Show me your COMPLETED Theater! - Page 40 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
 194Likes
Reply
Thread Tools
post #1171 of 1251 Old 02-25-2015, 02:03 PM
Newbie
 
LGR1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My humble theater

This is my very humble theater. The space is very small. 16ft by 12ft converted frog. This is my first HT room. JVC 49u, Dragonfly 133 inch screen, Onkyo 9 series amp, samsung Bluray player, Home episode speakers 7.1, PS4, Xbox 360, Apple router, control 4 module. I am amazed by what I have seen in this forum. Will try to post better pictures at a later time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	121.jpg
Views:	469
Size:	176.9 KB
ID:	567953   Click image for larger version

Name:	1231.jpg
Views:	478
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	567961  
LGR1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1172 of 1251 Old 02-25-2015, 02:06 PM
Newbie
 
LGR1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
More pics

This forum has provided me with a lot of information and kept me from making a lot of mistakes. Thank you guys.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1231.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	568017   Click image for larger version

Name:	11.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	568025  
LGR1 is offline  
post #1173 of 1251 Old 02-25-2015, 02:21 PM
Newbie
 
LGR1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Images

Images from the JVC are breath taking!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2241.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	568089   Click image for larger version

Name:	2231.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	568097   Click image for larger version

Name:	2221.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	568105  
LGR1 is offline  
post #1174 of 1251 Old 02-25-2015, 04:37 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
Clarence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: No. Virginia Projector: JVC RS56
Posts: 8,951
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVoth View Post
Clarence,
This is a great space you have. It's a great color scheme and even has a bathroom.
Thanks. The color scheme was based on the bar that I built last year, just outside the HT door...



Black is pretty easy to match and works well functionally in a HT. My wife was a little leery of all black, but she was the one who came up with the idea of the bead board for wainscoting and chair rail on the bottom half... it adds some subtle detail without being distracting.

When Curtis G offered up some unused GoM locally, it was almost the exact same blue as the rest of our basement, so it tied in nicely for the sound treatment panels.

I'd poured black concrete for the 10'x10' bartop. Same black bead board as the HT. The wine rack was my first project with a kreg jig... love it. And the TV in the middle of the wine rack is hooked up to the 2nd HDMI output of my onkyo receiver, so it shows whatever the projector is showing. That works out perfectly when we have lots of people over like the Super Bowl party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVoth View Post
Did you start a build thread?
Not much of a build thread since I cranked it out in two weeks and didn't take many pictures... more of a "built thread":
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...uper-bowl.html

I need to add the latest photos to that thread.
Clarence is online now  
post #1175 of 1251 Old 02-25-2015, 10:52 PM
Member
 
Scott 44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 16
A complete DIY theater from a movie guy in Atlanta....all in price minus electronics and seats =$9,200
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Theaterpanno.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	569385  
DavidK442 and dRwOOD73 like this.
Scott 44 is offline  
post #1176 of 1251 Old 02-26-2015, 05:43 AM
Advanced Member
 
JVoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Beaumont, TX
Posts: 735
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
I did most of my work myself and wish now I would have waited and hired the right people to do it right. I am actually so disappointed with my theater that I really don't even use it anymore. My problem was I was in such a hurry to get done. I would suggest to anybody planning a theater build that they should get "hurry" off the list. I think I am going to disassemble my theater and just wait till I can build what I wanted from the beginning. Unfortunately that will not be in this house.
Yours looks a hell of a lot better than my original. I documented it in my first post on my build thread as having a "white trash" decor. Great equipment, horrible and ugly room. You have great equipment, too, and the room isn't bad at all. I know exactly how you feel though. Your situation and mine was exactly the same. I had been on AVS drooling over these rooms for a while and it had gotten to the point where I rarely went in there because I became so disappointed with my half ass thrown together room. I didn't even have carpet.

When do you plan on moving?
JVoth is offline  
post #1177 of 1251 Old 02-27-2015, 01:17 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cape May, NJ (South Jersey)
Posts: 3,583
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1057 Post(s)
Liked: 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVoth View Post
Yours looks a hell of a lot better than my original. I documented it in my first post on my build thread as having a "white trash" decor. Great equipment, horrible and ugly room. You have great equipment, too, and the room isn't bad at all. I know exactly how you feel though. Your situation and mine was exactly the same. I had been on AVS drooling over these rooms for a while and it had gotten to the point where I rarely went in there because I became so disappointed with my half ass thrown together room. I didn't even have carpet.

