Construction began on my third floor office last Wednesday.
It is going to be my home office but I am taking my 42" Hitachi plasma (98lbs) from my current downstairs office and moving it into this room. I have a few questions and would really appreciate some suggestions.
1. I want a mount that is full motion TV mount to allow for swiveling to the back corner of my room. I bought a Sanis mount for $399 (seems pricey compared to what is at SAM's Club). Any suggestions?
2. I purchased a Denon AVR788 Receiver, a pair of Moderno Sonance in-wall M6 speakers and a 16' in-wall Moderno Sonance MD10 subwoofer. This is only 2 channel stereo setup as my main intent for this room is an office. I just didn't want to waste the opportunity to at least put some type of media center while construction was going on. The only other components I will have will be a cable box and my xbox 360 (plan on using that for my media). All of these components will go on the inside right of the closet - see drawing). Anything else you would suggest?
3. I am looking for the most effective remote control for this room as everything but my plasma will be behind a wall. A home theater company is quoting me $300 for a Universal Remote (forget the model #) but it would be using infrared and some type of mini-target and emitter kit. Any suggestions?
4. Since I have purchased all of the equipment they want to charge me the following - $300 to mount TV, $199 for interconnects necessary to integrate home theater components and $399 for stereo/expansion zone - pre-wire and setup).. Is this acceptable?
5. My main PC/network will remain downstairs and I have them running CAT5 from my network to my third floor for the Xbox 360 as well as for my internet connectivity for my work laptop. Xbox should be able to handle my need to pull music off of my network downstairs, correct? Running vista.
Thanks in advance for any and all assistance. Please see attached drawing.