Panasonic AX100U - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-06-2008, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Many of you are aware of the iris problem. I had mine about 17 months when it developed the problem. Fortunately, the warranty had been extended and it was covered. I had to pay about $30 for shipping and insurance and the rest was covered. Heartland replaced the iris with the iris for the ax-200u.

Here's the weird part. When Heartland has it, they call me and tell me my lamp is tired. I said it's fine - just return it. When I get it, it doesn't work at all. The lamp won't turn on. It's broke. I have to buy a new lamp. I install it and everything is fine. The new lamp is no brighter than the original.

Maybe the shipping out made it tired and the shipping back made it broke. I asked Heartland if I should file a UPS claim. They tell me no. That's the way it was.

My advice - don't inlcude the lamp if you're sending your PJ to Heartland for repair.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-06-2008, 10:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Do you know how many hours you had on the projector when the iris started having problems? I think that I am around the 700 mark right now and had mine for about 10 months now. I know when I purchased mine it was close to the date when they started fixing them before they went out.

Thanks for the information!

Cheers,
JJ

Number of trips to the Hardware Store: Can't count that high!

Sunbeam Cinema Build Thread
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page