AVS Forum banner

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3D (Blu-ray) Official AVSForum Review

9K views 77 replies 43 participants last post by  Tom Riddle 
#1 ·

When New York City is in trouble, it’s up to these four ninja-fighting, pizza-loving brothers to save it. Aided by determined reporter April O’Neil (Megan Fox) and their wise master Splinter, these unlikely heroes must face their ultimate nemesis - the evil Shredder.

The Review at a Glance:
(max score: 5 )

Film:

Extras:

Audio/3D Video total rating:
( Max score: 100 )

Details:

Studio and Year: Paramount - 2014
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Feature running time: 101 minutes
Genre: Action/Fantasy

Disc Format: BD-50
Encoding: AVC/MVC
Video Aspect: 2.35:1
Resolution: 1080p/24

Audio Format(s): English Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD 7.1, French/Spanish/Portuguese Dolby Digital 5.1
Subtitles: English SDH, French, Spanish, Portuguese
Starring: Megan Fox, Will Arnett, William Fichtner
Directed by: Jonathan Liebesman
Music by: Brian Tyler
Written by: Josh Applebaum, Andre Nemec, Evan Daugherty
Region Code: A,B,C

Blu-ray Disc release Date: December 16, 2014

"Mysterious. Dangerous. Reptilian. You've never seen heroes like this."

My Take:

The city needs heroes. Darkness has settled over New York City as Shredder and his evil Foot Clan have an iron grip on everything from the police to the politicians. The future is grim until four unlikely outcast brothers rise from the sewers and discover their destiny as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The Turtles must work with fearless reporter April O'Neil (Megan Fox) and her wise-cracking cameraman Vern Fenwick (Will Arnett) to save the city and unravel Shredder's diabolical plan.

Based on the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Characters Created by Peter Laird and Kevin Eastman Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles eschews meaningful storytelling, incorporating an elementary and formulaic narrative that begins with brief introductions before jumping into the diabolical, city threatening plot that must be thwarted by the heroes. It would be easy to beat this one up for its poor character development, paper thing story and lack of effective direction but honestly, why expect more from it than intended?

The truth is that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is really all about the quips, brotherly banter and sword/ninja star action brought on by the four principles. Trying to build a truly tangible storyline and engaging characters around them would probably tarnish their shine. Yeah, the dialogue could have been wittier, the villain more villainous, and the backstory for their fearless reporter not so lame but letting your hair down a little and sifting through the rubbish there is a bit of fun to be had. Some of the action is nicely done and the special effects are well-executed.

I don’t think there was a single line uttered by Vernon (Will Arnett) or worse yet Bernadette (Whoppi Goldberg) that worked but I got a kick out of the interaction between the Turtles and thought that the cast members that voiced them did a decent job. William Fichtner is a great character actor but his talents were largely wasted here. As for Megan Fox, I have never found her to be much of an actress and she failed to offer anything viable here either.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles probably isn’t going to satisfy hungry genre fans seeking a well-rounded action/fantasy. It’s not a terrible movie especially for younger viewers or nostalgic diehards who enjoy seeing these characters brought to life on the big screen. It’s not edgy enough or refreshing enough to allow its shortcomings to be overlooked. I would say that should you decide to give it a try lower your expectations, take the good with the bad and try and enjoy the top notch audio/video presentation (see below).

Parental Guide:

The rating is for sci-fi action and violence.

AUDIO/VIDEO - By The Numbers:
REFERENCE = 92-100/EXCELLENT = 83-91/GOOD = 74-82/AVERAGE = 65-73/BELOW AVERAGE = under 65

**My audio/video ratings are based upon a comparative made against other high definition media/blu-ray disc.**

Audio: 100
(Each rating is worth 4 points with a max of 5 per category)

• Dynamics:
  • Low frequency effects:
  • Surround Sound presentation:
  • Clarity/Detail:
  • Dialogue Reproduction:
  • Low frequency extension * (non-rated element):

3D Presentation: 86

• Depth (Onscreen):
  • Dimension (Beyond the screen):
  • Realism:
  • Clarity/Detail:
  • Color Reproduction:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3D comes to Blu-ray Disc from Paramount Home Entertainment featuring 1080p MVC encoded video and lossless Dolby Atmos sound that includes the 7.1 Dolby TrueHD lossless core that has an average bitrate of 5 Mbps.

