The Nautilus Screening Room - Page 8 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #211 of 221 Old 06-08-2011, 06:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The theater is an on going project. Here's a recent addition, a replica of the Ballast Control Lever from the Wheelhouse of the Nautilus. It's made out of MDF and the parts were cut using a CNC router.

Dave

"I just want to say people... Get A Life! Move out of your parent's basement! It's just a movie!"

The Nautilus Screening Room

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 221 Old 06-08-2011, 11:26 AM

Liked: 12
Another great touch. I must say that this theater is real inspiration. The attention to detail and overall plan is great.
post #213 of 221 Old 05-21-2012, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter

Bumper

Dave

"I just want to say people... Get A Life! Move out of your parent's basement! It's just a movie!"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #214 of 221 Old 05-22-2012, 03:07 PM

Should give us some updates, this guy has amazing skills and since his build he has to have started another project by now and should share it with all of

post #215 of 221 Old 05-22-2012, 07:10 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks! Actually no updates on the Nautilus except to say we enjoy it almost every night. I have started working on a Harry Potter themed theater. Will post when appropriate.

Dave

post #216 of 221 Old 05-23-2012, 05:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I am sure it will be awesome! Your theater takes building to another level.

-Eric

My build thread:

post #217 of 221 Old 05-23-2012, 10:24 AM

Liked: 12
Wow, what a great thread.. thanks for bumping.. when I first started reading it earlier today I thought.. this is interesting, then I was sucked in.. excellent craftsmanship and details.. I kept getting the feeling that I had seen it or something similar before, then when a few posters added links to other builds I figured I had seen one of those before.. but when the Home Theater Mag was mentioned in the thread it all clicked... I have that issue at home ( I don't throw out my HTM) and I remembered reading it back at that time... kinda cool to see the whole process it took to build - thanks for sharing.

post #218 of 221 Old 05-24-2012, 07:15 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 37
I remember when Electronic House did a story on your theater. It was the first time I ever really went "Wow", and sat there with my mouth hanging open for a solid minute or so. Anyways, I remember you had a 720p projector. Did you upgrade yet or are you still happy with that one? I also remember you saying a while back that you were going to actually sell your house after you did all this work. Did you change your mind?

post #219 of 221 Old 01-04-2013, 07:04 PM - Thread Starter

Ooops, the previous was an old post but I never answered the questions? Sorry.

I still have the same Panasonic 720p projector and I still love it. I'd like to upgrade to a 1080p projector, both for resolution and for a bit better blacks but still, I'm happy with the projector and don't really have to money to do so anyway.

No, I have no intention of selling the house, at least not anytime soon! We enjoy it too much.

Cheers,

Dave

Dave

post #220 of 221 Old 10-06-2013, 01:04 PM - Thread Starter

Bump

Dave

post #221 of 221 Old 08-23-2014, 08:04 AM

Liked: 0
Amazing

Your theater is the one of the coolest projects that I have ever seen. I hope to see more updates or photos of any other projects that you have going on.
Great job, bro.
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page