Now it's time for some power.
I started with a 2 gang box in the stage. I already had run power for the outlet so it was just a matter to pulling the wire to the box.
Now since the floor of my theater is two layers of 3/4 OSB with GG between I not going to just cut a hole and slap in an old work box and call it done. I made a double layer OSB box to house the outlet box. This way there is no hole in my floor sound proofing.
Test fit of the outlet box. I mortised the area where the metal arm is so the OSB will sit flush.
I attached the top to the box with glue and trim nails.
But I left one side off so I can run the wire..
Here is the hole for my floor outlet box. The box itself fits through the hole and the plate on top rests on the first layer of OSB.
I pulled the wire from the stage floor outlet and ran it into my box. I then attached the side, fire blocked the wire entry hole, and applied fresh GG to the sub floor.
And with a few screws the floor outlet box is going nowhere. (the stripe in the OSB lining up with the existing floor was just a coincidence, I'm not THAT anal....)
Back to our regular scheduled construction. First piece of stage OSB.