When do you plan on moving?
I am not so much disappointed with the the looks, but more so with not doing double drywall and working more on sound containment. I had a noise complaint and the police came knocking at my door one night. It was like the first real chance I had at sitting down and watching a big bass movie in my newly finished theater. (EOT). I was 10 minutes into the movie and the cops were knocking at my front door. The reason I did not focus more on sound containment was because I have ran multiple subs for years and "loud" and nobody ever said a peep. So I thought I was safe, but I guess moving over a couple of rooms had a pretty big effect on what my neighbors could actually hear. It is like having a 4 cylinder Mustang. I have really been that bummed out about it that I really don't even feel like using the room anymore. Just the way I feel. If I can not enjoy the room the way I want without people crying and calling the cops, what is the point?

Last edited by Reefdvr27; 02-27-2015 at 01:21 PM.
Reefdvr27 is offline  
post #1178 of 1251 Old 02-27-2015, 01:57 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Pain Infliction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 3,663
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 636 Post(s)
Liked: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
I am not so much disappointed with the the looks, but more so with not doing double drywall and working more on sound containment. I had a noise complaint and the police came knocking at my door one night. It was like the first real chance I had at sitting down and watching a big bass movie in my newly finished theater. (EOT). I was 10 minutes into the movie and the cops were knocking at my front door. The reason I did not focus more on sound containment was because I have ran multiple subs for years and "loud" and nobody ever said a peep. So I thought I was safe, but I guess moving over a couple of rooms had a pretty big effect on what my neighbors could actually hear. It is like having a 4 cylinder Mustang. I have really been that bummed out about it that I really don't even feel like using the room anymore. Just the way I feel. If I can not enjoy the room the way I want without people crying and calling the cops, what is the point?



Your neighbors suck for that. I mean really....how loud can it possibly be outside? It also has to be above a certain spl and after certain times before the cops can do anything about it anyway. Believe me, I have looked into this.

Where are pics of you completed theater? I looked in your build thread and didn't really see. Maybe, I just missed it?

Edit: I went back and looked and found them. I was looking at the end of your thread and they were on another page. I have the 100 posts per page setup. They are also at the beginning. I'm an idiot.

Theater looks great and I bet it sounds great too! How are those HST's? I am a big fan of those.

Last edited by Pain Infliction; 02-27-2015 at 02:04 PM.
Pain Infliction is online now  
post #1179 of 1251 Old 02-27-2015, 05:40 PM
Member
 
smarcus3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 112
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
I am not so much disappointed with the the looks, but more so with not doing double drywall and working more on sound containment. I had a noise complaint and the police came knocking at my door one night. It was like the first real chance I had at sitting down and watching a big bass movie in my newly finished theater. (EOT). I was 10 minutes into the movie and the cops were knocking at my front door. The reason I did not focus more on sound containment was because I have ran multiple subs for years and "loud" and nobody ever said a peep. So I thought I was safe, but I guess moving over a couple of rooms had a pretty big effect on what my neighbors could actually hear. It is like having a 4 cylinder Mustang. I have really been that bummed out about it that I really don't even feel like using the room anymore. Just the way I feel. If I can not enjoy the room the way I want without people crying and calling the cops, what is the point?
That sucks man. I have the same problem as I live in an apartment. I now have the sub cut by 6 dB to keep the police from coming again. Its just annoying they call the police instead of asking you to just turn it down. Plus I got mine in the middle of the day on the weekend. **shaking my head**

---------
My Home Theater
smarcus3 is offline  
post #1180 of 1251 Old 02-27-2015, 08:24 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ellisr63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Northern California, In the HT
Posts: 2,392
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarcus3 View Post
That sucks man. I have the same problem as I live in an apartment. I now have the sub cut by 6 dB to keep the police from coming again. Its just annoying they call the police instead of asking you to just turn it down. Plus I got mine in the middle of the day on the weekend. **shaking my head**
Start saving your money so you can buy or rent a house.

