Show me your COMPLETED Theater! - Page 51 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 702Likes
post #1501 of 1529 Old 08-25-2016, 02:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ody View Post
Here's my make over.... Check the link in my signature for before, during, and some more after pics

[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://s519.photobucket.com/user/dad-at/media/DSC04968_zpsovkkyjnn.jpg.html]
That room is cool, with a capital C .

Outlaw 975, Krell KAV-500,
Old school Def Tech BP-2000s,CLR 2000, BPX surrounds
PSA S3000i & Paradigm Servo-15
PS Audio PP-300,Sony BDP-S550,
Sony VPL-VWPRO-1, 92" Draper Onyx......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1502 of 1529 Old 10-03-2016, 10:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 866 Post(s)
Liked: 236
Just updated my post in this thread here with my most recent projector upgrade! Pictures over there!

My Current "Living Room" Home Theater!
Plasma 50" TV: Samsung PN50C8000 — DLP Projector: Optoma GT1080
Projector Screen: Elite VMAX2 Electric — Receiver:Pioneer Elite VSX-44 — Fronts: B&W 684 S1
Center: B&W CM Center S2 — Surrounds: B&W 685 S1 — Subwoofer: Rythmik FV15HP
Rear Surrounds: Polk Audio T15 — Front Heights: Polk Audio T15
post #1503 of 1529 Old 10-04-2016, 05:03 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
My research is just beginning. My room addition won't have framing up until maybe this coming March or so. In the meantime a quick question, has anyone been disappointed in the projectors inability to match the new quantum dot 4k displays?
Display quality is very important to me and I'm thinking of building around a large TV instead of using a projector. I have no experience with them but a 120"+ screen size is so very appealing.

Soon...pic of my measly setup
post #1504 of 1529 Old 10-04-2016, 05:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew888 View Post
My research is just beginning. My room addition won't have framing up until maybe this coming March or so. In the meantime a quick question, has anyone been disappointed in the projectors inability to match the new quantum dot 4k displays?
Display quality is very important to me and I'm thinking of building around a large TV instead of using a projector. I have no experience with them but a 120"+ screen size is so very appealing.

I don't have experience with 4K either in TV or Projector so I can't directly answer your question. But I can tell you that I've heard great things about the 4K projectors out there when setup properly. They'll cost you a pretty penny though.

Projector Screen: Elite VMAX2 Electric — Receiver:Pioneer Elite VSX-44 — Fronts: B&W 684 S1
post #1505 of 1529 Old 10-04-2016, 05:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1540 Post(s)
Liked: 1300
Quote:
A 120" Flat panel???

Yes, your research is at its nascent stages....

FS: Four (4) KEF CI-200RR-THX in ceiling/wall speakers (link to ad)

FS: JKP Affinity .09 Fixed Frame 2.35 screen, 12.5 feet wide - PM for details

Thrang's Home Theater, For Now...
post #1506 of 1529 Old 10-05-2016, 12:14 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hahahaha, you read that as 120" flat panel? I thought I was referencing a projector.

I will have to head out and demo each but only curious of your opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrang View Post
A 120" Flat panel???

Yes, your research is at its nascent stages....

Soon...pic of my measly setup
post #1507 of 1529 Old 10-05-2016, 12:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1540 Post(s)
Liked: 1300
Quote:
Hahahaha, you read that as 120" flat panel? I thought I was referencing a projector.

I will have to head out and demo each but only curious of your opinions.
Well.....

Display quality is very important to me and I'm thinking of building around a large TV instead of using a projector.

So, yeah....

FS: Four (4) KEF CI-200RR-THX in ceiling/wall speakers (link to ad)

FS: JKP Affinity .09 Fixed Frame 2.35 screen, 12.5 feet wide - PM for details

Thrang's Home Theater, For Now...
post #1508 of 1529 Old 10-31-2016, 12:09 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Very well done HT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeneize12 View Post
Just finished the upgrade of my HT to HT 2.0 featuring a 7.2.4 setup

The highlights of the upgrade:

- Atmos in-ceiling
- Added a 2nd sub
- Added wall/french doors to divide the bar/lounge area from the actual media room
- Better speaker placement on the 7.1 (now that I have a full enclosed room
- Added acoustic panels
- Replaced L/C/R speakers
- Upgraded AVR to Denon 6200W

My next upgrade will feature a close cabinet in one of the corner (replacing the media center) and an optional projector with a slide-down screen (keeping the TV)

I have to say that this HT is easily the best I have seen anywhere online. This is something many folks could pull off for a reasonable price. I've looked at hundreds and hundreds of photos to get something that I thought was reasonably priced and, frankly, not too gaudy. Part of it is I am building my room to almost the exact same dimensions with the exception of my ceiling height only being 7'. That is a huge disadvantage for me but one that I have to live with. The beauty of this room is you can get really expensive equipment and it will work well but you can also use mid to low level equipment and it will work out just fine on virtually any budget (I'm going mid-level).

