2nd Run Cinema - A fabric frame theater - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #61 of 61 Old 12-20-2015, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalevolentHamster View Post
I'm interested in this idea too. What does the jamb side of the door look like whn it's open. Is there a name for that style of hinge

I don't know the name of that style hinge, it just had the leaf of the hinge in the correct orientation for my needs. I found it by just looking at pics of hinges for sale.

The door is mounted on 2 slides, one at the top and one at the bottom but of course you can't see them as they are behind the mdf panel that the frames are mounted on. TAnhe hinge is in the middle because I was concerned about putting pushing on the panel on one end and having it bind (since the slides are top and bottom). Remember that the function of this hinge is to simply move the panel of frames on the existing door, the door has it's own hinges to support it's own weight. In hindsight, I probably could have put this special hinge anywhere on the door but it does work where it is and you can't see it since my door is almost next to the screen stage.

An wide throw or parliament hinge would not work for my situation because of the depth of my door frame and because on the left side of my door there is a column that would be in the way. I wish it had been that simple!

Bud

There is a solution to every problem.

2nd Run Cinema - A fabric frame theater
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page