Denon 4520ci, (3) JBL 2360As/EV DHA-1s, (3) 1/4 Pie bass bins, (3) MiniDSP 2x4s, (4) Klipsch HIPs,  PS3, XBox 360, (3) Intel NUCs, Redmere, Monster HTPS7000, 2 DTS-10 subs, Panasonic AE8000, SeymourAV 180 (195" diagonal) scope screen, Darbee Darcet, Yamaha P7000s, (2) Yamaha P2500s, & (3) Topping 25wpch T chip amps.
The Ellis Family Go Big or go Home HT
ellisr63 is offline  
post #1181 of 1251 Old 02-28-2015, 06:34 AM
Member
 
smarcus3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 112
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisr63 View Post
Start saving your money so you can buy or rent a house.
Just waiting for my lease to end in July. They didn't like the excuse that I was product testing for my job.

---------
My Home Theater
smarcus3 is offline  
post #1182 of 1251 Old 02-28-2015, 05:40 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cape May, NJ (South Jersey)
Posts: 3,583
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1057 Post(s)
Liked: 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain Infliction View Post
Your neighbors suck for that. I mean really....how loud can it possibly be outside? It also has to be above a certain spl and after certain times before the cops can do anything about it anyway. Believe me, I have looked into this.

Where are pics of you completed theater? I looked in your build thread and didn't really see. Maybe, I just missed it?

Edit: I went back and looked and found them. I was looking at the end of your thread and they were on another page. I have the 100 posts per page setup. They are also at the beginning. I'm an idiot.

Theater looks great and I bet it sounds great too! How are those HST's? I am a big fan of those.
Yeah, they do suck. I hate this neighborhood. I don't talk to any of them and I don't even wave anymore. I think they all think they are better than everybody else because they are rich. I have walked my property during the day with the system running at reference and I could barley hear it. I think it is at night when it is super quiet where the problem lies. These homes are not close together, but again I think at night even the homes that are further away can hear it just due to how quiet it is. I am just going to have to wait and just keep it cool here till I sell this place and get out of here. The HST's are incredible, but unfortunately they are disconnected at the present time as I am just running the 215's full range. I have thought of selling them and it sucks because I don't want to sell them. I don't know what to do. Here are a couple of pics of them. They are HUGE





Quote:
Originally Posted by smarcus3 View Post
That sucks man. I have the same problem as I live in an apartment. I now have the sub cut by 6 dB to keep the police from coming again. Its just annoying they call the police instead of asking you to just turn it down. Plus I got mine in the middle of the day on the weekend. **shaking my head**
Sorry to hear you have the same problem. I agree, I would have had more respect if the people would have just came and talked to me. There is a new young couple that bought the house across the way and I think they are the culprits. They have never waved or even tried to talk to me and as far as I know, they are the same with others. I want to know if the noise is bothering people as that is not my goal. I have respect for people and I would be upset if I knew I was bothering them with unwanted noise. But If that is the way they want to handle things, I can play the same game. I have been just watching movies I want to play loud during the day or early on weekends, but I prefer to watch movies at night when it is time to relax.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2231.jpg
Views:	1282
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	575561   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2233.jpg
Views:	1278
Size:	186.2 KB
ID:	575569  

Last edited by Reefdvr27; 02-28-2015 at 05:51 PM.
Reefdvr27 is offline  
post #1183 of 1251 Old 02-28-2015, 05:56 PM
Member
 
smarcus3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 112
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
Yeah, they do suck. I hate this neighborhood. I don't talk to any of them and I don't even wave anymore. I think they all think they are better than everybody else because they are rich. I have walked my property during the day with the system running at reference and I could barley hear it. I think it is at night when it is super quiet where the problem lies. These homes are not close together, but again I think at night even the homes that are further away can hear it just due to how quiet it is. I am just going to have to wait and just keep it cool here till I sell this place and get out of here. The HST's are incredible, but unfortunately they are disconnected at the present time as I am just running the 215's full range. I have thought of selling them and it sucks because I don't want to sell them. I don't know what to do. Here are a couple of pics of them. They are HUGE





Sorry to hear you have the same problem. I agree, I would have had more respect if the people would have just came and talked to me. There is a new young couple that bought the house across the way and I think they are the culprits. They have never waved or even tried to talk to me and as far as I know, they are the same with others. I want to know if the noise is bothering people as that is not my goal. I have respect for people and I would be upset if I knew I was bothering them with unwanted noise. But If that is the way they want to handle things, I can play the same game. I have been just watching movies I want to play loud during the day or early on weekends, but I prefer to watch movies at night when it is time to relax.
Didn't realize you got a complaint when you were in a house. That's nuts. There is no way they could hear it inside their house. I can understand they may be able to hear some rumbling outside but who cares. Def annoying.