My one advantage is I will have built-in shelves on the viewing wall for both the equipment and the TV allowing to give me a little more distance from the screen when needed. My TV will be on a sliding shelf so I can move it back about 2 1/2 feet which can help a little when viewing lower resolution as well as 3D material. I like the design because it's simple, lighter wall colors are fine when using flat paint...I prefer to not have a dungeon feel, and the surrounds on the walls at ear level changed my mind (I was going to go with stands originally). I was also curious to get a view of sound wall panels in this size room and it was a pleasure to read how well they worked out for you and add aesthetically to the room as well.

Thanks for posting these pics because I can see what I had actually envisioned in my mind, seriously it's really close. To me, it's really, really classy. Because of my work schedule I won't start my build until December but I will post before and after pics to what you as well as others think. It won't be as nice as this one simply because my ceiling will be a "blah" ceiling but, hopefully, the rest of the room will make up for that.

I can't emphasize enough how great I think your HT is. It's a great outline to model from and I'm surprised we don't see many more similar HT's.
azz7686 and hatlesschimp like this.

Last edited by jeff43; 10-31-2016 at 12:12 PM.
post #1509 of 1529 Old 10-31-2016, 12:52 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Just finished the upgrade of my HT to HT 2.0 featuring a 7.2.4 setup

How long is it between your ceilingspeakers? And how long in front and behind you/your sofa are they? Does it sound well and natural or is it like they are in the wrong place soundwise when something is happening on the screen? Works with both Atmos and dts:x?

Have you tried other placements now or will you stick with that one?

Very nice room! How big is it? I have something like that also, but not completed yet and not yet as nice as yours. Need to do some changes and so before it's done.

Atm I have only installed 2 of 4 speakers in the ceiling and at top middle, so I'm trying to find as much tips and recommendations of placement as possible before I install the last 2.

Thanks!

Last edited by westbergjoakim; 10-31-2016 at 02:00 PM.
post #1510 of 1529 Old 10-31-2016, 02:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by westbergjoakim View Post
How long is it between your ceilingspeakers? And how long in front and behind you/your sofa are they? Does it sound well and natural or is it like they are in the wrong place soundwise when something is happening on the screen? Works with both Atmos and dts:x?

Very nice room! How big is it? I have something like that also, but not completed yet and not yet as nice as yours. Need to do some changes and so before it's done.

Atm I have only installed 2 of 4 speakers in the ceiling and at top middle, so I'm trying to find as much tips and recommendations of placement as possible before I install the last 2.

Thanks!
I can answer one of the questions for you: it's 21 x 14 x 8.5 feet. My room will be 22.5 x 11.5 x 7 which is why I thought it is such a nice blueprint for my room. His stuff starts on page 46 of this thread.
post #1511 of 1529 Old 11-01-2016, 09:01 AM

Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff43 View Post
I have to say that this HT is easily the best I have seen anywhere online. This is something many folks could pull off for a reasonable price. I've looked at hundreds and hundreds of photos to get something that I thought was reasonably priced and, frankly, not too gaudy. Part of it is I am building my room to almost the exact same dimensions with the exception of my ceiling height only being 7'. That is a huge disadvantage for me but one that I have to live with. The beauty of this room is you can get really expensive equipment and it will work well but you can also use mid to low level equipment and it will work out just fine on virtually any budget (I'm going mid-level).

My one advantage is I will have built-in shelves on the viewing wall for both the equipment and the TV allowing to give me a little more distance from the screen when needed. My TV will be on a sliding shelf so I can move it back about 2 1/2 feet which can help a little when viewing lower resolution as well as 3D material. I like the design because it's simple, lighter wall colors are fine when using flat paint...I prefer to not have a dungeon feel, and the surrounds on the walls at ear level changed my mind (I was going to go with stands originally). I was also curious to get a view of sound wall panels in this size room and it was a pleasure to read how well they worked out for you and add aesthetically to the room as well.

