Wow, thanks for the quick repluies! I examined both websites and cross references everything with each other. One thing I need to think about is I need to limit my buying to movies I can see myself or my kids wanting to watch over and over (not every week or month, but once in a while), otherwise it is not a good investment for me.
I also forgot to mention I'm a bigtime Disney Animation and Disneyland Collector/Afficianado including a significant focus on POTC. With that being said here's my short list. Want I need is scene recommendations:
1. Ratatouille - As far as video/audio score, I'd go with this over cars simply because I thought this was a bit more entertaining a slightly more visually diverse film. It gets top marks everyone I look. Which scenes to show off?
2. Nightmare Before Christmas - This is simply a landmark animation film that would be a must have for any animation enthusiast like myself and the kids love this movie so it's definitely a keeper that you want to bring out at least once a year during the Halloween to Xmas period.
3. Blade Runner - This and Blackhawk Down seem to be the consensus favorites amongst most sites and forum participants as the overall current best demo disc as far as live action movies go. I'm 40 years old and Blade Runner has a special spot in my memories when I was young. I like the story much better than BHD as I'm not a big war/military movie enthusiast and much more of a sci-fi guy (I do appreciate Apocalypse now
I can see this holding a permanent spot on the shelf. Which scenes to show off?
4. Iron Man - I split between rent or buy as I haven't seen the movie yet. Question is, does it have more impressive demo scenes than Blade Runner??
5. Pirates of The Caribbean - You should see my office. It looks like the Disneyland Gallery is having a POTC collectors event. All three movies are a must-have for me being a bigtime POTC collector. Plus the kids LOVE these movies and will watch POTC over and over. Which scenes to show off?
Honorable mention I might buy if price is cheap:
2001 - Sort of like Blade Runner. A very nostalgic movie for me, but I am completely blown away how such an old movie could be rates so highly? Which scenes to show off?
Narnia - This is another borderline rent/buy decision. We've seen it in the theaters. This strikes me as a great demo movie with kids in the room along with Ratatouille as the visuals are so rich and diverse. But maybe the POTC discs serve just as well as a kid-friendly live action demo disc(s)? Which scenes to show off?
Elton John 60th - I'm a big video concert fan. This in fact is primarily the SD discs I've bought for my permanent collection as they are excellent for playing at parties instead of just music.
I Am Legend, I-Robot, Orphanage, Cloverfield - I'm considering these but I think I will definitely rent before I buy.
Planet Earth - We rented and watched the series with the kids. They may be worthing of being in a permanent collection due to their educational value. Any recommendations on which episodes/scenes have best demo potential as this would be a cool/unusual disc to demo for people.