Thin Room Seating and equipment placement - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-02-2010, 11:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello, I appreciate everything that I have learned in these forums. However, I would like some advice on my next stage.

I am in desperate need of seating and equipment placement advice. I have attached my theater measurements. The entrance is at the top on the right. The screen is forward about 47" from the wall. The 2 doors lead into attic space.

What I am thinking is 2 rows of 45090s ($2,800 -- Good price for match/manual?) right now. I will build a platform for the back row. These will be placed against the wall on the left side just in front of the bump out for the door.

My main question is where should I put my equipment? I was looking at Middle Atlantic, but man they are expensive! (Onkyo 606, PS3, Directtv, and maybe my router/switch/wdtv live). I was thinking either behind last row in the half wall in the back. (Ceiling slopes from 9' down to 4'). It is a pain to get around the screen.

Any ideas?

Thank you so much.
LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-02-2010, 11:55 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 14
Look on craigslist for server racks. Might take a couple months but you should find one eventually. If you are lucky it will have shelves and casters. I'd do it in the rear nook, and run 2" conduit to your PJ.

You might want to read this thread of a narrow room. I haven't read it in a while, but it might give you some ideas.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=940105
post #3 of 3 Old 04-02-2010, 02:08 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Thanks. I will read, actually I think I have. Is there anything similar to Middle Atlantic that is less expensive?

What kind of cooling should I use for in wall?
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page