---------
My Home Theater
smarcus3 is offline  
post #1184 of 1251 Old 02-28-2015, 06:22 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ellisr63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Northern California, In the HT
Posts: 2,392
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarcus3 View Post
Didn't realize you got a complaint when you were in a house. That's nuts. There is no way they could hear it inside their house. I can understand they may be able to hear some rumbling outside but who cares. Def annoying.
I wonder if it is subsonics that are rattling their dishes... If so not much you can do other than either turning it down or cutting off the ultra low bass. I know Denon has a setting that stops the ultra low frequencies from going through the wall.

Denon 4520ci, (3) JBL 2360As/EV DHA-1s, (3) 1/4 Pie bass bins, (3) MiniDSP 2x4s, (4) Klipsch HIPs,  PS3, XBox 360, (3) Intel NUCs, Redmere, Monster HTPS7000, 2 DTS-10 subs, Panasonic AE8000, SeymourAV 180 (195" diagonal) scope screen, Darbee Darcet, Yamaha P7000s, (2) Yamaha P2500s, & (3) Topping 25wpch T chip amps.
The Ellis Family Go Big or go Home HT
ellisr63 is offline  
post #1185 of 1251 Old 02-28-2015, 07:41 PM
Advanced Member
 
Metric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 810
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonC View Post
Hi All. This is my first ever media room build. I used multiple resources and don't even come close to pretend I did much right. #1 I am an IT security engineer with no background in construction. #2 I didn't have to go to the hospital AT ALL during the build. #3 I did 98% of it myself with NO HELP. The only thing anyone else did was hang/finish the drywall and put in carpet. #4 I enjoy what I made, at the end of the day, that is what it is all about. Total cost of the room is about $9000=$9500.

If I can do it, ANYONE can!! Threw in some photo's of my vintage Star Wars collection as well for you geeks out there. Basement remodel will feature some of that...

Some background on the room, I unfortunately had limited space to work with in the particular area, it is about 13.5 x 18. No perfectly ideal but it seems to be fine. I am a minimalist so I tried to do a tasteful room. Behind the drywall, the entire room is done in Roxul Safe'N Sound. Two layers of drywall on ceiling. So that was my sound proofing and the results really aren't bad. Above is the kitchen and with the volume cranked you can't hear much at all. Most of the sound reverberates out the back of the theater and up the stairs when the door is open in the back of the room. You can hear nothing on the top floor of my house and that was really my main goal. Be able to blast it even if my wife and kid are asleep upstairs. No problems there.
The front stage was the hardest thing for me. An IT guy doing that curved wood stage was kind of a joke. Props to all wood workers out there. LOL

For the stage, I did use sand and for the riser in the back, I filled it with Safe N Sound as well. So you can see, I at LEAST tried to do some things right with the help of this forum and other reading.






















Added some photos with various scene settings of the Lutron Spacer System..

Thanks for looking at my humble attempt at a media room.
What are those chairs? and where did you get the 3d glasses rack?

It takes me back to being about 6 seeing those star wars figures...
IonC likes this.

I want to die in my sleep like grandpa... not kicking and screaming like the people in his car.
Metric is offline  
post #1186 of 1251 Old 03-02-2015, 07:44 AM
Newbie
 
IonC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metric View Post
What are those chairs? and where did you get the 3d glasses rack?

It takes me back to being about 6 seeing those star wars figures...
The seats are Seatcrafts. The glasses rack I found on E-bay, it turned out really nice IMO, I Like have them available just to grab when you need them.
IonC is offline  
post #1187 of 1251 Old 03-02-2015, 10:41 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Brian Fineberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 5,033
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1335 Post(s)
Liked: 1284
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonC View Post
The seats are Seatcrafts. The glasses rack I found on E-bay, it turned out really nice IMO, I Like have them available just to grab when you need them.
how low are your soffits? I am in a very similar situation right now...to have matching sofits i would have that very narrow notch down the center of the room...do you have pics of building it?

thanks!

Panasonic 65VT30 | Panasonic AE8000 HD PJ | Denon x4100 ATMOS 5.2.4| Emotiva XPR-5 | XPA-1L x2 | PSA MT110 x 3 FL/C/FR | PSA MT110sur surrounds | DUAL PSA XS30 | OPPO 103 | minidsp

the SadieMax HT build thread - my first build
Brian Fineberg is online now  
post #1188 of 1251 Old 03-02-2015, 11:05 AM
Advanced Member
 
ChldsPlay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Independence, MO/Olathe, KS
Posts: 583
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metric View Post
What are those chairs? and where did you get the 3d glasses rack?

