Originally Posted by theWalkinator
Good job! I have some difficult time to cut curves with jig saw, mind to share some tips?
Well I am by no means an expert. Although I have logged quite a few hours now with the jig saw on this project.
1. Get the right tool for the job (The Bosch and blades make a big difference)
2. Use the right blade (again using the wrong bosch blade will affect your cut, time and clean edge)
3. Take breaks. You begin to zone out.
4. Don't let the blade get too hot. See #3 and take breaks.
5. Clean the dust off the surface so you can see the line ahead
6. Let the jig dictate the speed. If you push it through too fast, you might start cutting the edge at an angle unintentionally. The jig saw will pretty much push itself.
7. Use your free hand to guide the jig
8. Go slow and make small adjustments to stay on target
Does anyone know how long these blades should last when cutting oak?