Well - I finally finished the crown for the theater. I precut some that I'll need to hang near the front screen and then I'll have to tackle the foyer later.
I was going to have a friend come over and do the final cope but he was leaving on a trip for two weeks. So I thought I'd give it a whirl. I had a few bad 8' boards of crown so I knew I had to get it pretty much right on the first time. Turns out the last corner I had was the worst. It was 3 degree's off, the wall was bowing, the ceiling was pitching, yadda yadda yadda.
I ended up using a jig saw to cut away the bulk of the back side. Then a dremel with a sanding bit. And about an hour and half later I ended up with this.
I squeezed it in as best I could but was fearful I would break off an edge. Man that was nerve wrecking.
Not nearly as clean as all the miter's I did and of course my worst corner is right as you walk in.
Oh well. I think the caulk and black paint will hide everything.
Some final shots. Time for a clean up of the room before moving on to the chair rail.