Show me your COMPLETED Theater! - Page 44 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 229Likes
post #1291 of 1301 Unread 05-26-2015, 11:03 AM
wse
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 960 Post(s)
Liked: 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuluwalker View Post

Revel Performa 3 F-208 Front L/R C-208 Center F-206 Wides L/R M-105 Heights L/R S-206 Surround L/R S-206 Surround Back L/R Paradigm Reference Studio Sub15's
Very nice the sound must be amazing too bad the center channel is not a Revel Performa 3 F-208 !

You are ready for ATMOS, AURO 3D, DTS NEO:X and DTS:X
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1292 of 1301 Unread 05-26-2015, 11:11 AM
Just add water and stir

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by wse View Post
Very nice the sound must be amazing too bad the center channel is not a Revel Performa 3 F-208 !

You are ready for ATMOS, AURO 3D, DTS NEO:X and DTS:X
Why would you recommend I use a tower for the center channel. That speaker would not appear to be a good fit for my room.

But I am always open. Please let me know.
post #1293 of 1301 Unread 05-26-2015, 11:26 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Why would you recommend I use a tower for the center channel. That speaker would not appear to be a good fit for my room.

But I am always open. Please let me know.
I'm assuming he was speaking in hypotheticals because a tower would obviously cover up part of your screen but would provide better sound. Measurements have shown that 3 LCR's in a vertical orientation are better than the V-H-V orientation that you have. Home theaters for the most part are about compromise unfortunately. To honest, I went from a non AT screen with speakers oriented the way you have them to the standard AT orientation and I can't tell a difference as far as sound quality goes. Having an AT screen is far more immersive in my opinion but to each his own. You have a great looking room and when the lights go out, you can't see speakers anyways.
post #1294 of 1301 Unread 05-26-2015, 11:29 AM
Just add water and stir

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVoth View Post
I'm assuming he was speaking in hypotheticals because a tower would obviously cover up part of your screen but would provide better sound. Measurements have shown that 3 LCR's in a vertical orientation are better than the V-H-V orientation that you have. Home theaters for the most part are about compromise unfortunately. To honest, I went from a non AT screen with speakers oriented the way you have them to the standard AT orientation and I can't tell a difference as far as sound quality goes. Having an AT screen is far more immersive in my opinion but to each his own. You have a great looking room and when the lights go out, you can't see speakers anyways.
Yes. I see that humor now. Thanks for the reply. Back to the topic I guess before some moderator jumps in here and starts having a power control issue.

I appreciate your answer. Can you PM me a link to your theater so I can see the screen you are speaking of please? Thank you.
post #1295 of 1301 Unread 05-26-2015, 12:48 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Yes. I see that humor now. Thanks for the reply. Back to the topic I guess before some moderator jumps in here and starts having a power control issue.

I appreciate your answer. Can you PM me a link to your theater so I can see the screen you are speaking of please? Thank you.
The B-Stock Theater Build

I don't have any pics of my non AT screen in my thread if that's what you were wanting. My new room is complete with the AT screen though.
post #1296 of 1301 Unread 05-26-2015, 07:09 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Couple of pics of mine. Small theater. Wanted to post in the small theater link but it doesn't work.
My theater is 9' wide by 19' long. The walls are stuffed with 1 and 2 inch owens corning board, wine color wall fabric, gold fabric columns which matches the gold steps, trim and soffit. The black on the soffit is also fabric. The lights are controlled with a graphic eye and consist of 5 circuits. Control is provided by Creston. Columns consist of Niles IW650FX surround speakers and the front LCR are Niles Pro2870LCR behind a transparent screen. Low end is provided by two 15" subs powered by Crown amp. I haven't decided on carpet yet, so the floor is still bare. I will attempt to locate some construction photos, but Im not sure where the are. The photos were taken with my cell phone, so not the best quality pics. The blue behind the columns are not as bright as they appear in the pics. The ceiling will be getting a star mural and black lights along with blue LED's to match the columns. The project is an Epson, but cant remember the model. Will have to go check.

Shane
DavidK442 likes this.
post #1297 of 1301 Unread 05-26-2015, 07:31 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 34
^^ Nice work! That's a nice design for the wall panelling. But that much absorption must make it eerily silent in there. I did something vaguely similar but only filled the ones near the first & second reflection points with OC because I get the feeling that the acoustic gurus seem to want a balance of absorption and reflection. How's yours working out so far .. or maybe with finishing the theater, you really haven't had time for too much listening so far?

Ian

My finished "Media Room"
post #1298 of 1301 Unread 05-26-2015, 08:00 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanR View Post
^^ Nice work! That's a nice design for the wall panelling. But that much absorption must make it eerily silent in there. I did something vaguely similar but only filled the ones near the first & second reflection points with OC because I get the feeling that the acoustic gurus seem to want a balance of absorption and reflection. How's yours working out so far .. or maybe with finishing the theater, you really haven't had time for too much listening so far?

Absorbtion about the 1st 3rd to the ceiling. After that about half way up the wall. Reflective at that point. Sounds great to me. I'm also getting old and don't hear as well as I use too.

Shane
post #1299 of 1301 Unread 05-28-2015, 05:00 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Tks. Yes, none of us are getting any younger with better hearing. How did you attach your fabric to the walls? It looks like you have bevelled 'stapling strips' and then maybe finish it off with that horizontal 1x4 piece .. although I have no clue as to how that stays on. There's not a ripple in your wall fabric which is hard to do when covering a large space like that .. that looks awesome!

Ian

My finished "Media Room"
post #1300 of 1301 Unread 05-28-2015, 08:35 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I can only hope to one day be able to contribute to this thread. Great HTs everyone.
post #1301 of 1301 Unread 05-28-2015, 08:47 PM
wse
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 960 Post(s)
Liked: 511
Quote:
Why would you recommend I use a tower for the center channel. That speaker would not appear to be a good fit for my room. But I am always open. Please let me know.
First of all your theater is fantastic, my point is that if you want the best sound having all the same speakers in the front will make a much better sound stage. The other one is that 75% of the sound comes front the center channel during movies so having a center channel as good as L&R is essential that 's all

Enjoy your cinema it looks fabulous and I am sure sound great as well

http://www.audioholics.com/loudspeak...center-channel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction