Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 296 Old 09-20-2009, 06:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mscott View Post

Again -- your laptop will be fine initially to learn the routine and rip. You don't need a server now - nor later. You just need storage.

Also, an NMT to use as a front end to stream your audio and video to their respective destinations -- i.e. Pre/Pro & PJ.

Actually from what I'm reading, I do need a server to keep all the files in the same exact location...So that I can have the dvd pics menu for "all" movies correct? CD?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 296 Old 09-20-2009, 06:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by oman321 View Post

Hmmm. good point dogone. If we use the PCH equipped with a blu ray drive and a server like the HP or Acer, that's enough to rip the movie to the server?

This hasn't been proven out yet. Remember, if the BD is at the PCH, where is the decrypting software going to reside? I guess you could share the BD drive from the PCH, and point your decrypting software at it...but again, to my knowledge, no one has posted on this yet.

CD

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. -Plato
post #183 of 296 Old 09-20-2009, 06:03 PM

So what do I have to do to speed up the ripping process for ToNMT?...it took like 12 hours to transfer the movie to my documents yesterday...With anydvdHD using iso it only took 90 minutes...
post #184 of 296 Old 09-20-2009, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDLehner View Post

This hasn't been proven out yet. Remember, if the BD is at the PCH, where is the decrypting software going to reside? I guess you could share the BD drive from the PCH, and point your decrypting software at it...but again, to my knowledge, no one has posted on this yet.

CD

So would I put the BD drive in the HP server?
post #185 of 296 Old 09-20-2009, 06:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogone View Post

Actually from what I'm reading, I do need a server to keep all the files in the same exact location...So that I can have the dvd pics menu for "all" movies correct? CD?

Well, that's true Dog...although only you can decide how inconvenient it is streaming this set of movies from one share (location), and that set from another. But I think what mscott was referring to is as opposed to a "server", you just need storage...as in maybe an NAS (Network Attached Storage).

CD

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. -Plato
post #186 of 296 Old 09-20-2009, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

So what do I have to do to speed up the ripping process for ToNMT?...it took like 12 hours to transfer the movie to my documents yesterday...With anydvdHD using iso it only took 90 minutes...

I think your ToNMT must still be set-up wrong somehow.

CD

post #187 of 296 Old 09-20-2009, 06:08 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

So would I put the BD drive in the HP server?

No, you can't really but a BD drive in the MSS. You'd put...as an alternative to the C-200 anyway...the BD drive in a PC on the network, and rip the files to the MSS.

CD

post #188 of 296 Old 09-20-2009, 06:12 PM

Quote:

No, you can't really but a BD drive in the MSS. You'd put...as an alternative to the C-200 anyway...the BD drive in a PC on the network, and rip the files to the MSS.

CD

So I could still use my laptop to rip and send to MSS.
post #189 of 296 Old 09-20-2009, 06:14 PM

Quote:

I think your ToNMT must still be set-up wrong somehow.

CD

Could you go into yours and post back or PM me all the settings? That way I could compare with mine. Tell me exactly what your copy says in "all" catagories.
post #190 of 296 Old 09-20-2009, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Could you go into yours and post back or PM me all the settings? That way I could compare with mine. Tell me exactly what your copy says in "all" catagories.

C'mon Dog...that's a lot of work my man. Let's start with this; do you have eac3to and tsMuxer installed?

CD

post #191 of 296 Old 09-20-2009, 06:58 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Oh wait...you're ripping from your laptop? Well, yeah...maybe it is taking you 10-12 hours then. I guess depending on the robustness of your laptop. I wouldn't think a laptop was a great choice for this task. Anyone else ripping BD from a laptop, that can report better numbers? Do you know the read speed of your BD drive?

CD

post #192 of 296 Old 09-20-2009, 07:17 PM

Quote:

C'mon Dog...that's a lot of work my man. Let's start with this; do you have eac3to and tsMuxer installed?

CD

Alot of work?...really? I thought digging ditches was alot of work... (damn)

yes, I do have eac3to and tsMuxer installed...
post #193 of 296 Old 09-20-2009, 07:18 PM

Are iso files smaller?...cause it moves pretty good with those. I will check on the speed of my BD drive
post #194 of 296 Old 09-20-2009, 07:27 PM

CD...Here are the specs on my laptop.

