Good experience with fabric.... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 04-24-2010, 09:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just wanted to report that I have been wrapping my 8 colums with fabric for the last few days. To put that im prespective, each column is made of 8 seperate pieces, each wrapped in a different way. So 64 pieces to wrap. I'm about 25% done and have used ~3000 staples. I am wrapping them in microsuede and have had a wonderful experience dealing with a company called Inweave.

They offer free samples (up to 6). I need 7 and called and they told my it would be no problem. I recieved my samples in 2 days, and there were only 6. I was going to call and then a day later I get another envelope with the 7th sample and a note appoligizing for them having forgotten to place the last one in the original envelope.

I picked the ones I like and placed a small order to test out larger pieces. Its to hard to tell with tiny pieces.

I like the ones I got, but wanted to add some black microsuede. I called and they did not have that color but they had something similiar (different kind of material). I asked if they could send me a sample and explained to them that I would place a note in the comments section, when I placed my order, asking for the black sample. She said it would be no problem.

I placed the order but forgot to place the note in the comments section asking for the black sample. When the package arrived, with my 12 yards of fabric, there in the bottom was the black sample! My jaw hit the floor to see that kind of customer service.

I wanted to relay this experience since it was so positive. I made a similair post after dealing with folks at The Sound Proofing Company.

Here is the link again. Inweave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-24-2010, 10:10 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 25
It is always nice to hear about good customer service from a previously unheard of company from forum members with more than 2 posts on a 1 day old account.

Post some pics of your work in progress so we can share in the joy a bit more. I would love to see such colorful work. I have been doing some fabric work in my equipment room and it is taking a bit more time than I expected although I am nearly finished now.
post #3 of 6 Old 04-24-2010, 10:55 AM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 548 Post(s)
Liked: 729
post #4 of 6 Old 04-24-2010, 11:53 AM - Thread Starter

This was mny inspiration, but the price tag of these pre-made is $400 EACH, which is way more than my budget woud allow.

Here is my staple station. I can't believe my wife is letting me do this on the carpet in out libing room!!

Here is the most underated tool in my build project. This thing has saved my hands many times over. It makes cutting effortless!

This next shot is of my "tight corners". I'm not sure how tight they really are. I am going to use some glud when I am all done to flatten them even more.

Here you can see some of the pieces stacked up and waiting assembly.

Here is one finished column, complete with cut out for an eletrical box (bottom) and a sconce cut out (top). As you can see, I think, there is a base column, with three large panels layered on the base. Then there are 2 more layers making the top and bottom crown pieces. I know the lighting in this shot is horrible. I will try and get another shot with better light.

LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
post #5 of 6 Old 04-24-2010, 12:22 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 548 Post(s)
Liked: 729
Nice! Looks really great and classic theater inspired.

For those following along at home if you assemble all those pieces in a much taller room you may get a surprise when you try to tip them up into place. Looks like these are modular so it shouldn't be a problem.
post #6 of 6 Old 04-24-2010, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter

Yep. you poasted about that in a previous thread I read. Since the column is going up under the soffit, I can tip up the column in the middle of the room where there is a 7' 4" ceiling and then push it back into place. The column is only 6' 8"
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page