Denver Metro Area - Looking for general contractors to do a Structure Post Move - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-28-2008, 11:02 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello, I live on the NE side of Denver metro area and I am about to start my basement home theater construction. First thing I need to do is move a structure post/column about 5 feet to the right. I have already paid for a design by a structural engineer which looks simple and very straight forward. I have called one general contractor so far who was way out of my range and I am still waiting to hear back from another.

So please reply to this post if you know any qualified general contractors in the Denver area who are looking for extra work and are comfortable with performing structural work. I am at a very low budget so I am having to stretch every dollar to get this accomplished. I will be doing my own framing and drywalling, but I will need professional assistance with airducts reroutes, electrical work, and finally the post shift, but I would like the get the post move out of the way first so I can start framing soon.

Thanks,
-Sam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-28-2008, 04:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Sam,

I would love this info also...do you mind sending me a PM regarding who you used for engineering and the cost?

The Zen Garden HT - Move Along...There is Nothing To See Here.
post #3 of 3 Old 05-29-2008, 07:45 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audixium View Post

Sam,

I would love this info also...do you mind sending me a PM regarding who you used for engineering and the cost?

I sure will, I am working with a general contractor working afterhours on my airducts, and he was recommended by another Denver-based AVS member. The guy came out yesterday and he is a very cool guy and is willing to work and be flexible with anyone. I am also getting ready to work with another general contractor who might be doing some structural work for me (moving a structure post), unfortunately I did not hear back from anyone on the forum about a general contractor who can do structural work, so I am settling with the cheapest guy I can find, so I will be working with him next week to get the structure post moved. I may offer him to do all the electrical work and run down 100 amp subpanel for the basement, in hopes of getting him to discount a few extra hundred bucks from the cost of moving the post. I always haggle and try to bargain with everyone (3 years of sales in my early jobs had taught me a lot).

Anyhow, I am still taking bids on the post shift job so I will let you know who I end up working with, same goes for the the airducts guy, I am waiting for a quote back from him and I will send you all that info.
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page