POWERED BY:

INTEL - CORE 2 DUO - P8400 - 2.26 GHZ - DDR2 SDRAM - 3 GB - - $1259 INTEL - CORE 2 DUO - P8400 - 2.26 GHZ - DDR2 SDRAM - 4 GB - -
Detailed SpecsProcessor
Processor Class: Intel Core 2 Duo Mobile
Processor Speed: 2.26 GHz
Cache Size: 3 MB
Bus Speed: 1066 MHz
Memory
Installed Memory: 4 GB
Maximum Memory: 8 GB
Memory Technology: DDR2
System
Input Devices: Keyboard|Touchpad
Interface Connection: Audio - Line In (1/8" Mini)|Audio - Line Out (1/8" Mini)|Ethernet - RJ45 Twisted-Pair (XBaseT)|FireWire 400/IEEE 1394 - 4 pin|HDMI|Serial - RJ11 Modular (Phone/Telco)|USB - Universal Serial Bus 2.0|Video - 15 pin High-Density D-shell (VGA)
Slots: Express Card 34|Memory Stick PRO|SD Card
Display
Display Size: 16.4 in
Aspect Ratio: 16:9
Display Type: LCD Display w/ Glossy Screen
Max Resolution: 1600 x 900
Video Chipset: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500 MHD
Storage
Included Drives: BD-RE DL
Hard Drive Capacity: 320 GB
Number of Storage Drives Included: 1
Features
Included Network Card: Ethernet (10/100/1000 Mbps)|Wireless Ethernet - IEEE802.11 Draft N|Wireless Ethernet - IEEE802.11a|Wireless Ethernet - IEEE802.11b|Wireless Ethernet - IEEE802.11g
Included Devices: Built-In Microphone|Built-In Webcam|Modem
Battery Life: 2.5 hour(s)
Energy Star Compliant: Yes
Software
Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
Dimensions
Height: 1.46 in
Width: 15.1 in
Depth: 10.3 in
Weight: 6.4 oz
Warranty
Warranty Information: 1 Year Limited Warranty
More Info
URL: URL
General
normalized-Cache Size: 3
normalized-Display Size: 16.4
normalized-Installed Memory:
post #195 of 296 Old 09-20-2009, 08:08 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Alot of work?...really? I thought digging ditches was alot of work... (damn)

yes, I do have eac3to and tsMuxer installed...

Dog, I would suggest you uninstall your ToNMT, start over again, and try to get help at each step along the way. No, .ISO is MUCH bigger than just stripping out the .m2ts, so the issues you're having are baffling. Sorry.

EDIT- What about your Java install? You have a UDF driver for your BD drive? Check your "preferences"; you're not re-encoding your DTS-HD and TrueHD are you? And you said you've researched and done all the Vista 64-bit fixes?

CD

post #196 of 296 Old 09-20-2009, 08:19 PM

Quote:

Dog, I would suggest you uninstall your ToNMT, start over again, and try to get help at each step along the way. No, .ISO is MUCH bigger than just stripping out the .m2ts, so the issues you're having are baffling. Sorry.

EDIT- What about your Java install? You have a UDF driver for your BD drive? Check your "preferences"; you're not re-encoding your DTS-HD and TrueHD are you? And you said you've researched and done all the Vista 64-bit fixes?

CD

I was one step ahead of you... After reading your post about my settings being wrong I decided to un-install ToNMT and then re-install it...this time when my unzip program asked me where to put it, I selected Desktop instead of Drive C like last time...Guess what?...It is working fast now!...Yippie!!!
post #197 of 296 Old 09-20-2009, 08:39 PM

CD...I think the problem was this fix (below) needs to be done after Java install, but then you have to un-install the first ToNMT download, and re-install it "after" the fix... This is for 64 bit Vista java bug folks.

•Go to Control Panel -> System -> Advanced System Settings. That will pop up your system properties panel.
•Click on "Environment Variables" in the bottom right corner to bring up the environment variables panel
•In the System Variables section, find your Path variable, select it and click "Edit"
•Scroll to the very end of the Variable Value string -- DO NOT CHANGE ANY OF THE EXISTING TEXT -- at the very end of the string, add a semicolon and then C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Java\\jre6\\bin\\ Or, copy and paste this exactly and append it to the existing string, taking care not to modify any of the existing text:
post #198 of 296 Old 09-21-2009, 10:24 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

So...show of hands please: how many, here in the HT section, have their C-200s, how many have ordered and are waiting, and how many have been scared-off by the initial feedback.

I know CJ has his, and SW is in the 2nd batch and waiting. Anyone else?

