post #271 of 296 Old 12-20-2011, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Sonneborn View Post

The image appears to have panel alignment that is off by multiple pixels. Is that the case ?

Gorgeous theater !

Art

Yes I would agree. Those were taken before their was any zone convergence done on the projector. At the far edges of the screen i would say things were at least 1 pixel out. But i think with the E-Shift turned on, which it is in the picture, might be a reason it looks more out. It didn't look that far out to the naked eye. I think the camera is just capturing the shifting.

But after performing the zone by zone convergence it is perfect!

I will take some more pictures shortly with the test pattern and E-Shift turned off.

ccool96

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 296 Old 12-20-2011, 01:50 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Really cool ,thanks !

Art

iRule rules my theater

"If she's amazing she won't be easy,if she's easy she won't be amazing"

Bob Marley

post #273 of 296 Old 12-20-2011, 01:50 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
fantastic setup
LOL if you ever want to recycle your old projectors just pm me
post #274 of 296 Old 12-20-2011, 02:48 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 14
Tremendous set up. That gaming use of 3D is pretty cool. Thanks for updating.

Dave

|
|
|
post #275 of 296 Old 12-21-2011, 05:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Read the whole thread. Yes! Very nice indeed!
post #276 of 296 Old 12-21-2011, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 700 Post(s)
Liked: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccool96 View Post

Also, finally after almost 3 years of deliberating. I bit the bullet on an Anthem AVM50V. It was part of my plan from day one, but video always took precedence. As I changed projectors to upgrade to 3D and then added a 2.0 aspect 4 way masking screen, the Anthem processor and amps just kept getting pushed down the list.

But since it was added, WOW, what a difference. ARC really made a significant improvement to the room sound quality. Now as I have gotten more in-tune to the audio aspect, I am strongly considering moving into a JBL synthesis ATLAS system. But that may take a back seat for a while too....

I'd also recommend Triad, Seaton Sound, and Procella speakers for your room. Though, at some point you'd need to do some remodeling of your side columns to accommodate their matching surround speakers.

Your awesome looking theater is just getting ever more ...um... awesomer and awesomer!

Listen up, studios! Just say "NO" to DNR and EE!!
post #277 of 296 Old 12-28-2011, 10:27 PM

Liked: 45
Have you tried any console gaming on the RS55 yet? I read in a another thread that input lag is a problem with this projector... I was close to pulling the trigger, but that would be a deal-breaker for me...
post #278 of 296 Old 12-31-2011, 07:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 101
wow very nice theater ! I never heard of RBH how are they??

No subwoofer I've heard has been able to produce the bass I've experienced in the Corps!

Must..stop...buying...every bluray release...
post #279 of 296 Old 02-16-2012, 08:27 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Before:
DP Highlite Cine 260

After:
Sony VW1000

More info and comparison pics coming!

ccool96

post #280 of 296 Old 02-17-2012, 06:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Yup! That dog looks a lot shinier in that second pic!

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
post #281 of 296 Old 02-17-2012, 07:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Does the dog have his leg cocked in that last picture?

The "Twinseltown" Theater

post #282 of 296 Old 02-17-2012, 07:53 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony123 View Post

Does the dog have his leg cocked in that last picture?

Basically. His favorite thing to do is get up on the back of the couch and pounce down on the other dogs. He is basically in attack mode. But in a playful way!

ccool96

post #283 of 296 Old 02-17-2012, 09:31 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Some Screenshots

ccool96

post #284 of 296 Old 02-17-2012, 09:32 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Some daytime shots.. but a cloudy day!

ccool96

post #285 of 296 Old 02-17-2012, 02:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Really nice job on the theater. I'm interested in the VPL-VW1000ES and I was wondering how you find the black level compared to the JVC and how much overall improvement you find with the Sony vs. JVC. Is it incremental or really a game changer?

Dave
post #286 of 296 Old 02-20-2012, 11:13 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Honestly. With 1080p content I would honestly say I think they are very comparable. I have not compared them side by side, but from just a money stand point I would be hard pressed to say its worth the difference.

But......

I got a new graphics card today that allows me to output 4k to the 1000. Now that is a game changer. And really the only way to begin to grasp what the Sony is capable of. I was blown away viewing native 4k photos!!!!

ccool96

post #287 of 296 Old 02-21-2012, 05:14 AM
AnalysisParalysis Analyst

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked: 290
Do you use your ceiling fan very often? I can imagine that screen would sway back and forth if you wanted a bit of air movement in the room while watching the screen.

