Quail Creek Cinema - Page 5 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 33Likes

post #121 of 124 Old 04-21-2015, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Well guys, I've stared at the samples long enough. They just aren't doing it for me. Just got done on the GOM website and have about a dozen samples headed my way. Looking for that one that will knock my socks off!!! I'm really looking forward to see a couple in particular. The first pic is of the Broadcast Chinchilla Fabric and the second pic is of the Broadcast Mink Fabric. I really like the looks of both of them. Keeping my fingers crossed!!

"Nick, what did your dad get done in the movie room tonight?" "Nothin', he just went down there and stared again".
Build Link
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...4#post18526304
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 124 Old 04-21-2015, 05:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Hopefully they are not to stretchy because if they even have the slightest pattern in the weave you will see it if you stretch it to much when stapling. believe me you don't want to remove staples as that's a pain.
neaner72 likes this.

Scott

The CopperFields Cinema

Current Photo's

post #123 of 124 Old 04-21-2015, 05:22 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 88
I prefer the 1st fabric over the second but it looks like the 2nd picture is not that good of quality as the 1st, so it not a fair race. I would also keep in mind W00lly said, pulling staples is a pain in the you know what!
neaner72 likes this.

Creekside Stone Cinema
post #124 of 124 Old 04-21-2015, 07:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by W00lly View Post
Hopefully they are not to stretchy because if they even have the slightest pattern in the weave you will see it if you stretch it to much when stapling. believe me you don't want to remove staples as that's a pain.
Here is a little description of the material I found on Ebay.
This is a premium acoustical panel fabric that is used both by professionals and individuals that require a better fabric with superior aesthetics and characteristics for their speakers or home theater. This fabric is a woven 9.5 ounce crepe that is considered acoustically neutral or transparent. As a woven fabric, this fabric does not stretch. If you need a stretch fabric you should purchase our knitted speaker fabric
I'm hoping if there is stretch, it's minimal.

"Nick, what did your dad get done in the movie room tonight?" "Nothin', he just went down there and stared again".
Build Link
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...4#post18526304
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page