Here's the weekend update. Lot's of progress.
I terminated most of the connections in the rack to the Onkyo receiver, but ran out of banana plugs. So I ordered a bunch more. I still need to unbox the Emotiva Amp and get that put in the rack though.
I noticed since adding some incandescent lights in the foyer and back of the room, the colors shifted a bit so forgive the pictures if they are a bit from the true colors, but they are still pretty close.
I finished cutting all of the denim and putting it behind all the fabric panels. I had just enough to cover the entire room. I ended up treating every panel at the moment until I can do some further testing.
I took down all of the plastic in the theater foyer and installed the foyer light that had been boxed up for the past year.
I cleaned up and wired the entry lights with some an Insteon switch and Keypad Linc. I plan to control the entire room on/off with the keypad including Movie Poster TV along with some of the LED/Black Lights and one touch mood lighting.
Here are some random shots looking into the back of the room.
Shot of the black sprayed thermostat.
I sprayed three more LED can lights flat black and installed them in the front to wash the screen.
With most lights turned off. I think it produces a nice uniform light, matches the others, plus only uses 30 watts.
I hung the projector and terminated two of the cat6 connections. I noticed that the part that mounts to the projector itself seems pretty movable, just wondering if it's supposed to be that way or if it should be completely locked and unable to move the projector in any direction. I failed to notice during my design that the mount contained two parts, so the projector dropped another 1.5" from the ceiling. I was able to lower the screen about 3/4" so it's still pretty close to lining up.
I installed all of the speakers around the room and the shelving. I had to rip and cut a few more black shelving. I also put adjustable shelves in the front of the room. I was happy that all of the wires/speakers worked after making the connections. I had one scare, where a speaker wasn't working but found the problem. The wires travel through the patch panel before it makes it's way to the rack, so you have to trace all the steps. Turned out to be a quick splice I made at the speaker itself.
Here are the height speakers in the corner mounted as high as I could go behind the GOM fabric and pointed down at the primary listening position.
These M&K S-150's are stand in's for the M&K S-5000's.
You'll notice I ripped the black velvet from the top of the cabinet. I'm going to attempt to replace it with the light trapped flocking material. I'm hoping that is a bit more resilient. But on top of that, I think it more closely matches the color of the black on the wood...so I think it will blend better and even have better darkening than the velvet. I'm just nervous about working with a 12'6 sticker and bending it around the front without it sticking to itself.
I also hung the hangman cleats for the Seymour screen.
I have some of the side mouldings removed so I could put in the fabric panels. Here are some overall room shots.
Next steps are to rewrap top front cabinet. Test DBox platform. Install threshold when parts arrive.