97Likes

post #1 of 81 Old 09-13-2017, 10:27 AM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1108 Post(s)
Liked: 3532
Wonder Woman Ultra HD Review

When a pilot crashes and tells of conflict in the outside world, Diana, an Amazonian warrior in training, leaves home to fight a war, discovering her full powers and true destiny.

The Review at a Glance:
(max score: 5 )

Film:

Extras:

Audio/UHD Video total rating:
( Max score: 100 )

Details:

Studio and Year: Warner - 2017
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Feature running time: 141 minutes
Genre: Action/Fantasy

Disc Format: BD-66
Encoding: HEVC @ 4000 NITS
Video Aspect: 2.40:1
Resolution: 2160p/24

Audio Format(s): English Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD 7.1, French/Spanish Dolby Digital 5.1
Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish, French
Starring: Gal Gidot, Chris Pine, Robin Wright, Danny Huston, David Thewlis, Connie Nielsen, Elena Anaya
Directed by: Patty Jenkins
Music by: Rupert Gregon-Williams
Written by: Allan Heinberg
Region Code: A

Release Date: September 19, 2017

"Power. Grace. Wisdom. Wonder…"

My Take:

Before she was Wonder Woman, she was Diana, princess of the Amazons, trained to be an unconquerable warrior. Raised on a sheltered island paradise, when an American pilot crashes on their shores and tells of a massive conflict raging in the outside world, Diana leaves her home, convinced she can stop the threat. Fighting alongside man in a war to end all wars, Diana will discover her full powers…and her true destiny.

I can’t say that I’ve ever read a Wonder Woman comic. I was more of a Marvel Comic fan growing up, but I did read DC, and followed some of her exploits in The Justice League. I was of course familiar with the character, and watched the various incarnations that came to television etc. After seeing her introduction in Batman v. Superman I was intrigued, finding this iteration of her character, and her potential within the current DC universe, to be much more interesting.

I took in Wonder Woman on its opening night and absolutely loved it. Gal Gadot owns the role, bringing the character to life with strength, poise, beauty and a charismatic toughness that captures the essence of what you would envision Wonder Woman to be. DC has been behind the curve with their film adaptations based upon comic book characters. They have begun making some headway and Wonder Woman is leading the charge. I thoroughly enjoyed the script, which had the perfect balance of action and story. I also appreciated the interwoven levity, superb chemistry between Gadot/Pine, and host of well-drawn characters that supported the narrative.

The production elements are terrific, adding an air of authenticity that underscored the film’s adventure/action. I could wax poetic all day long, but the short of it is that Wonder Woman is a very entertaining film, even for those that may not necessarily be a fan of the genre. My wife, for example, turned to me after we watched it last night, and said, “that was excellent”. I can’t think of higher praise.

I look forward for what lies in store for Wonder Woman and will be first in line to see The Justice League.

Replay Value:

Parental Guide:

The rating is for sequences of violence and action, and some suggestive content.

AUDIO/VIDEO - By The Numbers:
REFERENCE = 92-100/EXCELLENT = 83-91/GOOD = 74-82/AVERAGE = 65-73/BELOW AVERAGE = under 65

**My audio/video ratings are based upon a comparative made against other high definition media/blu-ray disc.**

UHD Presentation: 96
(Each rating is worth 4 points with a max of 5 per category)

• HDR: Dark Highlights:
  • HDR: Bright Highlights:
  • HDR: Expanded Color:
  • Resolution:
  • Visual Impact:

Dolby Atmos Rating: 94

• Level of immersion:
  • Soundstage integration:
  • Audio object placement:
  • Effectiveness:
  • Entertainment factor:

Ultra HD Blu-ray has finally been released and eager enthusiasts are ready and willing to see what it has to offer. For those not familiar with the details regarding Ultra HD Blu-ray you can refer to my article that includes some pertinent data on the subject. Here is the link:

