Edge of Tomorrow is coming to 2D/3D Blu-ray! - AVS Forum
1 2  3 
Official AVS Blu-ray Disc Reviews > Edge of Tomorrow is coming to 2D/3D Blu-ray!
Ralph Potts's Avatar Ralph Potts 08:08 AM 08-20-2014

Live. Die. Repeat.

Edge of Tomorrow

explodes onto Blu-ray 3D combo pack, Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD and Digital HD on October 7th from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. The Blu-ray and Digital HD include over 90 minutes of adrenaline-pumping special features!

Burbank, CA, August 13, 2014 – Live, Die, Repeat when “Edge of Tomorrow” arrives onto Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack, Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD and Digital HD on October 7 from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. Directed by Doug Liman (“The Bourne Identity,” “Mr. & Mrs. Smith”), “Edge of Tomorrow” stars Oscar® nominee Tom Cruise (“Born on the Fourth of July,” “Jerry Maguire,” “Magnolia”) and Emily Blunt (“The Devil Wears Prada,” “The Adjustment Bureau”).

Warner Bros. Pictures’ and Village Roadshow Pictures’ sci-fi thriller “Edge of Tomorrow” was directed by Liman from a screenplay by Christopher McQuarrie and Jez Butterworth & John-Henry Butterworth, and based on the novel entitled “All You Need is Kill” by Hiroshi Sakurazaka. “Edge of Tomorrow” is the first motion picture to be shot at Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden.

“Edge of Tomorrow,” was produced by Erwin Stoff, Tom Lassally, Jeffrey Silver, Gregory Jacobs and Jason Hoffs, alongside executive producers Doug Liman, David Bartis, Joby Harold, Hidemi Fukuhara and Bruce Berman, with Tim Lewis and Kim Winther serving as co-producers.

Supporting Cruise and Blunt is an international cast that includes Bill Paxton (“Aliens,” HBO’s “Big Love”), Brendan Gleeson (“Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1”), Noah Taylor (“Lawless”), Kick Gurry (Australian TV’s “Tangle”), Dragomir Mrsic (“Snabba Cash II”), Charlotte Riley (“World Without End”), Jonas Armstrong (BBC TV’s “Robin Hood”), Franz Drameh (“Attack the Block”), Masayoshi Haneda (“Emperor”) and Tony Way (“The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo”).

“Edge of Tomorrow” will be available on Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack for $44.95 and on Blu-ray Combo Pack for $35.99. Both include a digital version of the movie on Digital HD with UltraViolet.* Fans can also own “Edge of Tomorrow” in Digital HD on October 7 via purchase from digital retailers.

SYNOPSIS:

The epic action of “Edge of Tomorrow” unfolds in a near future in which an alien race has hit the Earth in an unrelenting assault, unbeatable by any military unit in the world. Major William Cage (Cruise) is an officer who has never seen a day of combat when he is unceremoniously dropped into what amounts to a suicide mission. Killed within minutes, Cage now finds himself inexplicably thrown into a time loop—forcing him to live out the same brutal combat over and over, fighting and dying again…and again. But with each battle, Cage becomes able to engage the adversaries with increasing skill, alongside Special Forces warrior Rita Vrataski (Blunt). And, as Cage and Rita take the fight to the aliens, each repeated encounter gets them one step closer to defeating the enemy.

BLU-RAY AND DVD ELEMENTS:

“Edge of Tomorrow” Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack and Blu-ray Combo Pack contain the following special features:
  • Operation downfall - Adrenaline cut
  • Storming the beach
  • Weapons of the future
  • Creatures not of this world
  • On the edge with Doug Liman
  • Deleted scenes

“Edge of Tomorrow” Standard Definition DVD contains the following special features:
  • Weapons of the future
  • Creatures not of this world

“Edge of Tomorrow” will be available for streaming and download to watch anywhere in high definition and standard definition on their favorite devices from select digital retailers including Amazon, CinemaNow, Flixster, iTunes, PlayStation, Target Ticket, Vudu, Xbox and others. Starting October 7, “Edge of Tomorrow” will also be available digitally on Video On Demand services from cable and satellite providers, and on select gaming consoles.

ABOUT DIGITAL HD WITH ULTRAVIOLET *Digital HD with UltraViolet allows fans to watch a digital version of their movie or TV show anywhere, on their favorite devices. Digital HD with UltraViolet is included with the purchase of specially marked Blu-ray discs. Digital HD with UltraViolet allows consumers to instantly stream and download movies and TV shows to TVs, computers, tablets and smartphones through UltraViolet retail services like CinemaNow, Flixster, Target Ticket, VUDU and more.

For more information on compatible devices go to wb.com/ultravioletdevices. Consult an UltraViolet Retailer for details and requirements and for a list of HD-compatible devices.

You Tube

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Orbitron's Avatar Orbitron 08:20 AM 08-20-2014
Any chance this will have Dolby Atmos?
Mattopotamus's Avatar Mattopotamus 08:54 AM 08-20-2014
Have this bad boy preordered!
BrolicBeast's Avatar BrolicBeast 08:56 AM 08-20-2014
I hope it comes with Atmos. To prevent redundancy, there's likely an unspoken moratorium on blu ray purchases amongst enthusiasts until Atmos streams are included on blu rays. With an October release, i'd expect this one to include such a stream.
thxman's Avatar thxman 09:13 AM 08-20-2014
BrolicBeast, I agree with you about Atmos. If not, I think I may be renting future BD until the studios finally do.
popalock's Avatar popalock 09:31 AM 08-20-2014
This movie is awesome... Atmos or not.
Cal1981's Avatar Cal1981 09:51 AM 08-20-2014
I saw this one in the movie theater. It's an absolute hoot with great performances by Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt. It has a unique story line, manly sci-fi combat and a lot of very wry humor. Definitely worth a purchase.
Scott Simonian's Avatar Scott Simonian 09:52 AM 08-20-2014
Agreed....But I still want it with Atmos.
tuxedocivic's Avatar tuxedocivic 09:54 AM 08-20-2014
Sounds interesting. Almost worth a blind buy. If it's got a proper bass track I may just do that...
teachsac's Avatar teachsac 09:58 AM 08-20-2014
Can't wait for this one.