This film wasn’t shot natively in 3D but was converted in post-production. The film was shot using a mix of live action and CG and the reproduction of the digital effects and wide angle background elements translates positively here. Depth is appreciable as evidenced by separation of objects and/or people layered in the foreground/background which creates a visual sense of virtual space. High definition dimensionality and apparent resolution is rarely questionable in close ups and brightly lit exterior sequences but it varies some in the low lit environs featured in the film. Comparing white/black levels, color and skin tone reproduction to the 2D presentation I found them to essentially be identical. There is effective use of 3D effects that transcend the boundaries of the screen which where applicable makes for a somewhat involving experience especially during the action based segments. I will say that this added to my enjoyment of the overall presentation which like the 2D version looks terrific on Blu-ray. I didn’t notice any distracting instances of crosstalk or other video related anomalies. The end result is a satisfying but ultimately unremarkable 3D video presentation.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles includes a Dolby Atmos soundtrack which is exciting news for enthusiasts that have already updated their home theaters to incorporate the new Dolby Atmos technology for the home environment. Unfortunately my system has not yet been upgraded for Atmos playback although I do plan on doing so soon (I am planning on upgrading to the Marantz AV8802). For now all I can attest to is the lossless Dolby TrueHD 7.1 channel core which played back flawlessly.

This lossless Dolby TrueHD soundtrack is demonstration quality and features wide dynamic range, superlative clarity and high level detail. Dialogue is definitive and appreciably lucid through the center channel as it is located just slightly in front of the left/right speakers within the acoustic space it occupies in the soundstage. Front and rear channel separation and imaging is excellent. This draws out both large and small sound elements and allows their directional correlation based upon the onscreen events to be definable.

Brian Tyler’s music score, coupled with the integration of discrete and atmospheric surround sound effects, plays an intricate role in this active surround mix. The detection of subtle background sounds, off camera cues and spatial dimension within the room’s acoustic environment is excellent. The atmospheric sounds of the sewer, a crowded subway platform, or open NY City expanse sounds engagingly real. My favorite sequence occurs in chapter 14 during an extended chase sequence involving a tractor trailer and snow covered mountain. The room becomes illuminated with sound effects that traverse the soundstage, panning right to life/left to right as well as sweeping front to back. I have to imagine that this scene will sound terrific with Dolby Atmos’ object based elements.

Low frequency effects are applied authoritatively and underscore the bombastic and aggressive aspects of the presentation with aplomb. Its palpable presence is never in question as it renders refined bass quality that kicks nicely and extends deep enough to engage the room. The film’s final action set piece takes place atop a NY City high rise as the Ninja’s do battle with Schredder. Bass fans will appreciate the pleasingly low and couch shaking frequencies as the buildings spire begins to crumble during the attack. Give the volume an extra turn and have fun with presentation which sounded great on my 9.2 channel system. I eagerly await the opportunity to experience it in Dolby Atmos.

* Keep an eye out for future coverage from AVS on this DOLBY ATMOS soundtrack.*

2D Video Quality:

Video: 94

• Resolution/Clarity:
  • Black Level/Shadow Detail:
  • Color Reproduction:
  • Fleshtones:
  • Compression:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comes to Blu-ray Disc from Paramount Home Entertainment featuring 1080p AVC encoded video that has an average bitrate of 31 Mbps.

This is an excellent and high quality Blu-ray offering from Paramount. The video is razor sharp with a slightly edgy but otherwise pristine quality that is visually engaging. Detail perception is nearly flawless with lucid visual acuity and fine rendering throughout. Colors are lavish and eye popping with oversaturated primaries and warm tonality that make them pleasing. Flesh tones are noticeably on the warm side with primarily fair delineation among the cast. It should be noted that Megan Fox’s face appears noticeably soft which was apparently done in post to obscure blemishes, age lines, acne scars etc. I didn’t notice this with the other members of the cast. Boldly applied contrast and consistent black levels provide excellent balance during bright scenes containing mixed content. Shadow detail is good enough that I could make out plenty of discernible texture in the low lighting and dark backgrounds. The CGI based and green screen photography softens some shots but its effects are innate and fidelity remained unaffected.

