Need motivation? Get "LOGANED" - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 3644 Old 04-04-2008, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Well, I hope one of your kids is a 4 year old, because it sounds like you need the additional brain power.

You've been LOGANED! And so have your 3 kids.

Tom Logan
Everytime I reply the thread ends
Need motivation? Get LOGANED

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

An as-yet un-named theater designed by Big-WarrenP-BritInVA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 3644 Old 04-04-2008, 12:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlogan6797 View Post

Well, I hope one of your kids is a 4 year old, because it sounds like you need the additional brain power.

You've been LOGANED! And so have your 3 kids.

Ha, LOL, My wife will like this.
6 year old daughter, 4 year old son, 2 year old son, so ya I need more brainpower than I've been given.

Why DOES it take so long to get even the smallest jobs done?
Countless times I've had these plans in my head to "get the wood trim around the 4th bedroom door done", or "finish carpeting the last two stair treads and the 12 foot hallway" just to show some "closure" room by room.

Oops, I'm at work, gotta run/go back to Outlook, (love Friday's)

Mike R,P.E. clickable DIY hot links:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #63 of 3644 Old 04-04-2008, 12:59 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 274 Post(s)
Liked: 612
Just ordered my last remaining bar stools. American made in Michigan. 4-6 week delivery.
I'm on a roll, might actually do some work on the room now.

PROJECTS:

post #64 of 3644 Old 04-04-2008, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

That turtle is kicking butt....are YOU? Will the turtle or the hair win this race? And I do mean, hair.

Tom Logan

post #65 of 3644 Old 04-04-2008, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Why DOES it take so long to get even the smallest jobs done?

If ANYBODY on God's green earth knew the answer to that, we'd ALL be done by now.

I plan to do my best to find out and KICK ALL YOUR SORRY BUTTS!

Tom Logan

post #66 of 3644 Old 04-04-2008, 02:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 20
You know, getting "Loganed" sounds pretty dirty.

John
post #67 of 3644 Old 04-04-2008, 07:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

If by "dirty" you mean "being stomped into submission and publically humilated beyond belief when even I finish before you," then, yes, it's dirty.

I see you haven't taken up the challenge yet, Mr Clean. You want dirty? I'll give you dirty you can't clean with up with a BUCKET of Mr. Clean. Yeah, YOU! I'm talkin' to you!

Tom Logan

post #68 of 3644 Old 04-04-2008, 07:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
I've been reading this the last few days and actually kept priming a little longer today after thinking about these post. 4.5 years into a new house and 14 months into finishing the basement including a HT.

Somewhere around 1000 sq foot including HT, 1 bedroom, game room, and 3/4 bath. I am sore from priming but am making some good progress the last two weeks. Berklines on order, flooring finally picked out and scheduled mid May (Yes I am hiring it out...) Completed the equipment list and ready to pull the trigger to order. Epson Pro 1080 UB will be ordered by 17th when rebate expires. Hope to get riser built and make some serious progress on trim this weekend.

Wife and child are going to Mother-in-laws next weekend so I should be able to crank some more out then.

Still need to...

Never mind... that list far to long to post....

P.S. Sweet turtle Big

Man, that took longer than I thought it would...

Loganed 4/6/08 Logan's Hero 5/1/08

2010 - The year of the Shed
post #69 of 3644 Old 04-04-2008, 07:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

If by "dirty" you mean "being stomped into submission and publically humilated beyond belief when even I finish before you," then, yes, it's dirty.

I see you haven't taken up the challenge yet, Mr Clean. You want dirty? I'll give you dirty you can't clean with up with a BUCKET of Mr. Clean. Yeah, YOU! I'm talkin' to you!

I take it back...it sounds like getting a wedgie..only worse.

I'll take you up on the challenge. I'm almost finished - however, there is a GOOD chance that I'll be moving in 3-4 months...so I'd probably be done with Theater 2.0 before you as well.

Public humiliation is a good reason to get this done.

John
post #70 of 3644 Old 04-04-2008, 07:56 PM
AVS Special Member

My theater is "done" - except that I need a PJ/sources off macro programmed into my remote. Can I get in on the race? It might seem like I have an unfair advantage, but it would not surprise me if I did not end up winning this race. Entrance fee? Do I have to wear a number on a white card on my chest? If say - theoretically - someone had been convicted of turtle/hare race sabotage in the past, would that disqualify that person? Any handicapping system? Perhaps based on the number of pounds of flesh lost due to accidents during theater construction?
post #71 of 3644 Old 04-04-2008, 08:05 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC View Post

Just ordered my last remaining bar stools. American made in Michigan. 4-6 week delivery.

Maybe I spoke too soon and should have ordered it from China. I got an e-mail back that they hadn't heard of the fabric I picked. So I had to send them back a link to the fabric on their web site and remind them that they had sent me a sample.

