AVSForum Blu-ray Spotlight: Ralph's picks for Room Shaking Bass - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 12Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #181 of 188 Old 11-24-2014, 07:28 AM
Member
 
voodoo2crue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Here's one. The beginning of The Edge of Tomorrow knocked a picture off my wall before I could turn the volume down. A few stats from another user on Data-Bass forum
Edge of Tomorrow (7.1 DTS-HD MA)
Level - (113.59dB composite)
Extension - (9Hz)
Dynamics - (27.61dB)


Last edited by voodoo2crue; 11-24-2014 at 07:42 AM.
voodoo2crue is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #182 of 188 Old 11-24-2014, 08:59 PM
AVS Special Member
 
darthray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cold lake Alberta Canada
Posts: 1,137
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 150
Love this topic, lots of good demo that I have forget over time


Ray

Birthdays are good for you
The more you have
The longer you live
darthray is online now  
post #183 of 188 Old 11-26-2014, 02:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Sharp1080's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Southern Calif
Posts: 1,853
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo2crue View Post
Here's one. The beginning of The Edge of Tomorrow knocked a picture off my wall before I could turn the volume down. A few stats from another user on Data-Bass forum
Edge of Tomorrow (7.1 DTS-HD MA)
Level - (113.59dB composite)
Extension - (9Hz)
Dynamics - (27.61dB)



I just rented it today from Redbox. I know what I'll be doing tonight! I cannot wait for the opening scene. I will test my dual Fathom F113's for sure!
Sharp1080 is offline  
post #184 of 188 Old 11-26-2014, 03:26 PM
Senior Member
 
Pioneer_Elte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 325
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp1080 View Post
I just rented it today from Redbox. I know what I'll be doing tonight! I cannot wait for the opening scene. I will test my dual Fathom F113's for sure!
Not to dampen your spirits, but there's a thread on the forum that dealt with the audio tracks on blu-rays from Redbox and how they're downgraded.
"NetFlix RedBox BD's Without DTS-HD Master Audio / DD 5.1 Instead"

Just don't want you to think there's a problem with your F113's.

Pioneer_Elte is offline  
post #185 of 188 Old 11-26-2014, 08:38 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Sharp1080's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Southern Calif
Posts: 1,853
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pioneer_Elte View Post
Not to dampen your spirits, but there's a thread on the forum that dealt with the audio tracks on blu-rays from Redbox and how they're downgraded.
"NetFlix RedBox BD's Without DTS-HD Master Audio / DD 5.1 Instead"

Just don't want you to think there's a problem with your F113's.


Copy that, thanks for the reminder. It is Lionsgate IIRC that does that to it's discs? Just for the record, I have started the disc and it is indeed DTS-HD Master Audio. The opening sequence wow! I can confirm there is no issue with the Fathom's. I have to say that was some serious low end.
Franin likes this.

Last edited by Sharp1080; 11-26-2014 at 10:21 PM.
Sharp1080 is offline  
post #186 of 188 Old 11-27-2014, 05:52 AM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member
 
Toe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,318
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pioneer_Elte View Post
Not to dampen your spirits, but there's a thread on the forum that dealt with the audio tracks on blu-rays from Redbox and how they're downgraded.
"NetFlix RedBox BD's Without DTS-HD Master Audio / DD 5.1 Instead"

Just don't want you to think there's a problem with your F113's.
Only ones that do this that I have seen are select Lionsgate titles and their subsidiary company Summit so the majority of rentals will still have lossless audio. EoT DOES have the lossless track which I can confirm as well as I rented from Netflix.
Ralph Potts likes this.

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
Toe is online now  
post #187 of 188 Old 11-28-2014, 02:44 PM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer
 
Ralph Potts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Middletown NY
Posts: 9,506
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
Only ones that do this that I have seen are select Lionsgate titles and their subsidiary company Summit so the majority of rentals will still have lossless audio. EoT DOES have the lossless track which I can confirm as well as I rented from Netflix.
Greetings,

Thanks for adding this info Todd...


Regards,
Toe likes this.

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum
My Home Theater
My DVD/HD DVD/Blu-ray Collection
Ralph Potts is online now  
post #188 of 188 Old 11-29-2014, 05:39 AM
Senior Member
 
Pioneer_Elte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 325
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp1080 View Post
Copy that, thanks for the reminder. It is Lionsgate IIRC that does that to it's discs? Just for the record, I have started the disc and it is indeed DTS-HD Master Audio. The opening sequence wow! I can confirm there is no issue with the Fathom's. I have to say that was some serious low end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
Only ones that do this that I have seen are select Lionsgate titles and their subsidiary company Summit so the majority of rentals will still have lossless audio. EoT DOES have the lossless track which I can confirm as well as I rented from Netflix.
Thanks for the info. I ended up buying the blu-ray while I was out yesterday for $6 (well past the rush @ 6pm) which is definitely not a bad price to pay to shake the room.

Pioneer_Elte is offline  
Reply Official AVS Blu-ray Disc Reviews



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off