Bonus Features:
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles – 3D Blu-ray
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles – 2D Blu-ray
  • (HD) Digital Reality – 18 minute featurette
  • (HD) In your face! The Turtles in 3D (viewable in 3D or 2D) – 4 minute featurette
  • (HD) It Ain’t Easy Being Green – 6 minute featurette
  • (HD) Evolutionary Mash-up – 15 minute documentary
  • (HD) Turtle Rock – 5 minute featurette
  • (HD) Extended Ending
  • (HD)”Shell Shocked” Music Video
  • (HD) Making of “Shell Shocked”
  • Bonus DVD
  • Digital HD Copy

Final Thoughts:

Based on the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Characters Created by Peter Laird and Kevin Eastman Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is an uninspired reimaging that if taken with a grain of salt has something to offer especially for fans of the popular quartet. It comes to Blu-ray from Paramount Home Entertainment is this 3D Blu-ray Combo pack that features excellent high definition video, room shaking lossless surround sound, a solid 3D rendering and a fair supplemental package that looks behind the scenes at the production. Home theater enthusiasts that have been waiting for Dolby Atmos encoded titles to come to Blu-ray can take solace in knowing that the wait is over. Hopefully in the coming year we will see more and more Dolby Atmos releases announced. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is tough to recommend as blind buy however if you’re anxious to see and hear what it has to offer toss it in your rental queue and take it for a ride on Blu-ray.

Ralph Potts
AVS Forum Blu-ray Reviews

Reference Review System:

JVC DLA-RS4910 3D Ready 1080p High Definition Front Projector
(Calibrated with Calman 5 & C6 Meter from Spectracal)
Stewart Filmscreen - Studiotek 130 G3 100” 16x9 Screen
Carada Masquerade Horizontal Masking System
Marantz AV8801 11.2 Channel Audio/Video Processor
Sherbourn Technologies - 7/200 Seven Channel Amplifier
B&K Reference 200.7 Series 2 Seven Channel Amplifier
Oppo BDP-103D Universal Disc/3D capable Blu-ray Player (With Darbee video processing)
Panasonic DMP-BDT310 3D capable Blu-ray Player (HDMI Audio/Video)
Toshiba HD-XA2 HD DVD Player (HDMI Audio/Video)
Sony Playstation 3 Blu-ray disc Player (HDMI Audio/Video)
System Controller: Apple iPad/iRule Pro HD Universal Remote Control
Canton "Ergo" Series speakers
Axiom Audio QS8 Quadpolar speakers
SVS PB-13 Ultra (Rosenut finish)
SVS PC12-NSD
APC AV S15BLK Power Conditioner/Surge Protector
Wireworld, Better Cables (Silver Serpent) - Audio/Video/Speaker Cabling
Cool Components - CP-CP102 cooling package

See less See more
1 21
#2 · (Edited)
"Mysterious. Dangerous. Reptilian. You've never seen heroes like this."
Unless of course you happen to have seen any of the other seven or so films made from this IP :\

It is what it is, like most movies with Michael Bay in the mix, probably best enjoyed with a blood\alcohol rating well into the range where one should stay away from most forms of machinery :D

Granted I haven't seen it but that's probably just a matter of time since I can personally check the nostalgia box for both transformers and TMNT :p

#3 ·
Unless of course you happen to have seen any of the other seven or so films made from this IP :\

It is what it is, like most movies with Michael Bay in the mix, probably best enjoyed with a blood\alcohol rating well into the range where one should stay away from most forms of machinery :p
Greetings,

That quote you pulled is the film's tagline as provided by the studio. In most cases we use it to lead the review but it's not necessarily reflective of our opinion of the film.

Regards,

#5 · (Edited)
Took my boys 8 & 10 to the Cinema to see this, they thoroughly enjoyed it, having not really been experienced to all the gazillion of TMNT prior movies/TV shows that I have.

Me, it was "ok" to watch, I agree with Ralph's 2 stars for adults but for kids I'd give it at least 3.5 of 5 stars, as a rental for family with kids no problem recommending it to others.

