Scopeguy's 'Scope Theater - Page 9 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #241 of 243 Old 04-04-2013, 09:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I can't believe it's almost the fourth anniversary of the start of this thread!

I'm still pleased with most of my choices and I love the look and sound;

I don't miss not having 3D and I'm very happy with the projector/lens and curved screen.

I would go for an iPhone/iPad based remote now instead of the niles but this is just a sign of how rapidly some things change.

I was scared to get into hometheater computers at first as it had been so long since I had built a computer I thought the learning curve was too steep but I could have saved a fair amount of money and frustration if I'd just gone strait to a HTPC/media server.

The 11.1 surround sound plan has always seemed a little gimmicky to me so I don't regret not having ran more wire (though that could change after I hear it at Zulu's biggrin.gif )

My only real wish is that I would actually spend more time using it!
Quote:
See you Saturday. Maybe it will lead to a road trip and informal theatre meet!

I look forward to it, It's too bad the Focal 1038be aren't in stock as at least from internet shopping they seem interesting to me.
Quote:
All I can say is WOW! What a beast of a hometheater and a labor of love. I tip my hat to you!

Thanks kweisen; It was a lot of fun to build and I'm very pleased with the results

Greg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 243 Old 05-11-2013, 08:52 PM
Just add water and stir

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 467
Happy Anniversary! Welcome to the golden years of serious thread building! wink.gif

|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 |
|
 |
post #243 of 243 Old 05-11-2013, 08:54 PM
Just add water and stir

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 467
Look forward to seeing you again Greg at the next Meet.

|
 |
|
 |
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page