The other day I was reading that the graduation rate of Detroit High schools is only 25%.

PROJECTS:

post #72 of 3644 Old 04-05-2008, 05:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

The other day I was reading that the graduation rate of Detroit High schools is only 25%.

I read the entire report. It is available here: http://www.americaspromise.org/uploa...isis040108.pdf

Appalling!

Baltimore: 34%
Washington DC: 58%

This makes no sense. What in the world are these kids going to do after high school? I can't even interview anyone without a college degree, so I really wonder what's available for those w/o a high school diploma.

One thing that I found funny was that they had to ESTIMATE the number of graduates and dropouts!!?? Seems in this day and age, we shouldn't have to guess how many kids make it through.

Scary....really scary.

CJ

Follow my build here:
post #73 of 3644 Old 04-05-2008, 07:40 AM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboranadum View Post

This makes no sense. What in the world are these kids going to do after high school?

Make babies that are condemned by birth to repeat the same social economic reality. You and I help support their upbringing via the tax system.

PROJECTS:

post #74 of 3644 Old 04-05-2008, 08:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hey Loganator - whats on the schedule for this weekend? Only want to know so can laugh in your face when you don't complete them.

I'm so confident I thought I'd give you head start, this weekend will be completing a few small maintenance tasks and next week looks like will be making some deck modifications so will likely not start on the MB ceiling until end April.

Will the drywall lift be available early May? I know YOU won't be using it but didn't know whether was going to be out on hire.

Cheers,
Mark

=====================================

index on 1st post

post #75 of 3644 Old 04-05-2008, 09:25 AM
AVS Special Member

I love smack talk.

John
post #76 of 3644 Old 04-05-2008, 01:47 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I've completed what I set out to do this weekend. Now I can go play golf tomororw while you pansies are working away.

OK, I didn't say it was a lot, I just said I completed what I set out to do:

cup of coffee - read the paper - "read the paper" (sorry, the coffee runs right through you)
leisurely breakfast

Realized I still had one more romex cable to staple and stapled it
Pulled out a now abandoned 14/3 cable - NOW I think I'm tready for an electric rough inspection
Installed the last four 4 DC-04 clips - Now I just need to fireblock and I should be good for close in inspection
double checked that I've pulled out all of the screws used to temporarily hold up stud walls
found a somewhat more permanent storage spot for some of the stuff in the room
moved the stuff
picked up and tossed out ton of woods scraps
shop vac'ed the room (hadn't done it in awhile)

I won't be doing anything tomorrow, just to, you know, give you guys a fighting chance.

Tom Logan

post #77 of 3644 Old 04-05-2008, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

RPh Drew -

So, you in, or what?

Quote:

but try to avoid the paralysis of analysis

More like, S*!t or get off the pot. Which is where your head will be submerged and swirling around when I beat you.

Tom Logan

post #78 of 3644 Old 04-05-2008, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Johnsteph10 -

I'm feeling good today, you pick. HT 1.0 or HT 2.0? I'll cream you either way. I laugh at "almost finished." I GUARANTEE you'll be down there doing something while the moving van is loading up.

Tom Logan

post #79 of 3644 Old 04-05-2008, 02:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

usualsuspects -

Quote:

Do I have to wear a number on a white card on my chest?

No, but you'll have to wear a big white dunce cap on that pinprick you call a brain when I come pick you up 35 miles from your house because you've been running 5 miles a day for a week.

I'll take you on because I don't think you OR Big will ever get the remotes programmed.

You've been LOGANED!

Tom Logan

post #80 of 3644 Old 04-05-2008, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Will the drywall lift be available early May? I know YOU won't be using it but didn't know whether was going to be out on hire.

Well, in the spirit of brotherly love, fairness and good sportmanship that I've OBVIOUSLY fostered and maintined in this thread, I have to say....

Are you crazy? You think I would give up an advatage like that? What am I, a moron? I think not!

OK, I said earlier I'm feeling good today. If you can FIND it in my garage, it's yours.

Tom Logan

post #81 of 3644 Old 04-05-2008, 02:16 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

So, Big and carboranadum -

One question for you....

Which high school system did you drop out of...Detroit, Baltimore, or DC?

Just axing.

Tom Logan

post #82 of 3644 Old 04-05-2008, 04:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Yeah, be pacific about your hi school.

Randy

post #83 of 3644 Old 04-06-2008, 06:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

RPh Drew -

So, you in, or what?

Oh, I am in... While you are searching the woods for your balls (white ones or otherwise) I will be applying the first coat of anchor gray to the HT ceiling

Quote:

More like, S*!t or get off the pot. Which is where your head will be submerged and swirling around when I beat you.

Dang, that reminds me I've got plumbing to do... Oh well, save that for another day.

Saturday:
Second coat of primer to entire basement... check

Two coats of primer to the stair well... check (nearly a painful one as wife wanted to open the door as I had ladder against it..