Now, based upon the 100 Audio heck I might rent this over Christmas just for some surround and LFE fun.... :D
(gotta make sure Redbox does not strip it down to DD 5.1 first; edit I see the studio is Paramount, should be ok, Lionsgate is the one who strip the audio down to DD 5.1 for rentals)

Audio: 100

• Dynamics:
  • Low frequency effects:
  • Surround Sound presentation:
  • Clarity/Detail:
  • Dialogue Reproduction:
  • Low frequency extension * (non-rated element):

#8 ·
So how does Fox look in 3d is what I want to know.;)

#11 ·
I watched this and didn't find the Turtles themselves to be very likable. Their personalities were too "bro" for me I guess. I found them a lot easier to like in the original TMNT. In the last 20 minutes I changed my mind a little bit but prior to that I didn't care much for them.

#38 ·
I recommend getting an extra large pepperoni pizza and treat yourself.
Your better off to skip the pizza, because of the refined flour, which contributes to obesity, increases cholesterol and,
with time, has a tendency to raise the sugar levels in the blood.

Instead, pop some stovetop popcorn, using virgin organic coconut oil.
Delicious and good for you.

#13 ·
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_2013/

22% on Rotten Tomatoes

Critics Consensus: Neither entertaining enough to recommend nor remarkably awful, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles may bear the distinction of being the dullest movie ever made about talking bipedal reptiles.

Even the audience score was only 55% which is really bad given that it's mostly watched by children and adolescents.

It's great that the audio is 100 so you can hear the terrible dialog, poor plot and lack of character development even more clearly.

#16 ·
Even the Atmos soundtrack couldn't get me to request this one for review. I guess the older I get my ability to stomach bad movies has diminished greatly (and it doesn't help that I've reviewed in excess of 2,000 movies the past 10+ years!). Hopefully more films will be released in Atmos that cater to a more adult audience.

#18 ·
It's not an age thing... the movies are just getting worse... though the original TNMT was pretty bad too. Though I did say "never" when concerning Expendables 3... which due to my Atmos appetite will find it's way into my collection. There are a few good Atmos films in theaters coming out over the course of this upcoming year it looks like.

#17 · (Edited)
The only scene that was great was the elevator scene outside of that well with such a large budget and the time it took to make this movie... it feels like it was done in a week... like it just felt thrown together last minute, none of the story fit well with each other, the actors picked felt like they drew names out of a can instead of finding actors who would have played well to the part... it just was a half assed movie in my opinion... if this is an attempt at a reboot... I want another reboot done by someone who cares... ~_~

Again just my opinion as a fan of the comics and cartoons... up to the 2003 cartoon and the CGI TMNT, things were going well, then Nickelodeon started putting out some half ass cartoon and that live action version was/is horrible too, then you have this movie.. its like the IP took a dive on its face and cant recover ~_~

okay sorry end of rant.... ^^;;

I will still buy this for the fact I want to try out more ATMOS mixes...

Reactions: Aras_Volodka
#19 ·
As I mentioned, I liked it and it was pretty much 100 minutes of fanboi service (granted Megan Fox should have dyed her hair red for bonus points)
I particularly find this section of the review to be spot on.

Based on the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Characters Created by Peter Laird and Kevin Eastman Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles eschews meaningful storytelling, incorporating an elementary and formulaic narrative that begins with brief introductions before jumping into the diabolical, city threatening plot that must be thwarted by the heroes. It would be easy to beat this one up for its poor character development, paper thing story and lack of effective direction but honestly, why expect more from it than intended?

The truth is that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is really all about the quips, brotherly banter and sword/ninja star action brought on by the four principles. Trying to build a truly tangible storyline and engaging characters around them would probably tarnish their shine. Yeah, the dialogue could have been wittier, the villain more villainous, and the backstory for their fearless reporter not so lame but letting your hair down a little and sifting through the rubbish there is a bit of fun to be had. Some of the action is nicely done and the special effects are well-executed.

I don’t think there was a single line uttered by Vernon (Will Arnett) or worse yet Bernadette (Whoppi Goldberg) that worked
Shakespeare or Ibsen this is not, infact the Matrix could be considered Shakespearian in comparison to this movie which is more in league with G.I JOE retaliation or Highlander 3 etc.
In short, the movie is BAAD, but well made drivel, and for me it ticks just the right amount of check boxes I guess.

