Here are some pictures from yesterdays work on the front wall cabinetry.
I started by routing an 1/8" round over on the cabinet top. This will allow the fabric to rollover nicely when I wrap it. I might bump it up to a 1/4" though.
Then I routed the edge of my 1x2 Maple that will be showing on the room side. Next I used the Kreg Jig and marked areas where I thought I could place screws and avoid the supports that will go inbetween the cabinet doors.
I was able to use the bottom shelf of the cabinet as a perfect way to wrap the 1x2 onto the larger top. In the picture below, everything is flipped upside down. So the top layer is actually the bottom side of the bottom of the cabinet. And the 3/4" MDF below that is the under side of the cabinet top.
I used 1" coarse threads to screw into the 3/4" mdf.
I extended the 1x2 over the edge. Then I just have to flip it over and cut off the extra with a jig saw flush to the mdf.
Not sure what best practice is, but any joints along the curves I've been cutting at a 30 degree angle. I had to use two 1x2's in order to make the full 12'+ curve. They seem to glue nicely together at that angle. I also make sure I cut both pieces while the saw is set at that angle before readjusting the saw.
Here's the routed edge of the maple.
After the glue dried, I started brad nailing and attaching the base shoe to the cabinet top under side edge. There's a nice little gap between the shoe and 1x2 for me to brad nail, staple or glue the fabric and have it hidden from view.
Here's a side profile of the top upside down. Remember, that top layer of MDF is the bottom and not attached aside from the clamps as a guide.
Here are both pieces assembled.
Today, I'll be attaching a 1x2 to the front of the base of the cabinet arch made of MDF. I've predrilled all the Kreg holes already.