post #1141 of 1144 Old Yesterday, 05:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenA07 View Post
I really debated if I wanted to post in this thread considering how awesome everybody's theaters look in comparison to mine. However, I figure there are a few people out there in the same place I am, so hopefully this encourages some of you to go ahead and build a theater. Quick amount of back story, I'm renting a 3 bedroom house right now, and don't have the luck of having a basement. I had wanted to do something dedicated for years, but just never had the room. Reading here however I discovered the small build thread, got inspired, and did a truly small build. My room is a 3rd bedroom that was being used as a guest/junk storage room. As the house is rented I was unable to paint (hence the paint job that is perfect for a 7 year old) or run in wall wiring. I expect that in the next few years I will buy a house, and my personal prerequisite for doing that is that I have a dedicated media room. However for now I'm proud of the fact that I turned a 11x12 room into a dedicated theater.

Gear:
AVR: Denon 2112
Speakers: EMP E55ti towers, EMP E56ci center, EMP E55wi bipole surround speakers, SVS Prime Satellites (rear surrounds)
Sub: SVS PC12-Plus. I've got plans on adding a second SVS, not sure if it will be a Plus or an Ultra.
Display: BenQ w1070 projector on a 92 inch Elite Screen
Misc: Sony BDP 6200, Sony Playstation 4, Apple TV, Roku, and a Harmony remote to bring it all together.

In a handful of those pictures you see the KLH surrounds in the back. Those were placeholder speakers that have since been swapped out for the SVS Prime Satellites, which are some surprisingly great little speakers. I know it isn't jaw dropping or impressive compared to most people's theaters on this site, but I promise it delivers a very fun theater experience!

I was digging this theater until I saw the bRUIN pennant...................those darn "little gutties!"

Too bad USC is closing to have #1 recruiting class for 2015..............sanctions are over, back to owning LA!
AllenA07 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1142 of 1144 Unread Yesterday, 10:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidK442 View Post
No build thread, but here is CollinViegas's "reveal" thread with a bit of detail.
Theater 95% done after a year...
thank you sir!
post #1143 of 1144 Unread Today, 07:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenA07 View Post
I really debated if I wanted to post in this thread considering how awesome everybody's theaters look in comparison to mine. However, I figure there are a few people out there in the same place I am, so hopefully this encourages some of you to go ahead and build a theater. Quick amount of back story, I'm renting a 3 bedroom house right now, and don't have the luck of having a basement. I had wanted to do something dedicated for years, but just never had the room. Reading here however I discovered the small build thread, got inspired, and did a truly small build. My room is a 3rd bedroom that was being used as a guest/junk storage room. As the house is rented I was unable to paint (hence the paint job that is perfect for a 7 year old) or run in wall wiring. I expect that in the next few years I will buy a house, and my personal prerequisite for doing that is that I have a dedicated media room. However for now I'm proud of the fact that I turned a 11x12 room into a dedicated theater.

Gear:
AVR: Denon 2112
Speakers: EMP E55ti towers, EMP E56ci center, EMP E55wi bipole surround speakers, SVS Prime Satellites (rear surrounds)
Sub: SVS PC12-Plus. I've got plans on adding a second SVS, not sure if it will be a Plus or an Ultra.
Display: BenQ w1070 projector on a 92 inch Elite Screen
Misc: Sony BDP 6200, Sony Playstation 4, Apple TV, Roku, and a Harmony remote to bring it all together.

In a handful of those pictures you see the KLH surrounds in the back. Those were placeholder speakers that have since been swapped out for the SVS Prime Satellites, which are some surprisingly great little speakers. I know it isn't jaw dropping or impressive compared to most people's theaters on this site, but I promise it delivers a very fun theater experience!
AllenA07 - once the lights go out all you see is the image on the screen and all you hear is the sound from your speakers, so bravo sir!
Brian Fineberg and AllenA07 like this.
post #1144 of 1144 Unread Today, 12:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 855 Post(s)
Liked: 930
Quote:
Originally Posted by helmsman View Post
AllenA07 - once the lights go out all you see is the image on the screen and all you hear is the sound from your speakers, so bravo sir!
well said!

Panasonic 65VT30 | Panasonic AE8000 HD PJ | Denon x4100 ATMOS 5.2.4| Emotiva XPA-5 | PSA MT110 x 3 FL/C/FR | PSB B4's | DUAL PSA XS30 | OPPO 103 | minidsp | Buttkicker LFE

the SadieMax HT build thread - my first build
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page