The majority of my recent work has occurred outside of the theater itself. I must give my girlfriend credit for helping me to achieve all this. She has been a terrific helper.
The rest of the basement was completely transformed after finishing the drywall, texturing and painting.
We then installed a drop ceiling. I seem to have misplaced the progess pictures at the moment... We opted for the drop celing instead of drywall to maintain easy access to plumbing, gas, and electrical.
My digital poster screen has been replaced with a slightly larger 43" 4k model. Since this display has a fairly thin bezel, I have not installed a wooden frame for it this time around.
As you can see in the above picture, we also installed wood look tile throughout the rest of the basement space. This was a very long and exhausting process, but it turned out looking great and should last basically forever..... and there is no way I'm going through the trouble of tearing it out..
Since the house isn't completely square along with it being my first time laying tile we decided that laying the tile on an angle would be best. This gives a distinct look as well as hides any uneven lines since there are no grout lines parallel with the wall.
We started by cutting the end of each row at a 45 degree angle and staggered the pieces at random lengths. In the corner you can see the crappy little $25 wet tile saw I got on Black Friday. Believe it or not, it lasted through the entire project. The blade it came with even lasted through most of it.
A lot of long nights were spent working on this project. This is not a one man job....
Here you can still see the outline from when I painted the screen frame.
And finally,roughly 900 sq ft later, we have a beautiful wood look tile floor.