Ultra HD Blu-ray Has Come to AVS Forum Blu-ray Reviews

Wonder Woman comes to Ultra HD Blu-ray from Warner Brothers Home Entertainment featuring 2160pHEVC encoded video that has an average bitrate of 64 Mbps, and lossless Dolby Atmos/TrueHD 7.1 channel sound that has an average bitrate of 4.3 Mbps

For its presentation in Ultra HD it was rendered from a mix of digital/film sources and finished on a 2K DI. Wonder Woman is a period based film that isn't boldly colorful throughout but this Ultra HD rendering makes the most of its elements. With a discernible increase in detail and emboldened chromatic highlights the image appears noticeably sharper and vibrant when compared to the 1080p version. Primary colors, like the blue dress Diana wears to the Nazi dinner party, or the red/green of Ludendorff’s uniform, are pleasingly rich. Whites/grays appear gradational and punchy, and earth tones are reproduced with stark realism. The sequences that takes place on Paradise Island looks superb. The combination of rich color, sepia, and gradational gray tones literally pop off of the screen.

I think what I enjoyed most about the presentation was the implementation of HDR. This isn’t an overtly bright film, and the added dimension in blacks, and shadows during low level scenes that take place in England is immediately noticeable. The cinematography makes use of shadows, cascading/streaming light and a mix of light/dark elements. It’s application here is used very well drawing upon HDR’s ability to create stark contrast between the two. The use of shadows mixed with light looked very natural, and when applied, brilliant light caused me to blink/squint in reaction to it. The highlights for me are the battle at the war’s front, in chapter seven, and the toe to toe standoff in the finale, which looks absolutely marvelous.

The film has a variety of sequences that make use of close up camera angles that show off the superb rendering of detail. At times, the level of minutia is excellent, as even the finest nuance in the physical features, period clothing and interior sets is resolvable. The exterior shots and CGI featured in the story have superb depth which adds an enriching, and eye-catching aesthetic to them.

The difference between viewing Wonder Woman in high definition and Ultra HD isn't quite night and day but there is no question that it benefitted from the increase in resolution, emboldened color and high dynamic range treatment. I was extremely pleased with this presentation and hope to see more like it.

In listening to the Dolby Atmos surround mix I found it to be of the active variety that makes effective use of the platform. The blend of audio objects placed in the height channels is a mix atmospherics and discrete effects. At times, this creates a tangible level of 3D immersion that coincides with the onscreen events nicely. This primarily adheres to the sequences of action, but mild ambient extension is used to broaden the soundstage, replicating environments etc. There are both large set pieces and smaller/brief sequences/moments, such as Steve’s escape from the Germans, or the sounds of falling bombs off in the distance at the beginning of chapter seven, that show off this well-crafted mix.

Everything comes together during the aforementioned war front and standoff in the finale, as sounds rotate and revolve around the soundstage from both above and at ear level. The music score is mixed over the platform so as to add natural depth to its orchestrated elements. I enjoyed the involving balance of atmosphere, discrete object placement and room energizing bass. I think that it complimented the source material, and made for an entertaining and invigorating listening experience.

Blu-ray Video:

Video: 98

• Resolution/Clarity:
  • Black Level/Shadow Detail:
  • Color Reproduction:
  • Fleshtones:
  • Compression:

Audio: 100
  • Dynamics:
  • Low frequency effects:
  • Surround Sound presentation:
  • Clarity/Detail:
  • Dialog Reproduction:

Wonder Woman comes to Blu-ray Disc from Warner Brothers Home Entertainment featuring 1080p AVC encoded video that has an average bitrate of 23 Mbps and lossless Dolby Atmos/TrueHD 7.1 channel sound that has an average bitrate of 4.3 Mbps.