Went to paint store to get ceiling paint and misc. supplies.. check

Ok shoulders are killing me.. Captain and diet, Captain and diet, Captain and diet, Captain and diet, Captain and diet. Ok feels better now.

Sunday plan...

Paint. Never painted a textured ceiling before so this should be interesting.

Back to paint store for more paint.

Paint some more.

Hey, where are the progress reports. This is the weekend and time for work all you Bob Vila wanna be's. I expect to see progres reports Sunday before bedtime.

Logan, good luck keeping the golf score under 70... on the front nine...

Man, that took longer than I thought it would...

Loganed 4/6/08 Logan's Hero 5/1/08

2010 - The year of the Shed
post #84 of 3644 Old 04-06-2008, 06:41 AM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

I've been working on my turbo-taxes. Boy, the accuracy of that software has gone down hill. They must have hired some of those Michigan Programmers.

PROJECTS:

post #85 of 3644 Old 04-06-2008, 08:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Now I can go play golf tomororw while you pansies are working away.

Well obviously your going down to the local crazy golf venue as if you use clubs like you do your tools there is going to be a lot of divots in the greens.

index on 1st post

post #86 of 3644 Old 04-06-2008, 08:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

I've been working on my turbo-taxes. Boy, the accuracy of that software has gone down hill. They must have hired some of those Michigan Programmers.

I tried TaxCut first, but there was a bug that was present when the address of the employer and the tax payer were different. Gave up on that and tried Turbo Tax (first time in about 5 years - since the Great Intuit Incident).

I was very pleased with Turbo Tax. Both it and Tax Cut settled on the same $$ for me. I wound up buying Turbo Tax, and filed in February. I have already mostly spent the rebate.

Oh yea, Tom - I graduated from high school in a little bitty town in southwest OK. There were 23 people in my graduating class (264 in the entire school k-12 on the day I graduated). In the 4 years my class was in high school, only 1 person dropped out during that time, and 1 failed to graduate (he subsequently completed a makeup class in summer school in the next town over and earned his diploma). With the 2 folks who didn't graduate with us, our drop out rate was 2/25 (8%). If you include that one who ultimately graduated 1 semester late, our dropout rate was 4%. That's about 12 times lower than that craphole that you graduated from.

Of course, Biggy was right in one regard...90% of the folks that graduated with me in that class still live in that itty bitty town, and are having babies to make the circle complete. Maybe their children will be the first to graduate college.

Oh yea, Tom....I'm going to smoke you and feed you a plate of Winchester crow.

May I be Loganized again for good measure?

CJ

Follow my build here:
post #87 of 3644 Old 04-06-2008, 09:19 AM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

I graduated from a stereotype suburban high school in Hopkins Minnesota.

2200 total students, 725 in my graduating class. Our class valedictorian in now President of the ACLU. I remember in high school there was an issue over her refusal to let Administration edit her graduation speech. Also she was a principle in the effort to have a counter-point presentation made when we had the various Service recruiters make their presentations in Civics class. A lot of people thought she was nuts. A lot of people still do.

75% of my graduating class went to college. I'm sure about that many left the state for warmer climates.

3 guys bet they could beat the train to crossing and died. 1 girl was devastated by her boyfriend and decided to take a long nap in a car running in the garage.

One guy had a full baseball scholarship to UofM, but during a summer vacation dove off a dock into shallow water and walked with canes after.

Several girls were expelled for getting pregnant.

No shootings, No stabbings, drugs were rare. Only a few bullies with too much testosterone for such small brains.

The guys that didn't go to college mostly got drafted. Staying in college was the ultimate Vietnam war draft dodge and luckily the draft ended before I graduated.

PROJECTS:

post #88 of 3644 Old 04-06-2008, 09:30 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

OK, ladies, the golf gods must be with you. I spent what turned to be a beautiful day yesterday working, and TODAY it rains. So no golf. And no 70 on the front nine. Or divots on green. A 70 on the front nine beats a day at work everytime.

Not much I can do in the basement until I can get a day off and get that electric rough-in inspection. So now that I can't gloat while I'm on the golf course, I'm going to give you guys another chance....I'm going to go throw my money away on the slot machines in Charles Town.

Tom Logan

post #89 of 3644 Old 04-07-2008, 05:40 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

RPh Drew -

Quote:

Oh, I am in... While you are searching the woods for your balls (white ones or otherwise) I will be applying the first coat of anchor gray to the HT ceiling

Oh, you're LOGANED, alright. And, BTW, I'll do the jokes, which is what your room will look like when I finish first.

Tom Logan

post #90 of 3644 Old 04-07-2008, 06:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'm going to go throw my money away on the slot machines in Charles Town.

So did the gambling Gods take money off you to delay further your build or give you money so you can hire someone that knows what they are doing?

index on 1st post

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Tags
Blu Ray Movies , Blu Ray Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page