CD

post #199 of 296 Old 09-21-2009, 10:28 AM
Advanced Member

I'm in the second batch. Well, assuming missing the first batch by 30 minutes puts me in the second batch anyway. First NMT for me, using an Acer WHS for storage (5.5TB right now)...
post #200 of 296 Old 09-21-2009, 11:58 AM

CD...Hate to bug you again, but was wondering if you (or anyone out there) can help me out here. I've been ripping successfully all day (for practice) anyways, I must have changed a setting somewhere when I re-installed the ToMNT So now the movies are ripping fast and were playing back on windows media player, but now I noticed on my last attempt to playback the files, the windows media player says, "Windows Media Player Has Stopped Working"...So I can still rip perfectly, but I changed something, and now I can't play back on Windows Media Player...Do you have any idea, what I need to do?...
post #201 of 296 Old 09-21-2009, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

CD...Hate to bug you again, but was wondering if you (or anyone out there) can help me out here. I've been ripping successfully all day (for practice) anyways, I must have changed a setting somewhere when I re-installed the ToMNT So now the movies are ripping fast and were playing back on windows media player, but now I noticed on my last attempt to playback the files, the windows media player says, "Windows Media Player Has Stopped Working"...So I can still rip perfectly, but I changed something, and now I can't play back on Windows Media Player...Do you have any idea, what I need to do?...

No...sorry. Dog, correct me if I'm wrong...but you don't even have a PCH yet, right? Are you "on-order"? My pont is, why are you driving yourself nuts, and doing all this troubleshooting, when it's not even to get your "normal" playback working?

CD

post #202 of 296 Old 09-21-2009, 12:17 PM

Quote:

No...sorry. Dog, correct me if I'm wrong...but you don't even have a PCH yet, right? Are you "on-order"? My pont is, why are you driving yourself nuts, and doing all this troubleshooting, when it's not even to get your "normal" playback working?

CD

I'm gonna order the refurbed first unit and play with that until I get more adept at this whole thing...I can use it in my bedroom later and order the 200 when the bugs are worked out...In the meantime, it was cool to be able to play back on Windows media player...(don't know what I could have done to change it)... Would appreciate it if you have any clue.
post #203 of 296 Old 09-21-2009, 02:26 PM

Oops, Same post as below!

Samer
post #204 of 296 Old 09-21-2009, 05:01 PM

Quote:

So...show of hands please: how many, here in the HT section, have their C-200s, how many have ordered and are waiting, and how many have been scared-off by the initial feedback.

I know CJ has his, and SW is in the 2nd batch and waiting. Anyone else?

CD

I believe I am in on the September 28th batch. This will be my first NMT which I hope will replace my cumbersome DVD changer. Just trying to be patient as I get more and more anxious!

Samer
post #205 of 296 Old 09-22-2009, 06:04 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

So I'm reading that the stuttering issue may only be with the SMB share, and not streaming through HTTP (My iHome? Apache?). I never installed either...My iHome, because I don't use the PCH to serve out to other machines, or Apache, because even after good reviews from SW, I was waiting to see if the faster processor in the C-200 would correct the occasional stutter. Maybe that's why some users, like CJ, who claims his unit is working perfectly, aren't experiencing stutter? CJ, you still can't pass DTS-HD and TrueHD, can you?

CD

post #206 of 296 Old 09-22-2009, 09:26 AM
CJO
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
I'll have to do some more testing, but it looks like I'm having the same issues with HD audio. I am running over SMB and am not having issues with stuttering, but I haven't had time to try more than 1 or 2 movies since getting the unit.

CJ

coneilliv at aol dot com

The Dark Knight Theater
(a bunch of good reference links and material in first 15 posts)
post #207 of 296 Old 09-22-2009, 02:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I was scared off.

John

Loganed...finally. 6/6/08
My 3.0 HT Build Thread
post #208 of 296 Old 09-23-2009, 08:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I have the C-200 on order but I want to start ripping movies to a 1.5 T WD harddrive.

What do I need to format the hardrive to so I can just move the drive to the NMT when it finally gets here.

I have the BR drive and software on my I970 quad core, 6 gig memory and Win XP 64 bit.
post #209 of 296 Old 09-23-2009, 10:10 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Its just a plain-jane 3.5" SATA drive for the A-110. Don't know if in the C-200 the form factor has changed, but there is quite a bit more room inside the chasis. I would guess that if you format the drive in your desktop and fill it, you should be able to remove and plug it in to the PCH w/o a problem.
post #210 of 296 Old 09-23-2009, 10:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Do I format to NTSF?
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page