I put a good dent in the theater yesterday. Worked from sun up until sun down.
I need a second wind the other night after hanging the first piece of crown. So I pulled in half of the red fabric panels into the room for some inspiration.
Here's a photo:
I think I'm going to try using velcro to hold the panels to the wall. Just stick the one side of the velcro to the wall and it should just grab the fabric.
I removed all the hinges and sprayed them with a flat black spray paint from Rustoleum. There was some primer marks on them. The spray paint gave them a new look again.
I also finished stapling all the fabric to the maple doors.
I decided to try this theory on the lower moulding frames I built for the bottom half of the speaker columns too.
The fabric tension is really tight so I was worried it may crush the frame, but so far so good. If the frame continues to hold up, I'll probably do this for them all, then use something to hold them in tightly to the column. I'm thinking something like puddy would keep it held in.
My friend stopped over and we finished hanging the remaining crown in about two hours. It went quicker than I thought. Only had to walk the crown out twice to recut out of the four pieces. The laser measure tool worked out nicely to get accurate results. Just make sure you measure before you hang your first crown all the way around the room. The benefit of not having a ceiling is that everything was able to be cut at 45's!
The LED lighting has a little sharper edge now with the crown. So I'll probably need to elevate the LED lighting to cast a bit higher above the top of the crown.
To wrap up the night I put some more coats of paint on all the mouldings I'll be needing for in the theater foyer.