Show me your COMPLETED Theater! - Page 41 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 114Likes
post #1201 of 1208 Unread Today, 06:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Noticed this pic posted top of page 40, but no reference to the builder or thread, anyone know who's it is? Would like to learn more, Thx Jim

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1202 of 1208 Unread Today, 08:02 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMEANS View Post
Noticed this pic posted top of page 40, but no reference to the builder or thread, anyone know who's it is? Would like to learn more, Thx Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarence View Post
Thanks. The color scheme was based on the bar that I built last year, just outside the HT door...
It looks like it came from Clarence's theater to me.

Edit: here is his theater build:
Clarence's new HT built in 2 weeks for Super Bowl

I don't think he has a Bar build theater..
post #1203 of 1208 Unread Today, 08:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 998 Post(s)
Liked: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR1 View Post
This forum has provided me with a lot of information and kept me from making a lot of mistakes. Thank you guys.
Room looks great, but I am curious how the center channel sounds that high over the screen. Seems a bit high. What are your thoughts?
post #1204 of 1208 Unread Today, 08:20 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigma722 View Post
It looks like it came from Clarence's theater to me.

Edit: here is his theater build:
Clarence's new HT built in 2 weeks for Super Bowl

I don't think he has a Bar build theater..
I did check Clarence but no bar build in his thread, interested in this bar build more so than anything, but thanks Jim

post #1205 of 1208 Unread Today, 09:03 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMEANS View Post
I did check Clarence but no bar build in his thread, interested in this bar build more so than anything, but thanks Jim
I don't have a build thread on the bar, but I added some notes to the Super Bowl HT build thread in my signature so we don't clutter up this thread.
post #1206 of 1208 Unread Today, 11:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Quoted: 627 Post(s)
Liked: 486
Here is my theater, pretty much finished for now -

Current equipment -

Stewart Luxus Model A ElectriScreen, StudioTek 130 G3 material – 50.2 x118 x 128.2 diagonal

Stewart Luxus Model A ElectriScreen, Neve 1.1 material – 59.5 x 106 x122 diagonal
Sim2 Lumis Host projector
Sony VW600ES projector
Denon AVR 4520ci
Emotiva XPA 200 amp – 150 watts x 2 channels
OPPO BD103 Blu Ray player
Toshiba HD A2 HD-DVD player
11.3 Speaker System - Martin Logan Motion 40’s ( 2 ), Motion SLM XL center speaker, Motion FXsurrounds ( 4 ), Motion LX16 wide channel speakers ( 2 ) , Motion 4 height channel speakers ( 2) .
SVS 20 – 39 PCI cylindersubwoofer, SVS PC 12 Plus cylinder subwoofer , SVS SB1000 subwoofer
PFP M1500 – UPS uninterruptible power supply
Seating width – 14’ ( La - Z - Boy sectional sofa ).
Theater 23’ wide x 17’ 6” ( minus 3’ 3” projector room ) x 11’ tall.
14’ lens to screen. 11’ 6” eye to screen distance.
388 square feet ( excluding projector closet ), 3547 cubic feet
And of course, all your favorite movies on Blu Ray and HD DVD ( just a few left - mostly Blu rays now ) -

Craig Peer, AV Science Sales. Call me on my direct line - 585-671-2972, 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday
Email me at craig@avscience.com http://shop.avscience.com/
Yes, we sell Home Theater gear right here at AVS !!
JVC, Sony, Epson, DPI, SIM2, SV Sound, Martin Logan, RBH, and many more!
post #1207 of 1208 Unread Today, 12:31 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
Room looks great, but I am curious how the center channel sounds that high over the screen. Seems a bit high. What are your thoughts?
Hey Reefdiver! Actually it is angled down into the viewing area behind the screen. I am running a 7.1 system and it sounds incredible!. When I crank it up to thx reference levels like on "Avatar" it is a great experience. I have the Onkyo 929 and Home episode 700 series speakers/subwoofer. I need some acoustic treatments to finish the room. I am pretty happy with the results of my first theater! Went with the non glare black paint and the viewing of movies is......well incredible.
post #1208 of 1208 Unread Today, 11:15 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I just discovered this thread and have enjoyed it very much .. lots of inspiration here ... wish I'd found it before I started. I just finished mine last month after about a 7 mo build in my basement. It was a low budget DIY build and I hesitate somewhat to call it a 'home theater' since I use it more for TV/video than movies so far but it has a number of home theater elements combined with informal media rooms. It's approx 12' x 13' at one end of an approx 12' x 37' multipurpose room with approx 7.5' ceiling height and although I demo'd the existing ceiling before starting, I had to integrate the new ceiling design into the existing room. I did the whole project myself including the 105" wide screen which is MDF with the RS-MM-LL V2 custom mix. The wall panels were inspired by GPowers and are GOM wrapped OC703. Because it was an existing drywalled space, I didn't get into serious sound deadening but put in 2 layers of 3.5" Roxul into the ceiling and valences plus towers of triangular Roxul in the rears of the front speaker enclosures to act as base traps. Also filled the space under the cabinets with sand. Overall, I find the sound to be better than I was expecting for my modest speaker setup. Would like to upgrade to Atmos next year and the rears of my 7.1 setup are already in the ceiling so will probably add two ceiling fronts and run as 5.1.4. I think I'll also go back and re-do the screen to something closer to 115-20 .. I know the Sony HW40ES can handle it with a projection distance of about 160" and main seating at 120".
Other budget A/V equipment - Receiver: Yamaha - HTR6090 Speakers: Andrew Jones Pioneer LCR SP-FS52 & C22s Sides: JBL floorstanding CST55 Rears: Paradigm OM-110s ceiling Sub: single Klipsch KSW10 Sources: Motorolla 3416 PVR; LG BD550 Blu-ray; Apple TV; Popcorn Hour streaming from Seagate NAS Lighting: Insteon-controlled center LEDs and quartz valence pots; also dimmable, color selectable LED strips in valence

Sorry .. I was too busy building to take pictures or start a build thread but I did post more details here: Ian's Media Room

Ian

My finished "Media Room"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page