AVS Forum banner
226K views 2K replies 216 participants last post by  Philnick 
#1 · (Edited)
Greetings,

This thread is designed to keep the membership informed about which titles I have in hand for review. I will continually updated the thread with the jacket pics that arrive each week. You can find the latest information by going to the last page in the thread.

Those looking for a listing of all of our Blu-ray reviews can do so by visiting the AVSForum Blu-ray Disc Review Database.

Regards,

#6 ·
Thanks for the updates. I'm also looking forward to Life of Pi 3D and Django! Those, along with Zero Dark Thirty would be blind buys for me. (Although I now refer to them as "Ralph buys."

#8 ·
Thank you for having a thread showing the movies on "deck", Ralph! This is the first time I've come across this thread and I'm glad that I have. Often times, I've gotten excited for a release and have constantly checked AVS for your review only to not see it up, which then makes me wonder if you will even review the film or not. This "on deck" thread will put my mind at ease on a lot of them...and potentially break my heart on others
. Thanks again!

#9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh's HT  /t/1459701/blu-ray-reviews-that-are-on-deck/0_20#post_23048658

Thank you for having a thread showing the movies on "deck", Ralph! This is the first time I've come across this thread and I'm glad that I have. Often times, I've gotten excited for a release and have constantly checked AVS for your review only to not see it up, which then makes me wonder if you will even review the film or not. This "on deck" thread will put my mind at ease on a lot of them...and potentially break my heart on others
. Thanks again!

Greetings,

Sure thing Josh. Thanks for the support..

Regards,

#10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminal33  /t/1459701/blu-ray-reviews-that-are-on-deck/0_20#post_23048124

Thanks for the updates. I'm also looking forward to Life of Pi 3D and Django! Those, along with Zero Dark Thirty would be blind buys for me. (Although I now refer to them as "Ralph buys."

Greetings,

I expect to receive Life of Pi 3D. Fox generally sends out review product closer to street date so I expect to see it early next week. I will post back when it arrives.

Thanks for the support!

Regards,

#16 ·
Hello Ralph,

Is there any way for you to update the thread so that it shows the near future reviews up on top, rather than having to scroll down to see what's on deck? I'm sure if this was an option, you'd have already thought of it, and if you had, then you decided to do it this way for a reason - I'm sure it's easier to keep track of people's replies to your posts when it all goes in calander order, but I can see this being a potential concern a few months down the road, having to scroll to page "X" in order to find what's next on deck. Just a thought...not that I'm too lazy to thumb to the last page and see what's been posted

#17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh's HT  /t/1459701/blu-ray-reviews-that-are-on-deck/0_20#post_23068469

Hello Ralph,

Is there any way for you to update the thread so that it shows the near future reviews up on top, rather than having to scroll down to see what's on deck? I'm sure if this was an option, you'd have already thought of it, and if you had, then you decided to do it this way for a reason - I'm sure it's easier to keep track of people's replies to your posts when it all goes in calander order, but I can see this being a potential concern a few months down the road, having to scroll to page "X" in order to find what's next on deck. Just a thought...not that I'm too lazy to thumb to the last page and see what's been posted

Greetings,

Good point Josh. Perhaps what I will do is simply edit the original post adding new items there to replace those that have posted. That will maintain the comments/posts below while keeping everything at the top.

Regards,

#23 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin  /t/1459701/blu-ray-reviews-that-are-on-deck/20_20#post_23205233

Hey Ralph when are you reviewing django unchained? That should be out soon.

Greetings,

Frank, for whatever reason this title wasn't largely forwarded to online press. It streets tomorrow and I haven't received any word to expect it for review. I saw it in the theater and really liked it so I will pick up a copy on my own.

Regards,

#24 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Potts  /t/1459701/blu-ray-reviews-that-are-on-deck#post_23205313

Greetings,

Frank, for whatever reason this title wasn't largely forwarded to online press. It streets tomorrow and I haven't received any word to expect it for review. I saw it in the theater and really liked it so I will pick up a copy on my own.

Regards,

Well I'm interested to read your review Ralph, my copy hopefully should arrive this week.