#20 ·
My adult side says, "stay away!" The kid side say, "talking turtles....Sounds like a winner!" Seriously though, I've always found Michael Bay films, regardless of how terrible, to be quite entertaining. Plus, there is some nostalgia involved. You can count me in as soon as there is a price break on this one.

Reactions: Dark Matter
#23 ·
There aren't enough words in the English language to accurately describe how awful this movie is. It's mind numbingly terrible from start to finish, from the grotesque redesign of the characters, to the terrible plot and dialogue, this movie SUCKS!!! They basically made Shredder a Transformer, which makes ZERO sense. He even makes the same robot noises in fight scenes. Two hours of my life I can't get back. Dont waste your time.

#28 · (Edited)
For all of it's gloss and budget, I don't think there was a single scene in the 2014 version that even came close to a scene like the one below.

Better characterization, more "real", better composition (sorry, couldn't find it in widescreen, which cramps it a bit), and far more bad ass. ;-)

#29 ·
For all of it's gloss and budget, I don't think there was a single scene in the 2014 version that even came close to a scene like the one below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTkA6MXdV2M

Better characterization, more "real", better composition (sorry, couldn't find it in widescreen, which cramps it a bit), and far more bad ass. ;-)
A classic scene for life. Does anyone else notice Marlo Stansfield from "The Wire" @ 2:01?

#31 · (Edited)
i had too high of expectations going into this one...

before i rip it apart, i actually thought the story and plot were pretty good for TMNT movie.

*i don't believe anything here is a spoiler, i don't discuss the plot at all. but if you don't want to hear me rip into the characters, don't read on...*

megan fox: should not be allowed to talk. if you want her for eye candy that's one thing, but as soon as you give her lines, it's like watching an actor from a b-movie. you know, you never really appreciate good acting until you see bad acting, and she makes me appreciate good acting.

the turtles: ok, admittedly i'm a fan of the movies from the 90's, and the special effects from those movies were amazing. so just the fact they went from 'costumes' to CGI, i was probably going to complain either way. but i knew that going in, and i was prepared to accept it. what i wasn't expecting was the insane degree to which they made each turtle a stereotype. i mean, we all knew who the leader was, and who the nerd was, or the surfer dude, and even the troubled badass. exaggerating those character traits to the degree they did was just annoying! i used to be a big donatello fan, i HATED him in this movie. mike was always pretty funny, i HATED him in this movie. fortunately it's hard to exaggerate being a leader or loaner, so the raf and leo characters were still manageable.

i dunno, maybe they were trying to appeal to a much younger audience. the 90's movies were definitely more of a 'teenager' movie, so maybe that's why i enjoyed them more. this might have been aimed more at 8yr olds for all i know.

splinter: was just nasty, i almost wanted him to die so i didn't have to look at him anymore...

and shredder, well shredder just screamed 'michael bay' to me...

Reactions: morbidcorpse
#32 ·
I am as certain as I can be (meaning not much at all)

That this conversation took place between Michael Bay and some one in Design\costumes etc.

M.B:
"Shiny, I like it, now give him guns !"
Other guy:
"But he's a ninja master, he doesnt use guns"
M.B, Attempts to think for a minute.
"Ok give him at a least bunch of knives and swords then"
O.G
"Ok, how about this?"
M.B
"No no, MOARR KNIVES !"
O.G
"Ok.."
M.B
"No no, MOARR KNIVES, MOARR KNIVES ! And make him shoot the knives !"

#34 ·
Great review!!!

Looking forward to this one this week. As always with Michael Bay movies/adaptions..check your brain on the way in..its a movie about mutated turtles who know karate..don't expect Godfather 2 here. Should be very nostalgic as I remember coming out of the theaters after the original with my bandanna on.

Ralph - looking forward to a Planet of the Apes review...can we expect that as well?

#44 · (Edited)
Just got done with the 2d version and WOW, what a fantastic HT ride! This is perfect Friday night mindless HT thrill ride entertainment! The last two major action sections were a BLAST with POUNDING LFE, great sound in general and excellent PQ. I even sat through all of the credits as the music playing was also just POUNDING and sounded so incredible! :cool: FUN HT ride though and will look for the 3d disc on the cheap to pick up and check out.

the sceene down the hill had some incredible bass.