Thanks for posting these pics because I can see what I had actually envisioned in my mind, seriously it's really close. To me, it's really, really classy. Because of my work schedule I won't start my build until December but I will post before and after pics to what you as well as others think. It won't be as nice as this one simply because my ceiling will be a "blah" ceiling but, hopefully, the rest of the room will make up for that.

I can't emphasize enough how great I think your HT is. It's a great outline to model from and I'm surprised we don't see many more similar HT's.
Thank you man!

I must say, there are amazing HT here on this thread alone, however l was going more for a media room, I love movies but I also like a room where we can do more than watch movies. It's perfect for that, the sound is probably the one thing to stand out... it's simply perfect.

With 7'' I don't think you have anything to worry about unless you want to be jumping when you watch your shows In fact, I think that height is probably going to benefit your sound stage and speaker placement given that if your room is the same size as mine, you don't have much room to play with your overhead speakers and having a lower ceiling helps in the sense that you can place them close together given the angle... so silver linings, 7" is by no means an issue....

I have to be honest, I'm very happy with my equipment and setup, it is the work of five years in the making (placing, testing, re doing, building walls, etc) my only "gripe" is that I didn't plan for a media cabinet... although I absolutely love my media furniture, I would prefer that area to be clean... so that's the next big change (aside from the fact that I want an HDR TV this year)
The biggest problem with the media cabinet where it stands now is that all the wiring ends there, there are faceplates for every speaker and even HDMI's.... in fact I even have wiring for speakers I don't even have as I pre-wired for 13.2.6 and even wired for corner speakers if I ever wanted to fully adopt DTS-X (but in love with ATMOS)....

So there you go... you have some time, go to www.monoprice.com and plan your wiring, it's a fun project and it rivals my wife's kitchen

Thank you for the compliments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by westbergjoakim View Post

Thanks!
So the measurements of my room are as Jeff pointed out. My speaker placements are just perfect for what I was going for, I wouldn't change a thing.

The way have it now is that I'm using 7.2.4 but the .4 is really middle overheads and back overheads... I am planning on placing my front overheads whenever I buy a bigger and better AVS, but I'm pretty set for now, it sounds amazing... I've had an audio professional installer come hang out with me and he said he's never heard a better sound setup for the money I spent...

If you have only 2 speakers on top, make them your middle ceiling ones and have them just a tad in front of the middle listening position, I have them ~15 degree from the middle ... two speakers gives you about 80% of the experience.... so enjoy it!

Sony XBR65X950B | DENON X6200W | Emotiva mini-X a-100 |
7.2.4 | Ascend CMT-340 | Emotiva ERD-1 | SVS SB2000 + Martin Logan Abyss |
post #1512 of 1529 Old 11-01-2016, 09:11 AM

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 6
When you say you are planning to place front overheads, is it better than having rear overheads?

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

HT - Marantz SR6009 -> Dali Zensor 7 + Zensor Vokal + Zensor 3 (surround) + JBL Control 1 (FH) + SVS PB1000
post #1513 of 1529 Old 11-01-2016, 09:25 AM

Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by murlidher View Post
When you say you are planning to place front overheads, is it better than having rear overheads?

I mean putting the front ceiling ones to a 7.2.6 spec.... right now i'm at 7.2.4 but off spec since I technically use my middle as front... the back ones are fine.

Sony XBR65X950B | DENON X6200W | Emotiva mini-X a-100 |
7.2.4 | Ascend CMT-340 | Emotiva ERD-1 | SVS SB2000 + Martin Logan Abyss |
post #1514 of 1529 Old 11-01-2016, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 660 Post(s)
Liked: 394
Quote:
I mean putting the front ceiling ones to a 7.2.6 spec.... right now i'm at 7.2.4 but off spec since I technically use my middle as front... the back ones are fine.
On most AVRs you can select where the Atmos speakers are placed. I haven't seen the ability to select center and rear Atmos but I have seen center and rear heights. That would probably place objects much closer to where they should be than using the front Atmos selection when they are really located at the center location.

