16Likes

post #1 of 69 Old 07-21-2014, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 512
Godzilla is coming to 3D/2D Blu-ray!

The king of the monsters is reborn when Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures’

Godzilla

Arrives on Blu-ray 3D combo pack, Blu-ray Combo Pack, 2-Disc DVD Special Edition and Digital HD on September 16th from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Blu-ray and Digital Download include exciting bonus features including an in-depth look behind the cover-up that kept Godzilla’s existence a secret from the world for more than 50 years. Own the Limited Edition Godzilla MetalPak, which includes exclusive embossed artwork, the Blu-ray Combo pack and Godzilla’s iconic roar! See Godzilla at Comic Con International: San Diego July 23 through July 27

Burbank, CA, July 21, 2014 – Nature controls man, not the other way around, in “Godzilla,” arriving onto Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack, Blu-ray Combo Pack, 2-Disc DVD Special Edition and Digital HD on September 16 from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. An epic action adventure directed by Gareth Edwards (“Monsters”), Warner Bros. Pictures’ and Legendary Pictures’ “Godzilla” is the long-awaited big screen return of the King of the Monsters.

Directed by Edwards from a screenplay by Max Borenstein and a story by David Callaham, “Godzilla” is based on the character “Godzilla,” owned and created by TOHO CO., LTD. Thomas Tull and Jon Jashni produced the film with Mary Parent and Brian Rogers. Patricia Whitcher and Alex Garcia served as executive producers, alongside Yoshimitsu Banno and Kenji Okuhira.

“Godzilla” stars Aaron Taylor-Johnson (“Kick-Ass”), Oscar® nominee Ken Watanabe (“The Last Samurai,” “Inception”), Elizabeth Olsen (“Martha Marcy May Marlene”), Oscar® winner Juliette Binoche (“The English Patient,” “Cosmopolis”), and Oscar® nominee Sally Hawkins (“Blue Jasmine”), alongside Oscar® nominee David Strathairn (“Good Night, and Good Luck.,” “The Bourne Legacy”) and Bryan Cranston (“Argo,” TV’s “Breaking Bad”).

“Godzilla” will be available on (MetalPak) Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack for $44.95 and on Blu-ray Combo Pack for $35.99. Both include the film in high definition on Blu-ray Disc, a DVD, and a digital version of the movie in Digital HD with UltraViolet.* Fans can also own “Godzilla” in Digital HD on September 16 via purchase from digital retailers. Warner Bros. Home Entertainment will celebrate the release of this summer’s blockbuster with a four-day interactive display at Comic Con International: San Diego on the lawn behind Hall H with entertainment and activities for fans. From Wednesday through Sunday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. each day, fans can view the 24-foot tall sculpture of the King of the Monsters, along with fan art and a graffiti wall where visitors can memorialize their favorite Godzilla moments. Giveaways and photo opportunities will also be available.

SYNOPSIS:

In this gritty, realistic sci-fi action epic, Godzilla returns to its roots as one of the world's most recognized monsters. Directed by Gareth Edwards and featuring an all-star international cast, this spectacular adventure pits Godzilla against malevolent creatures that, bolstered by humanity's scientific arrogance, threaten our very existence.

BLU-RAY AND DVD ELEMENTS:

“Godzilla” Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack, Blu-ray Combo Pack and 2-Disc Standard Definition DVD Special Edition contain the following special features:[list]

* MONARCH: Declassified - Discover explosive new evidence not contained in the film that unravels the massive cover-up to keep Godzilla’s existence a secret:

-Operation: Lucky Dragon
- MONARCH: The M.U.T.O. File
- The Godzilla Revelation

* The Legendary Godzilla - Go behind the scenes with filmmakers and cast for an even deeper look at the larger than life monsters in the film:
- Godzilla: Force of Nature
- A Whole New Level Of Destruction
- Into The Void: The H.A.L.O. Jump o Ancient Enemy: The M.U.T.O.s

DIGITAL DISTRIBUTION ELEMENTS “Godzilla” will be available for streaming and download to watch anywhere in high definition and standard definition on their favorite devices from select digital retailers including Amazon, CinemaNow, Flixster, iTunes, PlayStation, Target Ticket, Vudu, Xbox and others.

“Godzilla” will also be available digitally on Video On Demand services from cable and satellite providers, and on select gaming consoles.

ABOUT DIGITAL HD WITH ULTRAVIOLET *Digital HD with UltraViolet allows fans to watch a digital version of their movie or TV show anywhere, on their favorite devices. Digital HD with UltraViolet is included with the purchase of specially marked Blu-ray discs. Digital HD with UltraViolet allows consumers to instantly stream and download movies and TV shows to TVs, computers, tablets and smartphones through UltraViolet retail services like CinemaNow, Flixster, Target Ticket, VUDU and more.

For more information on compatible devices go to wb.com/ultravioletdevices. Consult an UltraViolet Retailer for details and requirements and for a list of HD-compatible devices.

Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack $44.95, Blu-ray Combo Pack $35.99, 2-disc Amaray (WS) $28.98

Street Date: September 16, 2014

DVD Languages: English, Latin Spanish, Canadian French BD Languages: English, Latin Spanish, Canadian French DVD Subtitles: English SDH, Latin Spanish, Parisian French BD Subtitles: English SDH, Latin Spanish, Parisian French Running Time: 123 minutes Rating: PG-13 for intense sequences of destruction, mayhem and creature violence DLBY/SURR DLBY/DGTL [CC]

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Ralph Potts; 07-21-2014 at 04:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 69 Old 07-21-2014, 01:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Awesome news!

Just pre-ordered the limited edition MetalPak from Amazon. This is my favorite movie so far this year (saw it 3 times in the theater) so it's a definite buy for me.
robnix likes this.
post #3 of 69 Old 07-21-2014, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 508 Post(s)
Liked: 246
As good as the reviews were, I thought it was horrible.
Marc Wielage likes this.
post #4 of 69 Old 07-21-2014, 01:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 70
WB, please add Atmos to this release!
GreySkies likes this.
post #5 of 69 Old 07-21-2014, 01:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 147
I was really disappointed with this film..the whole Bryan Cranston segment was quite silly, as it had no bearing on the rest of the film...what it was trying to convey could have been done in 3-4 minutes of a backstory setup...OR...the role could have been more of an Ellie Arroway (Contact) type, where he was on the fringes of his work, but become quite valuable once his years of research become pertinent. The music was awful as well...

Of course, I'm sure I'll still order it...

post #6 of 69 Old 07-21-2014, 01:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrang View Post
I was really disappointed with this film..the whole Bryan Cranston segment was quite silly, as it had no bearing on the rest of the film...what it was trying to convey could have been done in 3-4 minutes of a backstory setup...OR...the role could have been more of an Ellie Arroway (Contact) type, where he was on the fringes of his work, but become quite valuable once his years of research become pertinent. The music was awful as well...

Of course, I'm sure I'll still order it...
Exactly. I felt zero emotional connection to anyone in the movie.

Had I not paid for IMAX 3D, I would have left the theater...and this is coming from someone who talked this movie up to all of his peers
post #7 of 69 Old 07-21-2014, 02:22 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Hopefully there will be an option to remove all the human scenes that don't include Bryan Cranston. That would make for a MUCH better movie!
Marc Wielage likes this.
post #8 of 69 Old 07-21-2014, 02:50 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by thxman View Post
WB, please add Atmos to this release!
Thinking the same thing.

Nabs17
post #9 of 69 Old 07-21-2014, 04:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Another (reliable) website is showing that it's spec'd for DTS-MA. If that's truly the case, I think we might not be getting Atmos on this like we thought.
post #10 of 69 Old 07-21-2014, 04:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattopotamus View Post
Everybody I talk too said the movie was garbage, I wait till comes on cable.
post #11 of 69 Old 07-21-2014, 04:20 PM

Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrang View Post
I was really disappointed with this film..the whole Bryan Cranston segment was quite silly, as it had no bearing on the rest of the film...what it was trying to convey could have been done in 3-4 minutes of a backstory setup...
I wish the whole thing had been a Bryan Cranston film, which (to me) is what the trailer implied. Instead, he was kind of a "guest star" in the film, barely in there for 20 minutes. I thought the son was a very bland character, and we barely got to see Godzilla in it.

It was a better movie than I was expecting, but still terrible. I'll say this: it was a lot better than the 1998 Roland Emmerich version.
Stormshadow4life likes this.
post #12 of 69 Old 07-21-2014, 04:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Wielage View Post
I wish the whole thing had been a Bryan Cranston film, which (to me) is what the trailer implied. Instead, he was kind of a "guest star" in the film, barely in there for 20 minutes. I thought the son was a very bland character, and we barely got to see Godzilla in it.

It was a better movie than I was expecting, but still terrible. I'll say this: it was a lot better than the 1998 Roland Emmerich version.
I agree about previews. No doubt it was better than the 1998 flick, but that doesn't say much.
post #13 of 69 Old 07-21-2014, 04:34 PM
CIH USER

Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Never saw it at the theatres definitely will be picking this up.
audiofan1 likes this.
post #14 of 69 Old 07-21-2014, 04:36 PM
Bass Enabler

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 478 Post(s)
Liked: 812
Hmph. No mention of sound.

Duly noted.

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

- direct pod link

- main website

post #15 of 69 Old 07-21-2014, 05:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: Canada - West Island: Vancouver, South Direction: Go East
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked: 372
I don't want to miss the sequel versus King Kong; in 4K, 3D, and Dolby Atmos. ...On Blu-ray.

Bests, ~ Robert § (Bob)

post #16 of 69 Old 07-21-2014, 07:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 260
I thought this movie was a terrific homage to the original Toho films and will absolutely be picking this up first day. Go! Go! Godzilla!
dianebrat and CURX8 like this.

Looky here!
post #17 of 69 Old 07-21-2014, 07:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Awesome!

Klipsch Image Ones
Klipsch x11i
Rega P5/Groovetracer/Denon DL-103R
Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre/SUT
Pioneer SC35
Bel Canto REF 500M
Klipsch Cornwall/Crites/Aletheia Audio
Klisch RC64II
Klipsch SW-115
OPPO BDP-93
Samsung PN64D8000
post #18 of 69 Old 07-21-2014, 08:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robnix View Post
I thought this movie was a terrific homage to the original Toho films and will absolutely be picking this up first day. Go! Go! Godzilla!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchu18 View Post
Awesome!
Right on, that's what I've heard too. ...From the people who have taste in movies of that genre. ...An homage...

Go Godzilla Go! :swingingbanana:*

* For King Kong.

Bests, ~ Robert § (Bob)

post #19 of 69 Old 07-21-2014, 08:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattopotamus View Post
Ditto. I was so, so close to falling asleep in this movie. I don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't seen it but let's just say I lost all interest about 30 minutes in.
Marc Wielage likes this.
post #20 of 69 Old 07-21-2014, 09:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Gee, where's all the love for Godzi?

Bests, ~ Robert § (Bob)

post #21 of 69 Old 07-21-2014, 09:47 PM
Bass Enabler

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 478 Post(s)
Liked: 812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyb09 View Post
Ditto. I was so, so close to falling asleep in this movie. I don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't seen it but let's just say I lost all interest about 30 minutes in.
And all these people should go continue watching Breaking Bad or Malcolm in the Middle if all they want to do is watch the Cranston.

I came to see Godzilla for mf'ing Godzilla. And I got mf'ing Godzilla.

post #22 of 69 Old 07-21-2014, 11:54 PM
CIH USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post
And all these people should go continue watching Breaking Bad or Malcolm in the Middle if all they want to do is watch the Cranston.

Exactly I ain't seeing it for nothing else but Godzilla
post #23 of 69 Old 07-22-2014, 12:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 20
It was better than the pregnant Godzill-Iguana movie and that's about as positive a review as I can give it. It should have been billed as Godzilla vs whoever instead of just Godzilla, which alludes to the origin of the big guy. I'm still gonna buy it too as I'd like to see/hear it in my theater.
post #24 of 69 Old 07-22-2014, 12:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I saw this at the theater and I thought it was pretty entertaining. Not the best movie I saw this year - Captain America and the X-men movies were better in my opinion, but I will definitely be buying this for future viewings.
post #25 of 69 Old 07-22-2014, 02:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthSky View Post
Gee, where's all the love for Godzi?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post

You need to actually have Godzilla in the movie to enjoy it. If the whole movie was like the last 15, I would have enjoyed it.

I really wanted to love it, but there is just too much emotionless acting with a sub-par plot.
post #26 of 69 Old 07-22-2014, 03:42 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Wait! What! He's got arms now and a linebacker's neck?

What's next? Opposable thumbs?
post #27 of 69 Old 07-22-2014, 04:56 AM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 439
Blind buy. Looking forward to checking it out as I could never get the GF to go see it with me.
Ralph Potts likes this.

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
post #28 of 69 Old 07-22-2014, 05:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 58
We wants it!

I'll definitely be ordering the 3D/2D blu-ray package...

oz
post #29 of 69 Old 07-22-2014, 05:38 AM

Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 118
There's always the chance the sequel will bring back Godzooky...

Ralph Potts and ControlZ like this.
post #30 of 69 Old 07-22-2014, 06:12 AM
CIH USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
Blind buy. Looking forward to checking it out as I could never get the GF to go see it with me.
Lol my wife didn't care for it either. So I'm in the same boat as yourself
Toe likes this.

Frank

Reply Official AVS Blu-ray Disc Reviews

Tags
frontpage

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page