I sent the following info to VideoSales@entonegroup.com
. Thought forum readers would like to know about it as well.
I received my copy of the Blu-ray release of Rookie Blue, from Amazon.com, and over the weekend did a viewing marathon of all the episodes, and the special features.
Unfortunately the release contains programming and production errors. It is as if no one bothered to test the discs before duplication was started.
Discs 1 and 3 are fine. Here is a list of the issues:
1) Episode 5 - Pop-up menu is not there/not available. It is for all 12 of the other episodes on the discs.
1) Featurette aspect ratio is wrong. It appears as though the 16:9 video was shrunk vertically to around 2.35:1 and then letterboxed for 16:9. It really looks bad.
2) After doing a "Play All" of the Stryker report pieces, instead of returning to the Special Features menu, episode 13 is played. I do not know what happens when each of the reports are played separately.
3) Trailer #1 has the same wrong aspect ratio issue as #1 above.
4) After Trailer #1 plays, it returns to episode 13 at the point where I used the pop-up menu to return to the special features.
5) After Trailer #2 plays, it returns to episode 13 at the point where I used the pop-up menu in #4 to return to the special features.