjoy it.

I can relate to that, cause that's what happened with me and Mad Men. Seems that show has a huge following, so I gave it what I thought was a fair shot to capture my attention (about five eps), but I never found myself being drawn back to it.

If you were a fan of The Sopranos and liked the Sylvio Dante character, you might enjoy Lilyhammer on Netflix. It's almost like an unofficial spinoff of that character. It's about a NYC boss who testifies for the gov't and enters into the witness protection program. He chooses Lillehammer, Norway because he liked how it looked during the Olympics (lol). It's an odd combination of "fish out of water", drama, and comedy. It's a huge hit in Norway and Netflix has the exlcusive rights for this market. Season 1 is available on Netflix streaming with S2 becoming available next month.
post #26 of 30 Old 11-19-2013, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 400
Quote:

Greetings,

Todd & AJ, I reviewed Person of interest Season one. You can check it out if you're interested: Official AVS Blu-ray review - Person of interest season one.

Regards,
Summa likes this.

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum
My Home Theater
post #27 of 30 Old 11-19-2013, 01:59 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I can relate to that, cause that's what happened with me and Mad Men. Seems that show has a huge following, so I gave it what I thought was a fair shot to capture my attention (about five eps), but I never found myself being drawn back to it.

If you were a fan of The Sopranos and liked the Sylvio Dante character, you might enjoy Lilyhammer on Netflix. It's almost like an unofficial spinoff of that character. It's about a NYC boss who testifies for the gov't and enters into the witness protection program. He chooses Lillehammer, Norway because he liked how it looked during the Olympics (lol). It's an odd combination of "fish out of water", drama, and comedy. It's a huge hit in Norway and Netflix has the exlcusive rights for this market. Season 1 is available on Netflix streaming with S2 becoming available next month.

Cool, thanks! Just put Lilyhammer in my streaming que.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Potts View Post

Greetings,

Todd & AJ, I reviewed Person of interest Season one. You can check it out if you're interested: Official AVS Blu-ray review - Person of interest season one.

Regards,

Thanks Ralph! Did not realize you had reviewed this and will go check it out right now.

post #28 of 30 Old 11-19-2013, 06:02 PM
AVS Special Member

I'm in the same boat you guys are in, with nothing to watch, now that 2 of the best shows of all time just ended on the exact same day! frown.gif

I've been tempted to check out Boardwalk Empire. Helluva great cast.

Anyone here been watching that 1?

2 Emotiva XPA-5's
1 Emotiva XPA-100
4 CHT VS-18.1 Subs
post #29 of 30 Old 11-19-2013, 11:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Potts View Post

Greetings,

Regards,

Nice! I should have figured Ralph would have us covered with a review haha

I'm sold on it now...can't wait to give it a go!
post #30 of 30 Old 11-19-2013, 11:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yadfgp View Post

I'm in the same boat you guys are in, with nothing to watch, now that 2 of the best shows of all time just ended on the exact same day! frown.gif

I've been tempted to check out Boardwalk Empire. Helluva great cast.

Anyone here been watching that 1?

It's not easy when two iconic shows come to an end, that's for sure. I tell you what, though, I used to be almost exclusively a movies and sports guy, with the occasional reality show (e.g Survivor, Big Brother) thrown in. But I've shifted a fair bit of my entertainment time to tv - mostly cable shows. Person of Interest will be an exception, but I have a few buds who swear by Boardwalk Empire. Steve Bucemi and Michael Shannon on the same show? How can you go wrong there? That one is on my short list, as well.

Of course, I also binged on S1 and S2 of Sons of Anarchy a year and a half ago, and I've enjoyed it more than I figured I would. In fact, tonight's episode was pretty amazing. The show is a bit rough around the edges and a bit over the top, but overall it's well done, IMO.

And to loosely get this back to the Dexter topic, I really enjoyed the Ray Donovan "chaser" after Dexter this past season. It's very well acted and you get Jon Voight and James Woods, to boot...

Pretty amazing how much good TV there is out there. I really think the cable networks raised the bar sky high with many of these shows.
Reply Official AVS Blu-ray Disc Reviews

Tags
Dexter The Complete Final Season Blu Ray
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page