Yeah, there was one bass sweep in particular that was literally breath taking in this scene! :eek: This whole section and the building scene at the end as Ralph mentions were both fantastic and FUN audio! :cool: It also helped that the film was relatively short for a MB film as there was not a dull moment to be found......just a great action romp!

#36 ·
Another great review Ralph but I am going to pass because I was never a fan of the Mutant Ninja Turtles. I will rent it though or stream it which ever comes first! lol. One last thing I want to mention though and that is I hate when compnaies do the post production 3D thing because I feel that it dont always work out very well. That hasnt helped 3D one bit. But thats just my opinion.

#41 ·
Got this 3D over the weekend, thanks to my 2 boys' (19 & 6) persuasion, and so plan to watch it soon enough. Mind you, my 19-yr-old did warn me it is cool for HIS generation's worth of TMNT exposure, which I personally never really delved into to begin with, but which HE grew very fond of. I will go into it with a VERY open mind, looking forward to fully enjoying the 3D and the (now downmixed :rolleyes: ) 7.1 audio, and of course spending quality time with my 6-yr-old as well. :cool:

I DO plan to have some red wine along with it (have a bottle of Argentinean Malbec just waiting to be opened ;) ), thanks for the recommend TorTorden! :D

For what it's worth, I'm (mostly :p ) OK with Michael Bay... ;)

#42 ·
I do find coolcat's suggestion a bit, odd, although he is probably right.

But as for things that are "potentially bad for me" I would have thought one would rather start off with either the near pound of salted potato chips (with enough sodium to kill off medium sized mammals), or the 3 liters of 12% cabernet (ca 0.7 gallons according to google) I bought with the movie, of which still have at least half left:p
Or even the cheese on the pizza, rather than the flour in the dough, of which I only use sifted fine ground wheat.

Here in rural Norway, you can either get a piece of frozen cardboard with some ketchup on it, order one delivered that just barely tastes better than the frozen cardboard and costs as much as the movie itself would in 3d, and a cheap bd player...

In short, I choose to bake my own pizza, costs not much more than the frozen cardboard version, but is twice the size and tastes a million times better than the expensive pizza place (they murder the dough with sodium)

#47 ·
Just got done with the 2d version and WOW, what a fantastic HT ride! This is perfect Friday night mindless HT thrill ride entertainment! The last two major action sections were a BLAST with POUNDING LFE, great sound in general and excellent PQ. I even sat through all of the credits as the music playing was also just POUNDING and sounded so incredible! :cool: FUN HT ride though and will look for the 3d disc on the cheap to pick up and check out.

Yeah, there was one bass sweep in particular that was literally breath taking in this scene! :eek: This whole section and the building scene at the end as Ralph mentions were both fantastic and FUN audio! :cool: It also helped that the film was relatively short for a MB film as there was not a dull moment to be found......just a great action romp!
Hi Ralph:)

I just read the review (out loud to my wife who couldn't agree more with you) after watching and wish I had read first! My brain was still in my head instead of checked at the door :rolleyes: Now having said that here is indeed a case that is very rare for me , the A/V was indeed enough along with the short run time to more than get me through:eek: it was a mindless guilty pleasure, the visuals had plenty of punch and inky blacks, the soundtrack was just blistering but in a very good way and rewarded the room ,myself and wife with a visceral experience, it was a blast ;)
Greetings,

Thanks for posting your impressions guys. I am indeed pleased to hear that we all had a shared experience.. :cool:

Happy Holidays! :)

Regards,

#46 ·
Hi Ralph:)

I just read the review (out loud to my wife who couldn't agree more with you) after watching and wish I had read first! My brain was still in my head instead of checked at the door :rolleyes: Now having said that here is indeed a case that is very rare for me , the A/V was indeed enough along with the short run time to more than get me through:eek: it was a mindless guilty pleasure, the visuals had plenty of punch and inky blacks, the soundtrack was just blistering but in a very good way and rewarded the room ,myself and wife with a visceral experience, it was a blast ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.