Building new dedicated Home Theater... advice, please - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 95 Old 02-18-2011, 04:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Looks nice. If I move and do a theater again I may get carpet like what you have. What style/manufacturer is it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 95 Old 02-18-2011, 06:03 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 11
Thanks, guys! It is truly an enjoyable space. Still working out some technical aspects before I get Dennis to do me an acoustical analysis.

Anyways, Xbox, I'll have to ask the carpet supplier my builder used. We had picked some other carpet out and the manufacturer drug their feet. His supplier then said he could get some nicer carpet (read more $) and they'd eat the price difference. Lemme figure it out for ya!

"Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo."
Ronnie
XBL Tag: HKK Lawdog2k
Webshot pictures
Flikr pictures
Click here to see my DVD's
post #93 of 95 Old 02-18-2011, 10:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 33
lawdog2k,

Yout theater looks AMAZING!!! It's just to bad the PJ had to drop down through the mural like that. Anyway you could build a bigger screen and move that puppy back?

Not sure if you've seen my build, but I intend on mirroring your mural for my theater room. Can't wait to finish my sofit and start painting it.

Again, beautiful room... Outstanding job.
post #94 of 95 Old 02-19-2011, 10:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Hi Lawdog,

I recently got introduced to your thread via Jeff (NightSkyMurals)---your room is really attractive and I know you will enjoy it for many years to come! I've been an HT enthusiast since 1992, and my wife and I have found that home theater is one of those hobbies that just keeps on giving.

Just last August (the 14th), we had a night sky mural painted on our theater room ceiling. That appears to be very close to the time yours was painted. In fact, I believe that Jeff did both of our paintings as part of the same trip during one of his regional swings across the country.

Anyway, we're really enjoying our mural, as I'm sure you are enjoying yours. I noticed that you have taken some excellent photos of the ceiling, even when fully darkened. I was wondering what camera and technique you used to get such good pictures? People have asked me for pictures of my mural, but I haven't been able to produce anything that effectively displays how it really looks. I would like to take some photos similar to the ones you have posted, i. e., of the night sky mural in a completely darkened environment. Would you mind describing how your photography was done so that I could get myself pointed in the right direction? Please feel free to send me an AVS private message, if you prefer.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Tom

Tom

The world is more than we know...more than we imagine...more even than we can imagine.
post #95 of 95 Old 02-19-2011, 12:17 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 11
PM coming your way!

"Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo."
Ronnie
XBL Tag: HKK Lawdog2k
Webshot pictures
Flikr pictures
Click here to see my DVD's