It takes me back to being about 6 seeing those star wars figures...
I found what looks like a nearly identical rack on Etsy. The main difference I see is that there are 7 shelves instead of 6.
ellisr63 likes this.

The Hodor Theater - In Progress
Projector - Panasonic PT-AE8000U
LCR speakers - JTR Noesis 228 HT
Surround/Back Speakers - Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-8000M
Subwoofers - Dual Passive JTR Captivator Pros
Receiver - Onkyo TX-SR608
ChldsPlay is offline  
post #1189 of 1251 Old 03-02-2015, 01:53 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ellisr63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Northern California, In the HT
Posts: 2,392
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonC View Post
The seats are Seatcrafts. The glasses rack I found on E-bay, it turned out really nice IMO, I Like have them available just to grab when you need them.
Do you have a link to who you got the glasses rack from?

Denon 4520ci, (3) JBL 2360As/EV DHA-1s, (3) 1/4 Pie bass bins, (3) MiniDSP 2x4s, (4) Klipsch HIPs,  PS3, XBox 360, (3) Intel NUCs, Redmere, Monster HTPS7000, 2 DTS-10 subs, Panasonic AE8000, SeymourAV 180 (195" diagonal) scope screen, Darbee Darcet, Yamaha P7000s, (2) Yamaha P2500s, & (3) Topping 25wpch T chip amps.
The Ellis Family Go Big or go Home HT
ellisr63 is offline  
post #1190 of 1251 Old 03-02-2015, 02:00 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ellisr63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Northern California, In the HT
Posts: 2,392
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChldsPlay View Post
I found what looks like a nearly identical rack on Etsy. The main difference I see is that there are 7 shelves instead of 6.
Could it be this one? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eyeglass-Sun...90891616&rt=nc

Denon 4520ci, (3) JBL 2360As/EV DHA-1s, (3) 1/4 Pie bass bins, (3) MiniDSP 2x4s, (4) Klipsch HIPs,  PS3, XBox 360, (3) Intel NUCs, Redmere, Monster HTPS7000, 2 DTS-10 subs, Panasonic AE8000, SeymourAV 180 (195" diagonal) scope screen, Darbee Darcet, Yamaha P7000s, (2) Yamaha P2500s, & (3) Topping 25wpch T chip amps.
The Ellis Family Go Big or go Home HT
ellisr63 is offline  
post #1191 of 1251 Old 03-02-2015, 02:53 PM
Advanced Member
 
ChldsPlay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Independence, MO/Olathe, KS
Posts: 583
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisr63 View Post
No, that is different. The word Etsy is a link in my other post.
ellisr63 likes this.

The Hodor Theater - In Progress
Projector - Panasonic PT-AE8000U
LCR speakers - JTR Noesis 228 HT
Surround/Back Speakers - Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-8000M
Subwoofers - Dual Passive JTR Captivator Pros
Receiver - Onkyo TX-SR608
ChldsPlay is offline  
post #1192 of 1251 Old 03-02-2015, 03:01 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ellisr63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Northern California, In the HT
Posts: 2,392
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChldsPlay View Post
No, that is different. The word Etsy is a link in my other post.
I know that Etsy is not ebay, but I was asking if the one I linked was the one in the pictures.

Denon 4520ci, (3) JBL 2360As/EV DHA-1s, (3) 1/4 Pie bass bins, (3) MiniDSP 2x4s, (4) Klipsch HIPs,  PS3, XBox 360, (3) Intel NUCs, Redmere, Monster HTPS7000, 2 DTS-10 subs, Panasonic AE8000, SeymourAV 180 (195" diagonal) scope screen, Darbee Darcet, Yamaha P7000s, (2) Yamaha P2500s, & (3) Topping 25wpch T chip amps.
The Ellis Family Go Big or go Home HT
ellisr63 is offline  
post #1193 of 1251 Old 03-02-2015, 03:08 PM
Advanced Member
 
ChldsPlay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Independence, MO/Olathe, KS
Posts: 583
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 33
It's not.

