Gravity 3D (Blu-ray) Official AVSForum Review - Page 8 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
Old 07-28-2016, 05:02 AM
AVS Special Member
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 527 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Reviving an old thread, but with a brand-new RS400 setup, with Atmos, I'm starting to collect Blu Rays to enjoy it!

Anyway, from what I've been reading, it appears that:

1. The Diamond Luxe edition is the only one that contains the Atmos track, and that is 2D only. No 3D disc is provided in this edition.

2. The 'Regular' 3D edition contains both the 3D and 2D Blu Ray versions, but neither of these has the Atmos track.

So, not only can I not get Atmos and 3D on the same Disc, which is a crime in and of itself, I would have to get both the Diamond Luxe ($80 on Amazon), and the Regular 3D version ($30 on Amazon) to be able to hear/see both the 3D and have Atmos in 2D only? $110? I don't think so.

Am I missing something? This is ridiculous!
astrofool likes this.

JVC RS400, Marantz SR7010, Screen Innovations 160" 2.35:1 Screen
Front L/R: Duntech Sovereigns, each powered by a bridged Adcom GFA-555; Center JBL LSR-308
Dolby Bed (4): Wharfedale Diamond II's, Atmos (4): Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 SE
Subwoofer: DIY 8' sub with 4 18" SI Drivers, powered by iNuke 6000
DLC Photography
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

Gravity Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Ultraviolet Combo Pack