Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 40 Old 12-11-2013, 05:20 AM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 396
Greetings,

With Paul Walker's death coinciding with my review as well as the release of the film on Blu-ray it was natural for it to come up as part of the discussion. However debates about the legitimacy of people's reactions to his death or aspersions about his personal life/character are way off topic here and won't be permitted. In light of that I have deleted the above posts and PM'd the member that began that discussion.

Kindly refrain from venturing into offshoots that take the original thread topic which is the review/Blu-ray too far from center. Now that the disc has been released let's get back to talking about what you guys think.. smile.gif

Regards,
Hughmc likes this.

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum
My Home Theater
My DVD/HD DVD/Blu-ray Collection
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 40 Old 12-11-2013, 05:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Watched this last night and I gotta say, this is one of the dumbest movies I've seen this year. Shut your brains off and get the popcorn for this one. I thought the airport runway at the end must have been 20 miles long. I thought it would never end.
post #33 of 40 Old 12-11-2013, 08:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 116
I watched this last night also. It was everything a Faster and Furious-er movie should be - fast cars, good looking women and non-stop action. Yes it's ridiculous in many ways but you definitely don't watch this movie for realism. You watch it for...fast cars, good looking women and non-stop action. To that end it delivers in spades.
Hughmc, PcGeek626 and BornSlippyZ like this.

post #34 of 40 Old 12-11-2013, 07:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensmith48 View Post

Watched this last night and I gotta say, this is one of the dumbest movies I've seen this year. Shut your brains off and get the popcorn for this one. I thought the airport runway at the end must have been 20 miles long. I thought it would never end.

Did you enjoy the first 5 and just dislike this one?
post #35 of 40 Old 12-12-2013, 03:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I suppose it was mainly the 20 mile long runway that was the last straw.
post #36 of 40 Old 12-13-2013, 08:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensmith48 View Post

I suppose it was mainly the 20 mile long runway that was the last straw.

LOL. I had the exact same thought when watching it. I assumed the runway was a circle. biggrin.gif

But let's be honest here; this dates all the way back to FF1. The runway bugged me less than the first race Paul was in where he hits the nitrous and the floor pan blows out and starts sparking all over the place.

You've got to give them credit where credit is due though; at least the 21 spd transmissions have been reduced to about 10 (even though the poor old muscle cars are still getting the nitrous treatment). Leave the NAWS to them imports, lol.

Achievement Unlocked

Psychotic Episode Averted

post #37 of 40 Old 12-14-2013, 11:00 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Fast 5 is my favorite. Totally over the top actions without any justification and hence great pop corn entertainment. Fast 6 I think tries too hard to justify the motivation of the characters and really how do you top the ending of Fast 5.

RIP, Paul Walker, you were a good man.
post #38 of 40 Old 12-15-2013, 01:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Quote:
Fast 5 is my favorite. Totally over the top actions without any justification and hence great pop corn entertainment. Fast 6 I think tries too hard to justify the motivation of the characters and really how do you top the ending of Fast 5.

As a stand alone movie, it's probably the best of the bunch. As a Fast and Furious movie, not so much. Fast 6 goes back to its roots and brings back more cars and women which are two important elements of this movie franchise, IMHO. I mentioned earlier that Fast 2 was my favourite, but went back and watched the first one and damn it's good. I just really like the second one because of the relationship between Rome and Brian. Tyrese is such a funny character in that movie and he really stole the show.

post #39 of 40 Old 12-15-2013, 03:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by blastermaster View Post

As a stand alone movie, it's probably the best of the bunch. As a Fast and Furious movie, not so much. Fast 6 goes back to its roots and brings back more cars and women which are two important elements of this movie franchise, IMHO. I mentioned earlier that Fast 2 was my favourite, but went back and watched the first one and damn it's good. I just really like the second one because of the relationship between Rome and Brian. Tyrese is such a funny character in that movie and he really stole the show.

I'll have to go and rewatch the second one. I personally hated that one when I initially watched it. I swear there was rumor of an Emmy to be handed out for the movie with the most "brahs" in it. cool.gif

Achievement Unlocked

Psychotic Episode Averted

post #40 of 40 Old 12-15-2013, 04:43 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by blastermaster View Post

Fast 6 goes back to its roots and brings back more cars and women which are two important elements of this movie franchise, IMHO.

What didn't wok for me in Fast 6 is the importance they place on Letty's death. Letty was not an interesting character played by a poor actress. I don't have much affinity to Letty's character even though I watched all 6 F&F movies.

What is surprising to see now is how the achronological Tokyo Drift gives life to Han. It is very satisfying to see the life of Han and the reasons of him going to Tokyo. I think even the producers will say this is purely serendipity but it works very well for me.
Reply Official AVS Blu-ray Disc Reviews

Tags
Fast Furious 6 Extended Edition Blu Ray Dvd Digital Hd With Ultraviolet

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page