Next... On to room treatments:
I picked up some Rockboard 80 at the local hardware store, they were able to find it in the city so I picked it up the same day.
I built my frame out of 3/4" MDF
I drilled the sides out to reduce weight and also to allow for a little more hig freq absorption from the sides as well as the face.
The sides all drilled and routered, ready to put together
A better view of the side profile
I used 1/8" pegboard as a backing, it gives the frame good strength but doesnt add much weight.
All framed together
I added L-brackets to the corners, I didnt do this on my prototype and managed to push the bottom end piece off when pressing in the rockboard. The small blocks are to attach an eye-hook or other kind hanger.
Then I sprayed the sides black so the wood wouldn't show through the burlap.
Slide a piece of rockboard into the frame.
I was going to take some pics during the wrapping phase, but it really just wasnt that exciting, so fast forward to finished. I am working on mounting hardware now, but am starting the assembly line process to make 7 more full size absorbers and then 3 smaller ones for the back wall.
Today I started on the rest of them, as seen below:
Drilling all those holes made a real mess. It was also taking forever with the dull spade bit I was using, but then found a Forstner bit that I had laying around for many years but had never used. It made quick work of the rest of them.
Here is where I got to tonight, tomorrow comes the sanding and painting, and maybe I can wrap them on Friday. New treatments in time for the weekend