Having seen Wonder Woman theatrically I found this rendering to faithfully mimic that presentation. The film utilizes a stylized visual design comprised of various elements that represent the differing environs featured in the story. The color range is limited to shades of dark blue, grays and black with splashes of broader colors and muted sepia tones. Warm golden accents are used to break up the monochromatic essence as uneven light and shading are prevalent. Contrast is spot on which empowers whites and grays without washing away detail. Whites are snappy and crisp and grays are multi-staged and layered. Blacks are dynamic and gradational and detail in shadows is just as strong. The large amount of CGI featured in the film softens some of the background elements but, I didn’t find it to be excessive, or distracting, as the quality of the video is high. It isn’t always razor sharp, but it is cleanly rendered with revealing refinement that increases the perception of fine detail.

The Dolby TrueHD 7.1 channel audio (Atmos core) is demonstration quality and is sure to please those who like to play their systems near reference. This recording has wide dynamic range and boasts superlative clarity and high level detail. Dialog is appreciably lucid through the center channel as it penetrates well into the room. Channel separation and imaging is excellent. This draws out both large and small sound elements and allows their directional correlation based upon the onscreen events to be definable. The mix makes effective and often aggressive use of the surround channels to reproduce the spatial and discrete sounds contained in this soundtrack. Where called upon the listening position is submerged in sound that bombards the senses with a combination of discretely placed, near field, and panning sound effects. Low frequency effects are applied with authority and occasionally provide room shuddering bass. This is an involving and noteworthy audio presentation that is guaranteed to give your home theater a workout.

Bonus Features:
  • Disc 1: Wonder Woman Ultra HD Blu-ray
    Disc 2: Wonder Woman Blu-ray
    • Epilogue: Etta’s Mission - Etta Candy gets the boys back together for a secret mission that could impact humanity’s future.
    • Crafting the Wonder - Wonder Woman finally comes to life in her first, breathtaking solo film. Explore the journey to create an adventure worthy of DC’s greatest warrior.
    • A Director’s Vision: Themyscira: The Hidden Island
    • A Director’s Vision: Beach Battle
    • A Director’s Vision: A Photograph Through Time
    • A Director’s Vision: Diana in the Modern World
    • A Director’s Vision: Wonder Woman at War
    o Join director Patty Jenkins as she takes you on an exclusive journey through “Wonder Woman’s” most pivotal and exciting moments
    • Warriors of Wonder Woman - Witness the creation of the Amazon army as the women of “Wonder Woman” transform emotionally and physically into the world’s most powerful and heroic warriors.
    • The Trinity - Filmmakers and comic book creators explore the legend of Wonder Woman and how she stands shoulder to shoulder with Superman and Batman to create the pillars of the DC Universe.
    • The Wonder Behind the Camera - Meet the women behind the wonder as they welcome a group of aspiring filmmakers on set for an exclusive, once-in-a-lifetime experience.
    • Finding the Wonder Woman Within - Feel the power of Wonder Woman as award-winning poets and inspiring public figures reveal the impact and importance of DC’s greatest heroine.
    • Extended Scenes
    • Blooper Reel
  • Digital HD Copy

Final Thoughts:

Wonder Woman is a winner, plain, and simple. I found its rousing blend of action, story and top-notch production elements to make for a thoroughly entertaining movie experience. It comes to Blu-ray from Warner Brothers Home Entertainment in this Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack featuring reference quality Ultra HD video, superb high definition audio/video, a terrific Dolby Atmos sound mix, and a fan friendly supplemental set. For those that enjoy the genre, Wonder Woman is simply a must have. If you’re equipped for Ultra HD Blu-ray and immersive sound, you’re in for a treat.

Ralph Potts
AVS Forum Blu-ray Reviews

Reference Review System:

