Yes Dear, I'm down here working on your craft room!! - Page 31 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 28Likes
post #901 of 908 Unread 02-04-2016, 04:28 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 23
"Yup this is theater #2 , although #1 Didnt win any awards I was very happy with it..."

It may have not won awards, but it was more than worthy to have done so. Looking forward to see more progress on this room.

Gathering ideas for Version 2.0 Home Theater
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 908 Unread 02-04-2016, 05:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Yes, #1 could have won awards. The woodworking was excellent - along with everything else. Good luck with this one, whenever you get around to finishing it. Looks great so far!

I can relate to distractions and procrastination...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Schmidt Haus Theater - WIP (or not) since 2010
post #903 of 908 Unread 02-04-2016, 08:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 97
I second (or is it third now) that theater #1 could have and should have won whatever award Brad would have set out to get. It was absolutely gorgeous in all aspects and I am very fortunate to have seen it in the flesh.

I'm sure this theater will not be a slouch either as evidenced by the above photos.

Regards,

RTROSE

My (slower than molasses) HT build here.
Now a Certified Carpet Counselor and Plumbing Counselor (Self given titles - pay no attention).
Enjoying my "almost done" theater.
post #904 of 908 Unread Yesterday, 10:12 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVoth View Post
Looks good man. But I have a question. I understand hanging a projector, hanging a sheet, watching movies for a month to take a break from saws and drywall dust, but why in the world did you slide ALL 7 seats in there?! You must have been hammered when you made that decision.
Actually I was hammered and continuing to get hammered from the wife.. I guess 4 black fortress seats didn't fit well with her idea of an appropriate living room decor... Go Figure!! They had already sat there about 3 years.. everyone else was used to them..

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidtwi View Post
I can relate to distractions and procrastination...
My two middle names!!!!

Good to see alot of the familiar faces around still..

My Basement HT Construction ~ Faster than the speed of Dark

"I've cut that piece 3 times and its still too short..."
post #905 of 908 Unread Yesterday, 03:06 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Unreal build so far! Just got caught up. Keep up the solid work!
post #906 of 908 Unread Yesterday, 05:06 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNKKNK View Post
Actually I was hammered and continuing to get hammered from the wife.. I guess 4 black fortress seats didn't fit well with her idea of an appropriate living room decor... Go Figure!! They had already sat there about 3 years.. everyone else was used to them..
Ha! 3 years is quite a long time. I guess that would explain the wrinkles in the leather in just about all of them. I'm thinking about upgrading to those actually. I have Berklines and the leather is literally falling apart. Are Fortress that much better than Berkline or is it just "a chair", in your opinion?
post #907 of 908 Unread Today, 07:58 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Jvoth, I've never had a complaint about the Fortress. The 4 chair row was from the first theater(brought them with me when I moved) so their ~ 6 years old. For the last 3-4 years they sat in an alcove off of the living room and have been used daily, especially by the wife and kids who would sit in them and read, do homework etc. Although the leather stretched a little, the seat padding has not broken down in the least, the arm rests, stitching etc.. still look new. The Front row was purchased about a year and 1/2 ago while I still had an optimistic time line for this theater. The price had increased ~30% since I purchased the 4 chair row.

These are the Californians, Fortress's entry level chair, and although they are only 1/2 or less the price of other fortress chairs, they are still ~ 2x or more the price of berklines/coasters/pallisers etc.. by the time you add the power recline to them.

In my opinion, Fortress builds a better chair, but the price is a tough pill to swallow if your buying 6-8 chairs at a time..

As a side note, I had looked extensively at the Elite chairs and their model Cl-M was the same quality and workmanship as the fortress Californian but at the time I bougth the first row they were ~ 1k more per chair. The elite is now at the same price point since the Californians price increase. I think the Elite Cinema chair has better styling and provides another option in a mid level priced chair

Both the Cl-M and Californian are made to stock for quick ship as I understand it, while other fortress and elite chairs are custom built to order.

Brad

My Basement HT Construction ~ Faster than the speed of Dark

"I've cut that piece 3 times and its still too short..."
post #908 of 908 Unread Today, 03:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 728
Well KNKKNK...............................

You have motivated me!

After 2-1/2 years finishing house build, contemplating sell home and moving up North. Unlike you, I retire next year and have to find something to do! Seems fitting building another room over a two year period would keep me busy and my mind off of not working anymore.

How's this for a view!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction