The CG Family Theater begins! - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 189 Old 06-23-2008, 08:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Doug, the wood for the panels I used are about 3/4" thick. The actual Carada frame is thicker, so the frame extends out past the panels. Here is the Carada Criterion frame dimensions, to give you a better idea as to how much. The "wall" in this picture would be the screen wall framing.

Bud
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 189 Old 06-23-2008, 08:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Still monkeying with the PowelInc setup for scene control. A little different with the Insteon Keypadlinc, but I think I have it figured out now. I wanted to set up a trigger scene using each button on the keypad as separate scenes (the A-D buttons) and use the On button for All Lights On (X10 command) and Off for All lights off (another X10 command). Instead of Defining ON as All Lights On, I used a trigger to turn them on each on one by one and the opposite for Off. For some reason I couldn't get this to work, although the A-D scenes work fine. I read today though you can just define those buttons to do All Lights On locally (no Powerlinc scene trigger to worry about), so we should be good to go. The only problem with this method is that if Chad adds 50 more X10 dimmers in the house, they may all go on! Right now he has just the HT room with X10 (Insteons running X10 anyway).

The other scenes triggered by the A-D buttons are for Movie Play Scene, Movie Pause Scene, Gaming Scene and Sports Event Scene. I also defined a dummy X10 address that will be triggered via remote only to power down equipment. When you select this activity, it'll power off the equipment and ramp up some lights to a low level in the room simultaneously.

Bud
post #183 of 189 Old 06-26-2008, 02:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 24
Congratulations on the build. It looks fabulous... I noticed that the room dimensions are 23'x12' which are pretty close multiples of each other. Was any special treatment needs to compensate for this? I ask because I'm in the planning phases of my own basement theater and have 15' wide and up to 30' long to play with and thought that 15x30 is a pretty bad starting point.

Thanks.

- Paul.

My "Old Vic" Theater Build
My 8 year old daughter: "are contractors the people that mess up your house for money?"
post #184 of 189 Old 06-26-2008, 04:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Paul -

Welcome.

I'd have to defer that to Bryan (bpape) who did the acoustic design for the room. He designed it and we just built it. I'm sure there are lots of factors based on the characteristics of the room, but we left it to the expert. I'd recommend you hire Bryan as well, many have here. Remember, you can switch the equipment and speakers all day long, but you want to build the room right the first time. Definitley worth the money and piece of mind.

Bud
post #185 of 189 Old 06-27-2008, 08:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 24
I've just read several build threads and bpape seems to pop up in all of them! I guess I will talk to him to. Thanks.

My "Old Vic" Theater Build
My 8 year old daughter: "are contractors the people that mess up your house for money?"
post #186 of 189 Old 07-13-2008, 09:39 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

A few updates...

Jason and I spent a few hours over at Chads yesterday and managed to get most of the rack setup with MA custom shelves, Furman power conditioner installed, the back of the rack cleaned up, the light control integrated into the URC-810 and a plasma hung. The only remaining work left is to install a second custom rack for a second Motorola cable box, some blanks and to build a fabric panel for above the doors on the inside of the theater. The rest of the rack stuff has been ordered, so we're pretty close.

Final pictures to come in the next few weeks.

Bud
post #187 of 189 Old 03-07-2009, 07:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinadog View Post

Final pictures to come in the next few weeks.

Bud

Still no finished pics? You gonna leave us poor saps here just hanging? C'mon, guys - we need a happy ending! << >>

The Un-Theater Un-Build

post #188 of 189 Old 03-07-2009, 09:16 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Yeah, sorry about that. Chad how are your photography skills?

Bud
post #189 of 189 Old 09-21-2011, 08:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
lets dust this off this old thread for some current pics.

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page