It's object based so it doesn't matter as long as the speakers are close to where you tell the AVR they are.
post #1515 of 1529 Old 11-08-2016, 07:22 AM

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Can you please visit my post here (http://www.avsforum.com/showthread.php?p=48037241) and suggest placement suggestions please. Thanks

HT - Marantz SR6009 -> Dali Zensor 7 + Zensor Vokal + Zensor 3 (surround) + JBL Control 1 (FH) + SVS PB1000
post #1516 of 1529 Old 11-08-2016, 08:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 473 Post(s)
Liked: 307
Just a reminder, this is the "Completed Theater Thread".
The purpose was to post and view completed theater pictures, not to wade through a bunch of the typical forum hoohash.
Thanks.
deewan and thrillcat like this.
post #1517 of 1529 Old 11-08-2016, 11:02 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Here is my completed theater

Race to the finish home theater buildhttp://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...ter-build.html
post #1518 of 1529 Old 11-08-2016, 11:27 AM
Advanced Member

I thought I was the only one that knew what a shuffle board was. Cream on the top.
post #1519 of 1529 Old 11-08-2016, 12:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 788 Post(s)
Liked: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason4vu View Post

Absolutely beautiful!! Very Nice

That's not science! - Cyborg

My Theater Build
post #1520 of 1529 Old 11-08-2016, 12:57 PM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Wow. Stunning. Also, I'm so jealous that you have room for a shuffleboard table. It is the one thing I wanted that I don't have room for.
post #1521 of 1529 Old 11-08-2016, 02:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Here is my completed theater...

The quality of some theaters like this on this forum never cease to amaze me. Have a component list you might be willing to share including screen, speakers, projector, subwoofer(s), amps, processor, etc?

Nice work, absolutely beautiful.

post #1522 of 1529 Old 11-08-2016, 02:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by citsur86 View Post
The quality of some theaters like this on this forum never cease to amaze me. Have a component list you might be willing to share including screen, speakers, projector, subwoofer(s), amps, processor, etc?

Check out the link to his build thread at the bottom of his post. Should be all the details there.

Getting ready for the jump into full-on theater build
post #1523 of 1529 Old 11-08-2016, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citsur86 View Post

Thank you!

Projector
Jvc Rs500

Screen
Falcon 160" wide 2.35

Speakers
3 triad gold lcr for fronts
6 triad inwall silver/4 lcr for side and back surrounds
4 triad inciting silver/6 sat for Atmos
2 triad inwall bronze subs
2 Seaton subs 18"

Marantz 7702 MKii preamp
Emotiva xpa 7 channel gen3
Emotiva xpa 6 channel gen3
2x QSC DPS3322UA
Panasonic UB900 4k bluray
DirectV
PS4
citsur86 likes this.

Race to the finish home theater buildhttp://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...ter-build.html
post #1524 of 1529 Old 11-30-2016, 09:21 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 2
I've been gone a while, some really nice builds guys.
post #1525 of 1529 Old 11-30-2016, 01:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 370 Post(s)
Liked: 259
Quote:
Thank you!
What are the dimensions of the room? before build and after build?

Edit: I see in your build thread you say it is roughly 26x20x10.

So is that 26ft deep from back wall to projection screen, and 20ft wide, with a 10ft ceiling?

Projector: BenQ w1500 + ES Sable 135" Screen AVR: Onkyo TX-NR646 ATMOS/DTSX + Darbee 5000
Speakers: Polk Audio TSX550t (FL/FR), CS2 Series II (C), Monitor40 Series II (RL/RR),
Onkyo THX Bookshelf Speakers (Ceiling L/R), (2) JL Audio 12" Subs + (2) Dayton 15" Subs + (2) ButtKicker LFE
Arrangement: 5.1.2 Source: HTPC, Roku 4, Nexus Player, Samsung UBD-K8500 4k Bluray Player
post #1526 of 1529 Old 11-30-2016, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Chaves View Post
What are the dimensions of the room? before build and after build?

Edit: I see in your build thread you say it is roughly 26x20x10.

So is that 26ft deep from back wall to projection screen, and 20ft wide, with a 10ft ceiling?
Around 23.5 ft from back wall to screen.
post #1527 of 1529 Old 11-30-2016, 05:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Liked: 195
Here is my updated theatre after various revisions.

Click signature for more.

JudgeSmails, cdy2179 and DavidK442 like this.

Setup: Epson 5040 UB, 110" SilverTicket AT screen, PS3 bluray, Yamaha RX-V673 AVR, Polk and Athena speakers, Batcave room.
The Moderno Theatre! Slideshow (here!)
Pixar screenplay slideshows here!
post #1528 of 1529 Old 11-30-2016, 06:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnolivos View Post
Here is my updated theatre after various revisions.

Click signature for more.

^^^ Very nice! I love the theme and decor...yeah baby YEAH!
gnolivos likes this.
post #1529 of 1529 Unread Today, 09:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 373 Post(s)
Liked: 326
This thread always makes me very very happy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction