c-not-k's Bar-inspired Home Theater build - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 35 Old 06-16-2009, 07:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Let me know how your Curtain Call works. I can't get mine to stop when it should.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 Old 06-16-2009, 08:24 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 14
How do you like the steam shower? I hadn't seen one as a free standing unit before.

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
post #33 of 35 Old 07-26-2009, 11:34 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ack_bk View Post

Very cool thread. What a great job you did. I really love the Art Deco bar and your color scheme. I am sure you get a ton of enjoyment in that space

BTW, as someone who went from a Polk sub to an eD sub, you cannot go wrong with the eD. I cannot believe what a difference it has made.

Thanks. My only concern is if it will fit where I have space.

Quote:
Let me know how your Curtain Call works. I can't get mine to stop when it should.

Will do. I figure I can program a sequence into the Harmony 890 to get it to stop.

Quote:
How do you like the steam shower? I hadn't seen one as a free standing unit before.

Strangely, I have never showered in it. (I've cleaned it enough times, however.) My family loves it; it's very popular.

It needs a new bead of caulk between the base and the walls. My wife asked the GC to run a bead before assembly, but he didn't. I don't blame him; the instructions were translated from Chinese and left a lot to be desired.

There were a few leaks when he was assembling it, but he waved his magic wand and it has been trouble-free ever since.

I'll try to check back on this thread more often. (I'll subscribe.))

post #34 of 35 Old 05-29-2012, 12:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 30
very cool theater room
post #35 of 35 Old 05-29-2012, 07:43 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 13
Thanks. It's had a few more, minor updates, but have yet to upload the pictures. Most are behind the scenes, and don't change the look of the room. The Harmony 890 gave way to a Harmony 900. I've replaced the Denon AVR 5700 with an AVR 3310Ci. Consequently, I bought and installed another pair of Polk RC65i's so I now have a 7.1 system. Almost all the disk players (and the VCR) have been replaced by a Popcorn Hour C-200, and I ripped all my movies to a server (10.2 Tb.) I still have, and occasionally watch, the Laserdisc player.

Lastly, my drapery maker has left the business before I could get her to my my drapes. I installed the Curtain Call rod, wired it, and can control it from the 900. It still doesn't stop automatically, as it should, but I added several "pauses" within the "activity" so that it works. For example, by default, starting the "Watch Movie" activity sends an "Open Blinds" command to the rod, then pauses for 20 seconds, and then sends another "Open Blinds" command, which stops the rod. Ending the activity sends a "Close", 20-second pause, and another "Close". That's about 2.35. Starting the "Watch TV" activity is the same, except the delay is about 18 seconds, which works out to about 1.78.

The only major "To Do" left is to build the corner traps. I'll wait for the curtains to be finished, so that I can make sure they fit behind them. The other thing I want is to replace the sofas with theater seats. I think I can fit four. Only once have I had more than four people in the theater at one time, so I'm not worried about losing two seats. My wife an I figure we'll wait until the kids are older (or out) and move the existing sofas up to the family room.

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page