AVS Forum Blu-ray Disc Reviews - General Discussion Thread - Page 19 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 25Likes

post #541 of 542 Old 08-16-2017, 10:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Subtitles still ancient

The new 4k movies are great with video and audio, however for those of us that depend on subtitles why can't studios make them smaller? Folks like myself that have to use them are not blind, just bad hearing and size is so much larger than needed. Streaming services offer different sizes, Blu-ray your stuck with giant subtitles that cover so much of the video it defeats the 4k upgrade, at least for us that have to be subtitle dependent. Wish Mr. Ralph could ad this in his reviews to reflect this, would only need to use maybe one chapter just to show the outrages size. Probably won't happen, but if more hearing impaired folks would chime in maybe someday this will change, (not holding my breath.. LOL).

Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 542 Old 08-16-2017, 11:44 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I just read that the Guardians of the Galaxy 2 UHD release has a 2k DI? I realize that it's not everything but before it was shipping out, I keep hearing this was going to be one of the first true 4K movies (recorded now that is).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Official AVS Forum® Blu-ray Disc Reviews

Tags
Blu Ray Movies , Pinocchio Se 2 Blu Ray Dvd , Australia Blu Ray , Cadillac Records Blu Ray , French Connection 2 Blu Ray , The Passion Of The Christ Definitive Edition Blu Ray , Raging Bull Blu Ray , Donnie Darko 10th Anniversary Edition Blu Ray , Futurama Volume 5 Blu Ray , Futurama Volume 7 Blu Ray , Futurama Volume 6 Blu Ray

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page