AVS Forum banner

X-Men: Days of Future Past coming to Blu-ray in October!

Tags
frontpage
3K views 25 replies 22 participants last post by  thehun 
#1 ·

Grossing nearly $740 Million worldwide to date, the most anticipated X-Men Comic adaptation releases on Digital HD September 23rd,

3D Blu-ray, Blu-ray and DVD October 14th

X-Men: Days of Future Past

LOS ANGELES, Calif. (July 23, 2014) – X-Men Unite! The only way to save the future is to go into the past. Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment takes you back in time to stop the end of the world with X-MEN: Days of Future Past on 3D Blu-ray™, Blu-ray™ and DVD on October 14 and Digital HD September 23rd. Featuring a massive collaboration of legendary actors and the return of director Bryan Singer.

A heroic all-star cast including Hugh Jackman, Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy and Jennifer Lawrence forms the ultimate X-Men ensemble as the unstoppable characters from the original X-Men trilogy must join forces with their younger selves in an epic battle to change the past and save the future.

The X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST Blu-ray and DVD brings nearly an hour of never-before-seen special features that will take you even further into the making of this epic adventure. From the background story and creation of the building of the Sentinels program, to a gag reel of cast member’s “finest” mutant moments, the Blu-ray is a must-have for any true fan and new fans of the franchise.

X-Men: Days of Future Past Special Features:
  • Deleted Scenes with Optional Audio Commentary by Bryan Singer
  • Gag Reel
  • Kitchen Sequence
  • Classification: M
  • X-Men: Reunited
  • Double Take: Xavier & Magneto
  • Sentinels: For A Secure Future
  • Gallery: Trask Industries
  • Second Screen App
  • Theatrical Trailers

X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST 3D BLU-RAY:

Street Date: October 14, 2014

Prebook Date: September 10, 2014

Screen Format: Widescreen 16:9 (2.40:1)

Audio: English DTS-HD MA 7.1, English Descriptive Audio 5.1,

Spanish Dolby Digital 5.1, French Dolby Digital 5.1

Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish

Total Film Run Time: 131 minutes

U.S. Rating: PG-13

Closed Captioned: Yes

X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST BLU-RAY:

Audio: English DTS-HD MA 7.1, English Descriptive Audio 5.1,

Spanish Dolby Digital 5.1, French Dolby Digital 5.1

X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST DVD:

Audio: English Dolby Digital 5.1, English Descriptive Audio 5.1,

Spanish Surround, Dolby Digital 2.0, French Surround Dolby Digital 2.0

See less See more
1 3
#5 ·
I really liked how this movie made me rethink what I thought I knew about the series/franchise. Some really (too) over the top ideas and others that really tied it all together.

#9 · (Edited)
Since I pretty much don't go out to theaters anymore, I am an avid Blue Ray fan. I'm looking forward to adding this one to my collection. Should be a lot of fun and hope this is as much as First Class was to watch. I'll be looking out for the 2D/regular version as I don't have true stereoscopic vision thus 3D is never a want or issue.

#13 ·
I wonder what Atmos's release into the home will do to disc sales in the near term?

Personally I kind of want to hold back buying this or any other pending new releases until that gets sorted out. I have five copies of Terminator 2. I don't need multiple copies of Days of Future Past, The Winter Soldier, Godzilla, and the other films not yet out on disc. At least not until they are released in hologram format.

#16 ·
I think in the end First Class is a better movie, but this one still works almost equally as well.

Reactions: Ralph Potts and Toe
#17 ·
I really loved this movie. I think it might be my favorite of the xmen movies so far. It's not as good of a movie as first class (it's basically terminator with xmen) but I so enjoyed seeing the old cast reprising their roles alongside the new actors who do such an amazing job. Most comic book movies are told in black and white, good vs evil-- while there is certainly good vs evil in this film it's told in shades of grey. Michael Fassbender and Jennifer Lawrence put in performances that will really make you question what you would do in their shoes while James McAvoy continues to give Prof X a sorely needed depth and Hugh Jackman puts in his best and most believable performance as wolverine so far.

#26 ·
So far I own everything X-men , except the last Wolverine movie, which I didn't care for. This is a superior movie so it will be added to collection. Yeah Atmos would be nice as I plan to upgrade next year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.