The Hodor Theater - In Progress
Projector - Panasonic PT-AE8000U
LCR speakers - JTR Noesis 228 HT
Surround/Back Speakers - Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-8000M
Subwoofers - Dual Passive JTR Captivator Pros
Receiver - Onkyo TX-SR608
ChldsPlay is offline  
post #1194 of 1251 Old 03-02-2015, 05:41 PM
Newbie
 
IonC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisr63 View Post
Send me your email via PM, stupid board won't let me send a PM yet.
ellisr63 likes this.
IonC is offline  
post #1195 of 1251 Old 03-02-2015, 05:45 PM
Newbie
 
IonC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post
how low are your soffits? I am in a very similar situation right now...to have matching sofits i would have that very narrow notch down the center of the room...do you have pics of building it?

thanks!
The sofits are 10". I didn't want just one soffit running in the theater so I built the parameter around to make it match. I am OCD. It's not ideal but it is OK and no one knows the wiser when they come in the room....
Brian Fineberg and ellisr63 like this.
IonC is offline  
post #1196 of 1251 Old 03-02-2015, 07:20 PM
Newbie
 
IonC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChldsPlay View Post
I found what looks like a nearly identical rack on Etsy. The main difference I see is that there are 7 shelves instead of 6.
Same people, they just customized mine to remove a shelf and widen the shelves to fit my 3D glasses exactly.
ellisr63 likes this.
IonC is offline  
post #1197 of 1251 Old 03-03-2015, 03:54 AM
Senior Member
 
iamjason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 351
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR1 View Post
This forum has provided me with a lot of information and kept me from making a lot of mistakes. Thank you guys.

i like the couch - where did you buy it - it would save me some space -
iamjason is offline  
post #1198 of 1251 Old 03-03-2015, 04:32 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Brian Fineberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 5,033
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1335 Post(s)
Liked: 1284
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonC View Post
The sofits are 10". I didn't want just one soffit running in the theater so I built the parameter around to make it match. I am OCD. It's not ideal but it is OK and no one knows the wiser when they come in the room....
I REALLY want matching soffits but my father in law and wife wont allow it...haha hope it doesnt look weird with only one

yours looks great btw..

Panasonic 65VT30 | Panasonic AE8000 HD PJ | Denon x4100 ATMOS 5.2.4| Emotiva XPR-5 | XPA-1L x2 | PSA MT110 x 3 FL/C/FR | PSA MT110sur surrounds | DUAL PSA XS30 | OPPO 103 | minidsp

the SadieMax HT build thread - my first build
Brian Fineberg is online now  
post #1199 of 1251 Old 03-03-2015, 01:23 PM
Newbie
 
LGR1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjason View Post
i like the couch - where did you buy it - it would save me some space -
Hey I amjason! I brought the couch from Ashley Furniture for 728$. It has storage in the chaise part and it has headrests that flip up. I thought I had made a mistake by building the second riser with a lot of space....so the pit group is 6 feet away from a 133" screen. It works for me great, the kids love it being that close.... no screen door and you can't see the pixels! Talking about totally immersive! My second row is at 12' with the projector mounted at 16'. Yesterday I got my 3d emitter in and watched Tron with the samsung 5100's that came with my tv. I thought it was going to be a bust but the 3d worked good with the image being a little dark. Me and my son watched Star Wars 5 and 6 today, and it was incredible!

How this forum helped me...
1) JVC 49u
2) Black room
3) Wiring
4) Soffit construction
5) Onkyo 928
6) Screen
7) Riser calculations
8) Throw distance..

I need help with acoustical panels and my journey should be complete!
LGR1 is offline  
post #1200 of 1251 Old 03-03-2015, 02:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Pain Infliction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 3,663
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 636 Post(s)
Liked: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
Yeah, they do suck. I hate this neighborhood. I don't talk to any of them and I don't even wave anymore. I think they all think they are better than everybody else because they are rich. I have walked my property during the day with the system running at reference and I could barley hear it. I think it is at night when it is super quiet where the problem lies. These homes are not close together, but again I think at night even the homes that are further away can hear it just due to how quiet it is. I am just going to have to wait and just keep it cool here till I sell this place and get out of here. The HST's are incredible, but unfortunately they are disconnected at the present time as I am just running the 215's full range. I have thought of selling them and it sucks because I don't want to sell them. I don't know what to do. Here are a couple of pics of them. They are HUGE




How many HST's do you have?
Pain Infliction is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off