By the way, are you hiring for a house manager or otherwise looking at adopting a 40 year old guy?

post #288 of 296 Old 03-07-2012, 06:51 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 404
You have a fantastic theater. Love the RBH speakers. Been using their speakers in my family room since the 90's. Heck most people would be tickled to death to own your family room set up. Would be interested in how the Sony would compare against the Titan.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me:

Brands we sell: 

Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon & many more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.
post #289 of 296 Old 03-13-2012, 12:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman View Post

I'd also recommend Triad, Seaton Sound, and Procella speakers for your room. Though, at some point you'd need to do some remodeling of your side columns to accommodate their matching surround speakers.

Your awesome looking theater is just getting ever more ...um... awesomer and awesomer!

I can second that recommendation on speakers. Triad and Seaton based on reputation and user reviews and Procella from my own personal experience. I would love to see your theater decked out with a full blown Procella system so I can drool in envy...because based on how you go about things you only know one way...FULL BLOWN!

post #290 of 296 Old 03-22-2012, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamelover360 View Post

I can second that recommendation on speakers. Triad and Seaton based on reputation and user reviews and Procella from my own personal experience. I would love to see your theater decked out with a full blown Procella system so I can drool in envy...because based on how you go about things you only know one way...FULL BLOWN!

I have heard numerous great things about Procella recently. I will have to try to get a demo of those somewhere. Genelec and JBL Synthesis also on my list.

I have heard the JLB synthesis system and was pretty impressed. I just need to try to get a good demo of the Genelec and Procella systems.

ccool96

post #291 of 296 Old 03-22-2012, 01:31 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post

You have a fantastic theater. Love the RBH speakers. Been using their speakers in my family room since the 90's. Heck most people would be tickled to death to own your family room set up. Would be interested in how the Sony would compare against the Titan.

I never did a direct comparison between the Sony and the Titan.

I did do a comparison between the DP Highlite and the Sony. With 1080P content they are very comparable. Keep in mind this is not my primary viewing room and so it very light colored, which works more against the Sony since its black levels are definitely superior.

I have missed the extra brightness I had with the DP. Keep in mind I had the 3500 Lumen model in my family room, not the 2000 lumen model. And considering the room has very little light control, the DP shines way better during the day.

With 4K content, there is no comparison!

ccool96

post #292 of 296 Old 03-22-2012, 01:32 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Theater 3.0 in the works.

Installing a 4K Barco DCI projector.

Continued on the new thread below!

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1398628

ccool96

post #293 of 296 Old 03-22-2012, 05:32 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccool96 View Post

I have heard numerous great things about Procella recently. I will have to try to get a demo of those somewhere. Genelec and JBL Synthesis also on my list.

I have heard the JLB synthesis system and was pretty impressed. I just need to try to get a good demo of the Genelec and Procella systems.

I have listened to the all of the above and I think they all have their strengths. I bought a pair of Genelec 6010's and the matching 5040 sub for my office and fell in love. The HTS4b subwoofer I purchased is incredible, very deep, clean, and fast. I would recommend reading the custom installation manual, it provides great insight into the scientific approach taken.

http://www.genelecusa.com/ht/learnin...llation-guide/

Check out my whole house build
post #294 of 296 Old 03-22-2012, 06:27 PM

Liked: 12
a big shout out for Genelec!!! I love them!! Also helps to have the best Genelec tuner in the country as my best friend. I had a pair of those hts4b's in my last theater room and jumped up to the HTS6. I would like to hear Procella's matched up to the Genelec's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittonYoder View Post

I have listened to the all of the above and I think they all have their strengths. I bought a pair of Genelec 6010's and the matching 5040 sub for my office and fell in love. The HTS4b subwoofer I purchased is incredible, very deep, clean, and fast. I would recommend reading the custom installation manual, it provides great insight into the scientific approach taken.

http://www.genelecusa.com/ht/learnin...llation-guide/

post #295 of 296 Old 03-22-2012, 07:10 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGO2XS View Post

a big shout out for Genelec!!! I love them!! Also helps to have the best Genelec tuner in the country as my best friend. I had a pair of those hts4b's in my last theater room and jumped up to the HTS6. I would like to hear Procella's matched up to the Genelec's.

I was thinking you might turn up on this thread. Did your friend design the acoustic treatments? I've been following your build and was going to buy one of your subs when it was listed, but was beat to the punch. I am in the initial stages of designing my next genelec theater.

Check out my whole house build
post #296 of 296 Old 01-23-2014, 07:39 PM
wse
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 364 Post(s)
Liked: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccool96 View Post

Installed front speakers behind screen wall.

RBH speakers. Left Right Center and dual Subwoofers.

RBH Signature T-2P and T-1

Also 2 additional 15" Velodynes

SMX 170" Wide 2.40:1

Very nice great home theater, you must have a large family or many friends smile.gif

My humble Cinema
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page