JVC DLA-RS500 3D/4K Ready High Definition Front Projector
(Calibrated with Calman 5 & C6-HDR Meter from Spectracal)
Stewart Filmscreen - Studiotek 130 G3 100” 16x9 Screen
Carada Masquerade Electronic Horizontal Masking System
Marantz AV8802A 13.2 Channel Audio/Video Processor
Sherbourn Technologies - 7/200 Seven Channel Amplifier
B&K Reference 200.7 Series 2 Seven Channel Amplifier
Oppo UDP-203 Ultra HD Blu-ray Player
Sony Playstation 3 Blu-ray disc Player
System Controller: Apple iPad/iRule Pro HD Universal Remote Control
Canton "Ergo" and Canton In-Ceiling Series Speakers
SVS Ultra Surrounds (Gloss Finish in Bipolar Configuration)
SVS PB-13 Ultra (Rosenut finish)
SVS SB-13 Ultra (Piano Gloss finish)
Panamax M5400-PM Power Conditioner/Surge Protector
Wireworld, Better Cables (Silver Serpent) - Audio/Video/Speaker Cabling
AC Infinity Aircom T8 Component Cooling Systems
gonzalc3, darthray, gbaby and 7 others like this.

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum
My Home Theater
My DVD/HD DVD/Blu-ray Collection
Follow me on Twitter @RalphAVSreviews

Last edited by Ralph Potts; Yesterday at 10:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 81 Old 09-13-2017, 10:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1776 Post(s)
Liked: 1533
I can't save money when you keep posting these reference reviews! The "4" for replay value makes it a no-brainer.
post #3 of 81 Old 09-13-2017, 11:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Liked: 530
There goes more of my money, thanks a lot Ralph for the glowing review. Those scores are exceptional.

Quote:
I look forward for what lies in store for Wonder Woman and will be first in line to see The Justice League.
I hope "The Justice League" performs in the theaters for DC like the Avengers did for Marvel.

Oppo Beta Group

post #4 of 81 Old 09-13-2017, 11:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 685 Post(s)
Liked: 366
Man, I gotta wonder if there was something wrong with where I saw it. It was my second time at a Dolby Cinema and at a different one than the first I visited. Some of the previews looked absolutely stunning (e.g. Blade Runner) but the black levels in Wonder Woman were a murky, nasty grey. And I saw jagged lines aplenty.

Since there's no package that has both the UHD and 3D versions I guess I'll just stick with 3D and get the UHD when I finally get a UHD set-up.
LDizzle likes this.
post #5 of 81 Old 09-13-2017, 11:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 606 Post(s)
Liked: 476
I planned to buy this, based on the strength of the reviews of the theatrical release.

I didn't expect superlatives for the UHD/HDR aspects of the disk. Thanks for that, Ralph.

I'll be highly impressed if it lives up to Ralph's review on my relatively low-end system.
post #6 of 81 Old 09-13-2017, 11:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1821 Post(s)
Liked: 1867
can't wait till next week!

Thanks Ralph
Ralph Potts likes this.
post #7 of 81 Old 09-13-2017, 11:30 AM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by javanpohl View Post
Man, I gotta wonder if there was something wrong with where I saw it. It was my second time at a Dolby Cinema and at a different one than the first I visited. Some of the previews looked absolutely stunning (e.g. Blade Runner) but the black levels in Wonder Woman were a murky, nasty grey. And I saw jagged lines aplenty.

Since there's no package that has both the UHD and 3D versions I guess I'll just stick with 3D and get the UHD when I finally get a UHD set-up.
Greetings,

My review of the 3D version will go up tomorrow.

Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum
My Home Theater
post #8 of 81 Old 09-13-2017, 11:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Quoted: 1401 Post(s)
Liked: 1627
This would have been a DAY 1 BLIND BUY for me based on the BASS alone,

Unfinished Basement Theater & Whisky Guitar Lounge
JVC-DLA X750R | 120" Screen | LG 65" OLED 65B6P| Panasonic DMP-UB900 | HDFury Vertex
Yamaha RX-A3050 + RX-V3900 | Atmos 7.4.4 | Mission M3i Speakers (11) | Funk Audio 18.0
post #9 of 81 Old 09-13-2017, 11:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 1054 Post(s)
Liked: 1528
Quote:
Originally Posted by PioManiac View Post
This would have been a DAY 1 BLIND BUY for me based on the BASS alone,

The LFE on this movie is insanely good
Ralph Potts and mtbdudex like this.

David Vaughn Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer Sound & Vision Magazine (Print & Online)
My Atmos Renovation Part 1 http://www.soundandvision.com/conten...odyssey-part-1
My Atmos Renovation Part 2 http://www.soundandvision.com/conten...odyssey-part-2
post #10 of 81 Old 09-13-2017, 11:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 513 Post(s)
Liked: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Potts View Post
Greetings,

Regards,
Thanks, Ralph!

Can you share your opinion whether you prefer the UHD or 3D version? If not now, then after your 3D review has been posted... I need to know before release day!
Ralph Potts likes this.
post #11 of 81 Old 09-13-2017, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezster View Post
Thanks, Ralph!

Can you share your opinion whether you prefer the UHD or 3D version? If not now, then after your 3D review has been posted... I need to know before release day!
Greetings,

Will do. I am viewing it tonight.
thxman and tezster like this.

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum
My Home Theater
post #12 of 81 Old 09-13-2017, 12:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Quoted: 1401 Post(s)
Liked: 1627
Quote:
Thanks, Ralph!

I skipped the Mummy just so I could Double Dip the 4K/3D on this one
Ralph Potts likes this.

Unfinished Basement Theater & Whisky Guitar Lounge
JVC-DLA X750R | 120" Screen | LG 65" OLED 65B6P| Panasonic DMP-UB900 | HDFury Vertex
Yamaha RX-A3050 + RX-V3900 | Atmos 7.4.4 | Mission M3i Speakers (11) | Funk Audio 18.0
post #13 of 81 Old 09-13-2017, 12:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 771 Post(s)
Liked: 691
Sorry must disagree about the film itself, I was bored to death with the story and those side characters were just annoying. Maybe I just have a superhero movie fatigue, in any case I won't be on the rush to buy this.
Dan Hitchman and Ralph Potts like this.

De sagittis Hungarorum libera nos, Domine!

Ex diversis cogitationibus ex cute color.

The Hun
post #14 of 81 Old 09-13-2017, 12:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 513 Post(s)
Liked: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by PioManiac View Post
I skipped the Mummy just so I could Double Dip the 4K/3D on this one
The French release has both 4K+3D, but I can't wait another month! So I'll get the "preferred" version next week, and wait for a sale down the road if I feel the need to have both.
post #15 of 81 Old 09-13-2017, 12:23 PM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehun View Post
Sorry must disagree about the film itself, I was bored to death with the story and those side characters were just annoying. Maybe I just have a superhero movie fatigue, in any case I won't be on the rush to buy this.
Greetings,

Thanks for chiming in thehun. Sorry this one didn't work for you..

Regards,
thehun likes this.

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum
My Home Theater
post #16 of 81 Old 09-13-2017, 12:36 PM

Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehun View Post
You are not alone. I watched this with my wife and parents last weekend and nobody liked it. I'm not sure why the reviews are so high for it. It's worse than the worst marvel movies. I don't have fatigue for super hero movies but all the recent DC movies have been BAD. This is just the least bad of them.

I did happen to buy this movie on itunes. So hopefully it gets the free 4k upgrade soon. I'll likely try it again with higher fidelity, but I don't see the story getting any better with more pixels .
post #17 of 81 Old 09-13-2017, 12:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 173
I haven't liked any of DC's movies other than the recent Batman movies. I really liked Wonder Woman. It's a great mix of humor and action. My wife absolutely loved the movie.

Day one buy for me to see it in HDR and Atmos. The sound mix in the theater was awesome. I think I can do better at home...
Ralph Potts and Rengozu like this.
post #18 of 81 Old 09-13-2017, 01:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAV View Post
There goes more of my money, thanks a lot Ralph for the glowing review. Those scores are exceptional.