S~
wormraper's Avatar wormraper 09:59 AM 08-20-2014
I've got confirmation from WB... no atmos
Scott Simonian's Avatar Scott Simonian 10:03 AM 08-20-2014
What a shocker.

So much for that whole "We're gonna sneak out some Atmos on BD's. You may already have a movie with Atmos on it."
JWhip's Avatar JWhip 10:28 AM 08-20-2014
Saw this in the theater. Much better than I expected. Emily Blunt was excellent,
UGAd13's Avatar UGAd13 11:48 AM 08-20-2014
Meant to catch it in the theaters based on all the great reviews I heard/read. Might just have to blind buy this one.

Really enjoyed the last few TC flicks: Reacher and Oblivion were both great.
BornSlippyZ's Avatar BornSlippyZ 11:50 AM 08-20-2014
Have the 3D version pre-ordered! I haven't seen it yet but everyone has been telling me this movie is a fun ride!
rupedogg24's Avatar rupedogg24 12:01 PM 08-20-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAd13 View Post
Meant to catch it in the theaters based on all the great reviews I heard/read. Might just have to blind buy this one.

Loved Oblivion and was surprised at how good Edge Of Tomorrow was. Can't wait to get it in the home theater. Tom Cruise has his faults, no doubt, but the man can make movies.
rupedogg24's Avatar rupedogg24 12:05 PM 08-20-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post
Have the 3D version pre-ordered! I haven't seen it yet but everyone has been telling me this movie is a fun ride!
You won't be disappointed.
Orbitron's Avatar Orbitron 12:06 PM 08-20-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post
I've got confirmation from WB... no atmos
Definite rental, no double dipping here on out.
tuxedocivic's Avatar tuxedocivic 12:26 PM 08-20-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAd13 View Post

Agreed
jproy13's Avatar jproy13 01:32 PM 08-20-2014
Well, after reading the above 19 posts, it appears that jproy13 will have to pre order this "Edge of Tomorrow" film being spoken of.
Ralph Potts's Avatar Ralph Potts 02:02 PM 08-20-2014
Greetings,

I saw it in the theater as well and really enjoyed it. I am looking forward to viewing it on Blu-ray...

Regards,
morbidcorpse's Avatar morbidcorpse 02:24 PM 08-20-2014
The plot has some glaring holes wide enough to drive an 18-wheeler through. But I still really enjoyed it a lot. Great action, unique storyline (though sometimes poorly executed), decent humor. A must see for anyone remotely interested in sci-fi.
rustester's Avatar rustester 03:48 PM 08-20-2014
Watched in theater. Loved it.
Cal1981's Avatar Cal1981 05:36 PM 08-20-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by rupedogg24 View Post
Loved Oblivion and was surprised at how good Edge Of Tomorrow was. Can't wait to get it in the home theater. Tom Cruise has his faults, no doubt, but the man can make movies.
Completely agree. Some are put off by his beliefs and the mess with his family but you have to give it up to TC. The man picks his material well and makes some wonderfully entertaining films He is expert at playing off strong leading ladies. MI Ghost Protocol was outstanding and I really enjoyed Day/Knight as well.
awblackmon's Avatar awblackmon 07:21 PM 08-20-2014
So this was one of the few films I actually wanted to buy. I rent pretty much all the time. I really do not want to buy a Bluray/DVD/ultra-violet at a combo price. I just want the Blu-ray at a more reasonable price than what they want for the combo pack. My other method of seeing movies in my home theater is to frequent the Pawn Shops or used isle of the video store I rent from. Guess that is how I will have to buy this one. I know, picky picky.
Ishniknork's Avatar Ishniknork 08:17 PM 08-20-2014
Preordered this one last week, it's going to be hard waiting for it to arrive. Especially since it'll be at Redbox before it gets to my house!

I'm another fan of Tom Cruise movies, pretty much like all of them... that and I can't really dislike anyone that owns a P-51 Mustang
tezster's Avatar tezster 08:22 PM 08-20-2014
Highly entertaining film, and Emily Blunt was very easy on the eyes - definitely getting this one upon release
darthray's Avatar darthray 08:25 PM 08-20-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by awblackmon View Post
So this was one of the few films I actually wanted to buy. I rent pretty much all the time. I really do not want to buy a Bluray/DVD/ultra-violet at a combo price. I just want the Blu-ray at a more reasonable price than what they want for the combo pack. My other method of seeing movies in my home theater is to frequent the Pawn Shops or used isle of the video store I rent from. Guess that is how I will have to buy this one. I know, picky picky.
100% with you, to have the option to buy Blu-ray only, even if it only to save a couple buck.
I personaly hate those combo unit, just to make sure I grab the right one.
I also understand some people like those combo, for the purpuse of the minivan for the kids or vacation spot.
But the option should be available for people who watch the movie only at home.

Ray
Franin's Avatar Franin 11:17 PM 08-20-2014
I don't mind tom cruise movies. I will definitely pick this up.
phisch's Avatar phisch 02:37 AM 08-21-2014
I wanted to see this when it was in the theaters, but I never could find the time. I like the premise of the story and the trailers looked good, so this is a blind buy for me. Not a big fan of Tom Cruise, but I thought he did a good job in Oblivion, so I am hopeful with this movie.
Tags: frontpage
1 2  3 

Up
Mobile  Desktop