Finished framing the walls this weekend. Got the first bid for the HVAC work required before I can build the soffits. Seems a bit high, so time to get a second opinion.
The other thing really holding us up a the moment is deciding where to put the AV equipment.
* The front and left walls (from the rear) are concrete, so no space there.
* Facing the back wall, the left 1/3 is open to the stairway landing, the middle 1/3 is a closet under the steps (angled ceiling), the right 1/3 is an open space about 4' high under the stairway landing.
* The right wall is shared with the Living Room/Rec Room.
I was originally planning on a low rack in that 4' open space in the back left of the theater. However, once the riser is in (10-12", still debating that too), it's only 3' high and if I put a full row of 4 berklines back there I can't center them, or they'll block access to it.
Options as I see them:
1) Shove rear seating off to 1 side and put it where I originally planned (wife doesn't like this idea)
2) Put equipment in closet under Steps. Have to walk completely out of theater to change DVDs/reboot misbehaving equipment.
3) Build vertical rack in front screen wall on one side of screen. Was originally planning a 110" wide 2.39:1 screen, which doesn't leave enough room in a 147" wide room. Seating distances are approximately 12'4" and 18'4", so maybe 110" is too big anyway? Plus, I don't really want equipment lights distracting from the screen. Hide behind GOM panel?
4) Build a horizontal rack/entertainment center in the front screen wall under the screen. Again, don't really want the equipment lights distracting from the screen, so I'd need some way to cover it.
Any other ideas?