I hope "The Justice League" performs in the theaters for DC like the Avengers did for Marvel.
lol...DC has a long way to go to achieve that level of entertainment...just my thoughts
post #19 of 81 Old 09-13-2017, 01:25 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 45
I wish you were my neighbor.
Dave Vaughn and Ralph Potts like this.
post #20 of 81 Old 09-13-2017, 01:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1821 Post(s)
Liked: 1867
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonAlam View Post
lol...DC has a long way to go to achieve that level of entertainment...just my thoughts
Not really and there doing very well with the recent slew of movies thus far and its only getting better and you can consider me stoked
post #21 of 81 Old 09-13-2017, 01:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Liked: 530
Quote:
Well we come a long way since Republic Studios.
As with Marvel there is a wealth of DC comic content to be produced in a realistically serious manner to portray hero's and villains. Wonder Woman origins helps forms a bedrock for advancing a merging of DC comic character based content. There will differently be a sequel.

Oppo Beta Group
post #22 of 81 Old 09-13-2017, 01:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAV View Post
Well we come a long way since Republic Studios.
As with Marvel there is a wealth of DC comic content to be produced in a realistically serious manner to portray hero's and villains. Wonder Woman origins helps forms a bedrock for advancing a merging of DC comic character based content. There will differently be a sequel.
Not saying DC cant make a good movie, just needs to focus on the story and character development. Dont want another Snyderish film.
post #23 of 81 Old 09-13-2017, 01:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 630 Post(s)
Liked: 656
I am very excited to pick this one up. Thanks for the great review!
Ralph Potts likes this.
post #24 of 81 Old 09-13-2017, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rengozu View Post
I wish you were my neighbor.
Greetings,

My neighbors rarely appreciate me..

Regards,
Mike Butny and Rengozu like this.

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum
My Home Theater
post #25 of 81 Old 09-13-2017, 02:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Liked: 208
Quote:
Not saying DC cant make a good movie, just needs to focus on the story and character development. Dont want another Snyderish film.
Personally, I appreciate the more serious, adult tone of MoS and BvS (Ultimate Cut). The happy-go-lucky, family fare of most of these films don't really draw me in and I've usually forgotten them as soon as I've seen them
post #26 of 81 Old 09-13-2017, 02:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 76
We were able to catch this in a very good theater and both my wife and I really enjoyed it. I think Gal nailed the part. I found the plot very good. Pre-ordered as soon as I got home that night. Looking forward to watching it at home. I liked that it wasn't as dark and depressing as most of the DC comic world. I hope that marks a change. Nice blend of humor and character development.
Ralph Potts likes this.
post #27 of 81 Old 09-13-2017, 02:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Saw it in the theater and loved it. Casting, pace, story all spot on.

As usual great review Ralph.
Ralph Potts likes this.

Revo Ion...XBMC For Windows...Dharma RC2
post #28 of 81 Old 09-13-2017, 02:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
The French release has both 4K+3D, but I can't wait another month! So I'll get the "preferred" version next week, and wait for a sale down the road if I feel the need to have both.
Amazon.fr says it is region B/2. Will the uhd and 3d discs both play on an unmodified US Oppo 203?

Ps they also show a combo for Spider-Man homecoming.

Phil Tomaskovic
post #29 of 81 Old 09-13-2017, 02:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Potts View Post
Greetings,

Regards,
Thank you very much for also reviewing the 3D version as well.
Ralph Potts likes this.
post #30 of 81 Old 09-13-2017, 02:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by film113 View Post
Personally, I appreciate the more serious, adult tone of MoS and BvS (Ultimate Cut). The happy-go-lucky, family fare of most of these films don't really draw me in and I've usually forgotten them as soon as I've seen them
For me, MOS and BvS lost all of the spirit that makes Superman a great American hero that fights for truth, justice and the American way. Superman is supposed to be a Boyscout, carry the American flag, is patriotic and has a red white and blue costume, not burgundy and dark blue. Wonder Woman was a step in the right direction that had the spirit of the Christopher Reeve Supes. Dark works for Batman, but leave it out of Superman. Just my opinion.
dan4081 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Official AVS Forum® Blu-ray Disc Reviews

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page