Is anyone using the "Ceiling Link" system? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 02-25-2010, 11:46 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 66
I came across their website at Ceilinglink.com. It uses acoustic ceiling tiles, and is similiar to the "Ceiling Max" system. If you're using it, how do you like it? What it easy to install? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 02-26-2010, 01:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I've talked to several folks who have used it and everyone seems to like it. One person I spoke with had done Ceiling Max, Ceiling Link and a regular drop ceiling and they recommended Ceiling Link over the other two. It seems to be more affordable and more versatile than Ceiling Max.

When it comes time to make that decision in my basement, I think I'm going that way.

Jay
post #3 of 9 Old 02-26-2010, 09:02 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Thanks. I've had Ceiling Max for about 6 years now, and I'm not nuts about it. I have a few cross tees that one end always pops out. And it's not very easy to remove tiles. I'm thinking of replacing the inner pieces with Ceiling Link. I called them and they said I could leave the Ceiling Max perimeter pieces up, they would work fine.

post #4 of 9 Old 02-26-2010, 09:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 112
I have the black ceil link in my theater, and my father in law has ceiling Max in his basement. I didn't help him install his ceiling Max, but we did take some down when I helped him run RG 6 to all the TVs in their house.

If I had it to do over again, I'd still get the ceiling link. The Max system is a lot more fussy to put up as the cross members are a set length and need to be clicked into the long runners. The cross runners on the ceiling link are just cut to length and rest on the long runners so it allows for more flexibility (which I suppose could be good or bad thing.)

Further, getting the ceiling max in black would have been cost prohibitive to special order it at a local store. As it was, the black ceiling link direct from their factory was cheaper than the white from the local store.

FWIW, I used Ceilume tiles in my basement, which offer some significant advantages to traditional fiber tiles as far as installation, so ymmv. I would still pick the ceiling link product if I were to do a ceiling with fiber tiles, as I think it would still be a better option.

You can see my ceiling in this thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1183349

-Suntan
post #5 of 9 Old 02-26-2010, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Thanks Suntan. Your room looks great by the way. When I did my Ceiling Max, I spray painted the runners and cross tees black. I think it only took 1 can of paint.
post #6 of 9 Old 02-26-2010, 12:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Yeah, the section in the back of my room has a soffet, which I used regular tin drop ceiling grids for. I spray painted those black. They came out fine, but it was a pain in the butt.

-Suntan
post #7 of 9 Old 02-26-2010, 02:27 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I used Ceiling Link with 2X2 tiles and couldn't be happier with the system. I couldn't spare any ceiling height and after having drywalled it and then had to rip all the drywall down a year later to install plumbing and ductwork I wasn't going to drywall it again.
post #8 of 9 Old 02-27-2010, 12:57 PM

Liked: 10
+1 on ceiling link is a great product

I used it just recently on my build (http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1167824)

and it was easy to put up ,I used a table saw with a plywood saw blade on it and made short work of the cross Ts.
post #9 of 9 Old 06-10-2017, 02:37 PM

Liked: 0
Ceiling Link Ordering

For every 100 square foot ceiling order a least two more T shaped strips than the company calculator tells you to order-- I needed three extra and I made no cutting mistakes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page