Thanks, guys! I've incorporated much of the suggestions in my planning, tweaked a bit (likely not for the last time
), and have some questions after doing some reading. Updated plan:
- 3 ambient lights approximately in line with the door on 1 zone
- 1 ambient light just past each end of each row of seats (4 lights) on 1 zone
- 2 pinpoint lights above the center seating positions on 1 zone
- 2 step lights on 1 zone
- 3 puck lights behind the false screen wall on an old-fashioned, non-automated circuit
- wiring for 4 wall sconces on 1 zone should the need arise
I think I'll leave out rope lighting in the soffits since the ceiling will likely be fairly dark (and my credit card could use the relief!). All ambient lights adjacent to walls will be about 2' from the walls.
Now for some questions. I was in HD today and saw a 6 pack of 4" IC rated 120V housings and picked them up figuring they'd be what I'd need. Looking at them closer, I don't think they can accommodate clips/channel/DD. Anyone know for sure whether the Halo H99ICT can be adjusted sufficiently?
I like the options provided by MR16 bulbs but two things worry me - hum and control. I've read that low voltage lights tend to hum when dimmed - is this only for cheaper brands? And is there anything in addition to a standard Insteon switch required?