3 Days to Kill (Blu-ray) Official AVSForum Review - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
 7Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #31 of 38 Old 07-18-2014, 10:17 PM
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Australie occidentale
Posts: 20,578
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1903 Post(s)
Liked: 1112
Watched this last night, I actually enjoyed it. Some scenes had amazing LFE.
Franin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 38 Old 07-19-2014, 12:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
NorthSky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 16,216
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6642 Post(s)
Liked: 3250
You noticed (felt) that too Frank. ...Indeed, polished LFE, and picture.

~ Bob
"And it stoned me to my soul"
- Van Morrison
NorthSky is offline  
post #33 of 38 Old 07-19-2014, 02:46 AM
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Australie occidentale
Posts: 20,578
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1903 Post(s)
Liked: 1112
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthSky View Post
You noticed (felt) that too Frank. ...Indeed, polished LFE, and picture.
I did! it was very good. The movie itself I actually enjoyed. I don't mind Kevin Costner.
Ralph Potts likes this.
Franin is offline  
post #34 of 38 Old 09-13-2014, 04:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sergiohm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,263
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Ralph interesting review but to give it a 96 on Video is not consistent, I thought the video presentation very bad at times, see discussion at 3 Days to Kill (2014) - VERY Bad release. Artifacts and banding.
sergiohm is offline  
post #35 of 38 Old 09-14-2014, 07:07 AM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer
 
Ralph Potts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Middletown NY
Posts: 11,441
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 822 Post(s)
Liked: 2329
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergiohm View Post
Ralph interesting review but to give it a 96 on Video is not consistent, I thought the video presentation very bad at times, see discussion at 3 Days to Kill (2014) - VERY Bad release. Artifacts and banding.
Greetings,

Thanks for your post sergiohm. Unfortunately I can only comment on what I observed and I didn't have any such issues or inconsistencies during my evaluation. Judging by the responses in this thread and the thread you referenced not everyone shared your experience. Sorry about that..


Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum
My Home Theater
My DVD/HD DVD/Blu-ray Collection
Ralph Potts is offline  
post #36 of 38 Old 12-11-2014, 05:44 PM
Advanced Member
 
ozar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 678
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Okay, Ralph... I finally got around to watching 3 Days to Kill, and saw it pretty much the same as you did.

The story itself was not very good, but the audio and video were great, and there was all kinds of thumping/rumbling bass going on throughout the film, and wow... all those gunshots sounded of some heavy percussion. I'm a big fan of several main cast members, but unfortunately, the script seemed rather poor, and the story certainly had a few holes in it. Overall, I guess the actors did okay, considering what they were given to work with.

oz
ozar is offline  
post #37 of 38 Old 12-11-2014, 10:22 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
NorthSky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 16,216
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6642 Post(s)
Liked: 3250
Regarding the sound on that one: It was often 'echoish', the dialog and all. ...Not realistic at all. ...Poorly implemented.
...With a lot of reverb type of close-in mic recording. ...Over emphasized, like if actors were inside a telephone boot.

For me, that was the most distracting aspect of this Blu-ray; technically speaking.

* Very rare the Blu-rays in my collection that have that type of inferior sound quality with that distinctive "echoish" sound character.
I watched that flick @ least 3-4 times, so I know exactly what I'm saying.

Picture? I'm no expert, but it looks polished, clean, almost sterile.

Storyline? Entertaining; it's a movie for that, and for that I was fine with. ...'The November Man' it ain't.

~ Bob
"And it stoned me to my soul"
- Van Morrison
NorthSky is offline  
post #38 of 38 Old 12-14-2014, 11:32 PM
Member
 
Saar1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Norway
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthSky View Post
Regarding the sound on that one: It was often 'echoish', the dialog and all. ...Not realistic at all. ...Poorly implemented.
...With a lot of reverb type of close-in mic recording. ...Over emphasized, like if actors were inside a telephone boot.

For me, that was the most distracting aspect of this Blu-ray; technically speaking.

* Very rare the Blu-rays in my collection that have that type of inferior sound quality with that distinctive "echoish" sound character.
I watched that flick @ least 3-4 times, so I know exactly what I'm saying.

Picture? I'm no expert, but it looks polished, clean, almost sterile.

Storyline? Entertaining; it's a movie for that, and for that I was fine with. ...'The November Man' it ain't.
totally agree here. bad audio on this movie
Saar1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Official AVS Forum Blu-ray Disc Reviews

taboola here


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off